: Video - Ford truck goes off-roading

Jesda
10-29-12, 12:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHQViUBgF5k

orconn
10-29-12, 12:54 AM
OK, Land Rover, let see your Limey/Kraut butt do that!

truckinman
10-29-12, 12:59 AM
Holy hell that was the most realistic R/C video I've EVER seen. Everything down to the original bare white steel wagon wheels. It even sounded just like the old 351! I loved it. At first I thought it was the full size truck until I saw it in the grass. Lol. Awesome! Even those solid axles and differentials! I'm nothing but impressed by the detail in that RC truck!

----------

Plus when it gets close to the camera, you can hear the servos turning the steering on it.

cadillac kevin
10-29-12, 01:07 AM
what an impressive looking and sounding ford truck. My neighbor has a 351 powered ford truck from the mid 70s and it sounds JUST like that RC.

CadillacLuke24
10-29-12, 01:38 AM
I want one!

thebigjimsho
10-29-12, 07:42 AM
That's pretty amazing...

M5eater
10-29-12, 10:56 AM
Was that a girl driving or a guy with really long hair?

orconn
10-29-12, 01:16 PM
It was a miniature Afghan Hound! They really know how to drive off road!

Submariner409
10-29-12, 01:27 PM
THAT is a most excellent example of R/C work, videography, and sound sync. Based on the grass, sticks, and rock comparisons, that model is not all that large.

There's a guy near here that has a scale model of a B-17 WW-II bomber. All 4 engines, retractable landing gear, bomb bay, bombs - the whole 9 yard. They start it up, taxi to the runway, full power, flight, bomb run. And the wingspread is 8 feet.

This is not the same plane, but you get the idea -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8vvkBTqAmg

truckinman
10-29-12, 01:41 PM
THAT is a most excellent example of R/C work, videography, and sound sync. Based on the grass, sticks, and rock comparisons, that model is not all that large.

There's a guy near here that has a scale model of a B-17 WW-II bomber. All 4 engines, retractable landing gear, bomb bay, bombs - the whole 9 yard. They start it up, taxi to the runway, full power, flight, bomb run. And the wingspread is 8 feet.

I use to fly RC planes and I loved it. My step dad and I were going to build an RC B-29 bomber with a 12 foot wing span. That woulda been sweet. I've seen one just like it on YouTube. So realistic. My biggest plane had a 7.5 foot wing span on it. Was fun to fly[COLOR="Silver"]

----------

97EldETC
10-29-12, 01:42 PM
Has anyone seen the video of te Sierra vs the F150 I believe are the trucks? The tail gate of the ford bent in half lol.

The-Dullahan
10-29-12, 01:45 PM
It's not an R/C. If you pay attention around 4:04 into the video, you'll see it is just documented video recorded by some of the few survivors of the Catpocalypse.

MoistCabbage
10-29-12, 02:19 PM
Building the body:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=a_Dvap18PLc

The front end work is particularly impressive.

talismandave
10-29-12, 02:35 PM
It's not an R/C. If you pay attention around 4:04 into the video, you'll see it is just documented video recorded by some of the few survivors of the Catpocalypse.

:histeric: Thanks, now I am ready and able to face the rest of the day at work, having had a good belly laugh! (It's quite a belly to get laughing too!)

The-Dullahan
10-30-12, 02:00 AM
Hey, I tell it like it is.