: Has anybody installed a "Curb Alert" on a V?

itsaz
10-29-12, 05:55 AM
How'd you get thru the firewall?

SoCalCTSV
10-29-12, 07:36 AM
How'd you get thru the firewall?

I went around the door but mounted the box in the engine compartment on the shock tower behind the fuse box.

itsaz
10-29-12, 10:57 AM
I went around the door but mounted the box in the engine compartment on the shock tower behind the fuse box.

Just had to run the speaker wire? Would you mind posting a pic of the routing around the door? Did you tap into the underhood fuse box?

SoCalCTSV
10-29-12, 03:28 PM
Just had to run the speaker wire? Would you mind posting a pic of the routing around the door? Did you tap into the underhood fuse box?

Tapped into fuse and ran only speaker wire to passenger side door. You can't see it at all. I will take pics later.

A better question is where are you gonna mount the sensor? Mine keeps getting clipped off as I put it under the very front part of the front lower facia. I disconnected it pending finding a better location. On the grill is a deal killer. I may put it just under the lip of the front license plate as I use a tow hook mount.

itsaz
10-30-12, 04:04 AM
I was thinking of putting the sensor 6 or 8 inches further back under the front lip. Don't know if this would hinder it's view of obstacles. I asked the supplier if mounting it behind the grill would work and he just wasn't sure. He did say it needed a clear, unobstructed view.

BTW, I refuse to mount a front plate. It requires drilling the front facia. NFW!

SoCalCTSV
10-30-12, 10:10 AM
I was thinking of putting the sensor 6 or 8 inches further back under the front lip. Don't know if this would hinder it's view of obstacles. I asked the supplier if mounting it behind the grill would work and he just wasn't sure. He did say it needed a clear, unobstructed view.

BTW, I refuse to mount a front plate. It requires drilling the front facia. NFW!

I have a tow hook mount for the front plate. Use the search function.

Good idea on mounting it further back.

mj1980
11-26-12, 08:51 AM
What brand and model are you guys using for the Curb Alert? Just curious how are you integrating it with the V? or is it a stand alone system? Thank you.

SoCalCTSV
12-19-12, 06:21 PM
What brand and model are you guys using for the Curb Alert? Just curious how are you integrating it with the V? or is it a stand alone system? Thank you.

http://www.curb-alert.com/index.php

There is no good way to mount the sensor. Under the front of the car is useless unless you never have to drive up an incline. Even mild ones will tear it off. In front of the grill is awful.

I resorted to mounting it on my front plate which is mounted to the tow hook. Angled it so it is pointed parallel. It works well and not noticeable.

http://imageshack.us/download/94/imagebexl.jpg