: Black gloss dash repair?? Need help!!

Ottomatic
10-28-12, 10:21 AM
So I took my 12 cts-v in to the dealer yesterday to get my snow tires put on and I got the car back in very bad shape. When they where cleaning the inside of the car they must have sprayed some sort of chemical on the glossy black part of the dash and now I have what looks like hard shiny gritty goo all over the dash!! Is there anyway to clean this off and if not how much will it cost to replace the back gloss part of the dash??? Thanks for the help!!

larry arizona
10-28-12, 11:15 AM
yeah take it back to your dealer and tell them to clean that shit off or replace the trim. i would do that before they deny they did it and blame you for putting the wrong chemical on it.

dennych
10-28-12, 09:11 PM
seriously... I'm surprised you aren't back there telling them to fix it right now.

Trapspeed
10-28-12, 10:40 PM
So I took my 12 cts-v in to the dealer yesterday to get my snow tires put on and I got the car back in very bad shape. When they where cleaning the inside of the car they must have sprayed some sort of chemical on the glossy black part of the dash and now I have what looks like hard shiny gritty goo all over the dash!! Is there anyway to clean this off and if not how much will it cost to replace the back gloss part of the dash??? Thanks for the help!!

I agree with the others. I'd be demanding new pieces. That's just B.S. plain and simple.

cdog533
10-29-12, 12:38 PM
Try regular car wax or a polish (like Meguiars 205). Or Klasse All-in-One.

Ottomatic
10-30-12, 11:55 AM
I have talked to the dealer and they are saying they didn't do it but are trying to help, we will see where this goes!!

dennych
10-30-12, 12:19 PM
I have talked to the dealer and they are saying they didn't do it but are trying to help, we will see where this goes!!

How confident are you that they did it? If it wasn't there before you dropped it off I don't see how it would magically appear when you pick it up.

Trapspeed
10-30-12, 01:38 PM

Yes, because so many people are standing in line waiting to assume their responsibility these days. Whatever. Tell them the car is brand new, the damage is new, and to fix it. It's BS that people even have to fight like this but it is what it is.

MReiland
10-30-12, 05:23 PM
I have had good luck on the Onyx trim with Meguiars Scratch X in some of the demo vehicles I used to drive that were absolutely destroyed from all the different drivers.