: hit the drag strip with my manual coupe

FSTMRFR
10-28-12, 11:42 PM
So I clicked off a 12.31 @ 118 with a horrific 60' time of 2.16 .... Slight bog no spin.... I used no lift shift, had in competitive mode and touring and had tire pressure at 22 psi .... Guess my question is... What are the best setting for the car and tire pressure (street tires) are all u manual tranny guys running? If I could put the car to 1.9x 60' then the car would run 11.9x 1/4 .... Tell me the secret... I tried all settings... Standard mode with tc off, competative mode even tried stabilitrac off, touring and sport mode.... All with worse 60' ... I figure the touring mode a bit slopier suspension for weight transfer... Vs sport mode which would just spin out the hole like I was trying to drift.... Anyhow what are you all doing with ur cars.... Only mods are
Stainless works cat back and new era cai.... Please give feedback for drag strip action... I am not a tire bender, I don't do cones or round and round tracks... Only strait line fo me... Feedback would be sweet!

mpouls1
10-29-12, 12:59 AM
Try leaving TC on at launch and then flip off when you feel the hook.

mannyz
10-29-12, 05:41 AM
^^^ Thats a lot to ask for while driving a manual. If it makes you feel any better, I'm still pulling 2.0s. It's tricky without radials.

M5eater
10-29-12, 08:39 AM
The best advice I could give is to feather the power until you're in second. Are you dumping the clutch? I just came off idle in the auto when I landed my 12.001, that's my plan of attack for MIR next weekend. I'm not even going to try a launch.

mpouls1
10-29-12, 12:27 PM
It might be a stretch but hook would still be in first gear with little extra time before the shift? Ditto on coming off idle. Good luck

FSTMRFR
10-29-12, 03:54 PM
But what settings to have car in present best track conditions for car... Guess I just don't understand what each settings do, and what the effect... If I knew that, I could best guess what is best for strait line racing.....

M5eater
10-29-12, 05:01 PM
But what settings to have car in present best track conditions for car... Guess I just don't understand what each settings do, and what the effect... If I knew that, I could best guess what is best for strait line racing.....
If I were you.
Touring suspension, TC off, keep stability on. Stability will keep you from going sideways into a wall. It uses BFD to reel the car in when necessary.

FSTMRFR
10-29-12, 06:19 PM
If I were you.
Touring suspension, TC off, keep stability on. Stability will keep you from going sideways into a wall. It uses BFD to reel the car in when necessary.

Sweet... That what I used, and put tire pressure at 22 psi... And that is what the car ran....

Trapspeed
10-29-12, 07:02 PM
So I clicked off a 12.31 @ 118 with a horrific 60' time of 2.16 .... Slight bog no spin.... I used no lift shift, had in competitive mode and touring and had tire pressure at 22 psi .... Guess my question is... What are the best setting for the car and tire pressure (street tires) are all u manual tranny guys running? If I could put the car to 1.9x 60' then the car would run 11.9x 1/4 .... Tell me the secret... I tried all settings... Standard mode with tc off, competative mode even tried stabilitrac off, touring and sport mode.... All with worse 60' ... I figure the touring mode a bit slopier suspension for weight transfer... Vs sport mode which would just spin out the hole like I was trying to drift.... Anyhow what are you all doing with ur cars.... Only mods are
Stainless works cat back and new era cai.... Please give feedback for drag strip action... I am not a tire bender, I don't do cones or round and round tracks... Only strait line fo me... Feedback would be sweet!

Ugh. The 11 that got away. Damn dude.

PetroCTS-V
11-01-12, 03:33 PM
If I were you.

+1

This is how I ran the car when I went 12.18 @ 119 in my automatic V with a crappy 2.0 60'

M5eater
11-01-12, 04:29 PM
+1

This is how I ran the car when I went 12.18 @ 119 in my automatic V with a crappy 2.0 60'

that's how I made my 12.001 pass as well :D

sybersport
11-01-12, 05:10 PM
I'm in the same boat - ran a 12.38 @ 118 (2.0 sixty foot) in my manual sedan. I had traction control off completely. I made the mistake of launching with it on once, and the car fell flat on its face.

I'm actually planning to pick up some 18" ET streets, along with some C6 Z06 reproduction wheels - hoping that's enough to run a 1.8 short time, which *should* help me dip into the 11's...

Here are the wheels I'm looking at, in case you're interested

http://www.factoryreproductions.com/factory/pc/Corvette-C6-Z06-c141.htm

Folks also get these ones for the rear of their V

http://www.factoryreproductions.com/factory/pc/Corvette-C6-Z06-Spyder-c143.htm

FSTMRFR
11-04-12, 10:50 PM
Thx for the info man!