: 2007 escalade seats in 2005

godsdiablo
10-28-12, 10:25 PM
Do the bolts line up from 2007 in my 2005?

the cadillac man
10-28-12, 10:42 PM

They may or may not the best way is to measure both seats

latrae75
10-30-12, 12:51 AM

Man, I traded my 2004 Escalade in for a 2008 Escalade a few years back, and I'm here to tell you that the seats in the '07 and up Escalades are no where near as comfortable as the seats in the 2003 - 2006 Escalades. If you need new seats, I strongly advise you to find new seats from the 2003-2006 model year. You have been warned. I miss the hell out of my old '04 Escalade aka "Big Joe". It was way more comfortable and plush to drive versus my new Escalade.

the cadillac man
10-30-12, 01:13 AM
Man, I traded my 2004 Escalade in for a 2008 Escalade a few years back, and I'm here to tell you that the seats in the '07 and up Escalades are no where near as comfortable as the seats in the 2003 - 2006 Escalades. If you need new seats, I strongly advise you to find new seats from the 2003-2006 model year. You have been warned. I miss the hell out of my old '04 Escalade aka "Big Joe". It was way more comfortable and plush to drive versus my new Escalade.

Is it true that the third gen body style seats isn't as good?(they don't look much different) although I haven't test drove a third gen escalade yet.

latrae75
10-30-12, 01:47 AM
Is it true that the third gen body style seats isn't as good?(they don't look much different) although I haven't test drove a third gen escalade yet.

Correct, the third generation seats are not as comfortable as the second generation. Trust me, the seats are totally different, I have owned a second generation, and now currently own a third generation. The main difference with the third generation from the second generation is power. The third generation has tons of power with the new 6.2 engine, and will flat outrun the second generation with total ease. Oh, and the third generation has the reverse camera. But other than that, your not missing much, other than the new design and more factory chrome. But, honestly, a well maintained second generation has a much better highway ride than the third generation. But the yeah, many owners (including myself) have complained that the third generation seats are hard, uncomfortable, and poor, compared to the second generation seats.

ROCKETW19
10-30-12, 02:07 AM
seat belts one is seat mounted and the other is mounted to the truck! I guess you could drill some holes and mount seat belts to the truck? not sure how safe it could be done?

the cadillac man
10-30-12, 02:43 AM
seat belts one is seat mounted and the other is mounted to the truck! I guess you could drill some holes and mount seat belts to the truck? not sure how safe it could be done?

And can be considered illegal and if you get in a wreck and someone using the said belts get killed even though they may have survived you would get the blame

I know this as I was going to put bucket seats in my car(it has a bench seat) and drill the mount holes for the seat tracks that plan got the axe due to the legal issues that may arise

Ps I like how the third gen body style escalades look just haven't been in one yet(although with my back problems the seats may or may not be the deal breaker)as I make 300 mile round trips and want to be comfy when I drive, also while I ain't against them I am not a big fan of projection headlights(every Toyota I see seems to have bad aim that has them)

latrae75
10-30-12, 10:32 AM
And can be considered illegal and if you get in a wreck and someone using the said belts get killed even though they may have survived you would get the blame

I know this as I was going to put bucket seats in my car(it has a bench seat) and drill the mount holes for the seat tracks that plan got the axe due to the legal issues that may arise

Ps I like how the third gen body style escalades look just haven't been in one yet(although with my back problems the seats may or may not be the deal breaker)as I make 300 mile round trips and want to be comfy when I drive, also while I ain't against them I am not a big fan of projection headlights(every Toyota I see seems to have bad aim that has them)

The projector beam headlights on the third gen body are better and shine brighter with a better field of view than the second gen, even though I am also not a fan of projector beams, I have to admit that this is one upgrade that Cadillac got right.

the cadillac man
10-30-12, 02:46 PM
The projector beam headlights on the third gen body are better and shine brighter with a better field of view than the second gen, even though I am also not a fan of projector beams, I have to admit that this is one upgrade that Cadillac got right.

I may test drive one as soon as I can to see if I like it or not

FYI I have thought of getting a projector and hid kit for my car(as halogen sucks compared to hid)

latrae75
10-30-12, 04:09 PM
I may test drive one as soon as I can to see if I like it or not

FYI I have thought of getting a projector and hid kit for my car(as halogen sucks compared to hid)

When you test drive it, make sure you drive down a rough road as well as the highway. Then tell the salesman that you will be right back, then drive your current vehicle over the exact same route you drove the "potential new truck". Compare the two ride qualities, then return to the dealer for your decision.

the cadillac man
10-30-12, 08:18 PM
When you test drive it, make sure you drive down a rough road as well as the highway. Then tell the salesman that you will be right back, then drive your current vehicle over the exact same route you drove the "potential new truck". Compare the two ride qualities, then return to the dealer for your decision.

Thanks man I will keep that in mind(as I like to go the same roads I normally drive on)

Sentinelist
11-01-12, 02:57 AM
My company keeps a pearl 3rd gen ESV as a company car in Denver (22s and all). I got to use it for a few days while on business a year ago. Didn't notice the seats being uncomfortable at all, but this was before I bought my 2nd gen (a month later!). The 3rd gen Escalades are a peach. They (2007) were just out of range for us earlier this year, but we may trade in a few years for one of these. Great ride and quality.

And the odds of the seat bolts lining up between platforms is worthy to bet money against.