: Alpha Therm Heat WW Fluid - not working properly

berk4422
10-29-12, 12:40 AM
Can anyone offer some advice on this: I installed the alpha therm on my 08 escalade. The dic does not display any message when i press the heated wash button. the heated wash button light flashes slowey for about 20 seconds, then fluid proceeds to spray with the wipers active. Then it stops after about 10 seconds of spray. the light begins to flash rapidly and then the light shuts and that's it... I contacted Alpha Therm, they promptly sent a replacement unit. I installed it and then the same thing. Any thoughts on what is going wrong with this???

thank you

48Dodge
10-29-12, 10:53 AM
Sounds like it's working correctly unless I'm reading your description wrong. My dic doesn't display anything

berk4422
10-30-12, 08:38 PM
Understood on the dic. should it spray more than 1 time? I only get one spray. Thank you

48Dodge
10-30-12, 09:25 PM
I only get one spray.

berk4422
10-31-12, 11:44 PM
Thanks for clearing that up!:thumbsup:

MrHolland
10-31-12, 11:56 PM
LOL, Nice playing words!!!!

PeteKT
11-01-12, 02:23 PM
Mine sprays 4 times, did you ask alpha therm if the setting cvan be changed? or maybe the fuse your using isnt strong enough to warm it up

berk4422
11-02-12, 12:21 AM
I did contact Alpha Therm and they said it was a problem that it only sprayed one time. They promptly sent a replacement unit, so I assume it can not be an adjustable setting. BTW - that is great customer service.
I installed the new unit with the same result. As far as fuse being strong enough... Come to think of it... They did not send a replacement fuse. I wonder if you are onto something. Perhaps it is an issue with the fuse. Do you happen to know the part number? If so, I will order a new fuse. Can't hurt to try...
Thank you!

48Dodge
11-02-12, 12:50 AM
I did contact Alpha Therm and they said it was a problem that it only sprayed one time. They promptly sent a replacement unit, so I assume it can not be an adjustable setting. BTW - that is great customer service.
I had no clue it was supposed to spray 4 times. I may have to contact them as well.

PeteKT
11-02-12, 01:13 PM
I got lucky when the dealer pulled the old unit out the kept the 60amp fuse in the box, did you put a fuse in or did you even check if there is a fuse there? though ti assume it wouldnt work if the fuse wasnt in place.

berk4422
11-03-12, 12:56 AM
Update!! All is fixed... I submitted a note on Alpha Therm web site last night and Joe T at Alpha Therm got back to me at about 7am this morning via e-mail. We talked at 9:00am and I walked him through the problem. He had to check on the issue and got back to me in the afternoon. After some trouble shooting, Joe diagnosed the problem - user error LOL....
When I hooked up the Alpha Therm there are a few window washer fluid lines. One of the lines feed the rear window washer. When i hooked it up the first time i used the washer fluid line that feeds the rear, not the windshield. That was the source of the problem. i fixed it and now it works as it should - 4 sprays. All Heated...

----------

bring on the frost!!!

48Dodge
11-03-12, 01:18 AM
I'll definitely take a look at mine. I could swear mine is squirting hot on the windshield but I very well could've mixed something up

sdgc
11-04-12, 07:47 AM
I have a 2012 Escalade... anyone know if this can be installed? What wires to look for under the hood... hoping GM got lazy and kept the wiring harness for plug and playy.... maybe even able tu use one of the blank buttons?

berk4422
11-04-12, 11:22 PM
I'll definitely take a look at mine. I could swear mine is squirting hot on the windshield but I very well could've mixed something up

Let us know what you find.

48Dodge
11-08-12, 02:32 PM
Let us know what you find.

Un freaking believable. Here I thought I had installed it properly and I had it hooked up to the rear wipers. Just flipped it to the front and getting 4 squirts now. Thanks!

PeteKT
11-08-12, 04:38 PM
LOl thats funny guys, guess it helped that alpha therm installed mine :)

berk4422
11-11-12, 12:43 AM
Un freaking believable. Here I thought I had installed it properly and I had it hooked up to the rear wipers. Just flipped it to the front and getting 4 squirts now. Thanks!

Awesome!!! Glad for you. Ahh, the power of the forum!
:2thumbs::cheers: