: Problem with cue and I-phone connection?

rustybear3
10-28-12, 01:38 PM
Others on XTS forum have discuss numerous connection (bluetooth) and dropped call problems with I-phone and some Androids....any problems ATS owners?

blue_skies
10-28-12, 01:49 PM
Others on XTS forum have discuss numerous connection (bluetooth) and dropped call problems with I-phone and some Androids....any problems ATS owners?

I was told by CUE rep that IPhones should be paired using the cable connector, for now. A fix is in the works.

Android honeycomb seems stable using Bluetooth, Android icecreamsandwich suffers from similar problems. I have not have had dropped calls, but random Bluetooth connect/disconnect cycles. Using the USB connector sidesteps this issue as well.

Pandora is another issue. I have had it working, but then it stops and does not want to restart. Easier to login on phone and stream over Bluetooth.

If you plug in though, your Android phone works as another USB device, and you can play high def music from phone.

rustybear3
10-28-12, 02:14 PM
Wow...that's pretty inconvenient....sort of defeats the whole idea behind blue tooth and cue....even my Chevy work car utilizes blue tooth connection with my phone...how could they NOT solve this before releasing cue in Cadillac?.....amazing!

The Tony Show
10-29-12, 09:24 AM
Because there are thousands of combinations of phones and operating systems to account for, each with their own quirks. Then iOS 6 came out after the CUE system released, bringing all new problems with Bluetooth and Wifi (for everyone, not just CUE users).

Simple Bluetooth devices that do nothing but phone audio over BT are easy to design, but a system that handles contact sharing, music streaming, cover art, Pandora, phone audio, voicemail and more is more likely to run into quirks with certain combinations of device and OS firmware.

danscrim
10-29-12, 09:37 AM
I was told by CUE rep that IPhones should be paired using the cable connector, for now. A fix is in the works.

Android honeycomb seems stable using Bluetooth, Android icecreamsandwich suffers from similar problems. I have not have had dropped calls, but random Bluetooth connect/disconnect cycles. Using the USB connector sidesteps this issue as well.

Pandora is another issue. I have had it working, but then it stops and does not want to restart. Easier to login on phone and stream over Bluetooth.

If you plug in though, your Android phone works as another USB device, and you can play high def music from phone.

I'm using an Android with ICS and it's working perfectly. Connects almost immediately over bluetooth and my music, contacts, recent calls are all available. I've only tried Pandora when the phone is actually plugged in (not over bluetooth).. but that worked well from my experience.

The only downside is that you can actually only have 1 device connected to bluetooth at once. So when my girlfriend gets in the car, her phone is already paired but to play music from her device, she needs to actually go into bluetooth settings and swap the devices (which disconnects my phone). This is no problem most of time, as my iPod is connected via hard wire and my phone is connected via Bluetooth. It's just an issue when you have multiple phones in the car and want to switch devices for music.