: Announcing A New Vendor to the CTS-V Fold!

soon to V
10-28-12, 01:07 AM
Iíve designed two front Splitter designs for my own V and have been selling them by word of mouth/ebay Ė keeping it low key (since its just a hobby for me).

As such, Iím now letting my V forum friends know that Iíve found a supplier who can make these in small lots, and with great quality. So I now have both versions in various finishes in stock. One (Chin Splitter) blends the gap in the center front and uses the stock side splitters, and another (Full Splitter) comes with my own Wing Splitters to make a 3 piece design with a more aggressive track like appearance (which also makes some additional down force).

Each Splitter is accurately machined out of Hi Density Plastic Foam for strength and light weight characteristics. Everything is made locally and checked for quality before shipping.

Iíve made a site to show and sell, and frankly, you can skip all of the below if you go to the site: V2VDesigns.net

Below are some additional details:

Full 3 Piece Splitter ē For cleaner lines and a more aggressive look
Upgrade your CTS-V with this 3 piece Full Splitter that goes across the lower front of your V for cleaner lines and a track ready look. Designed to be easy to install yet also easy to take off and put back in stock form. This includes my Chin Splitter and also my Wing Splitters (also sold separately). When used together (Chin and Wings as sold here) they make a more aggressive appearance than just the Chin Splitter alone (which is sold by itself for use with the stock side splitters if you chose).
These are reproduction copies that I made for my own CTS-V and it comes with complete step-by-step instructions such that most can install it in your own garage. It comes with a mounting template and all the hardware necessary. The only tools required are a drill, a screwdriver, and a small deep well socket - although a Dremel cutter makes the job a little faster.

Installation requires drilling out 2 small squares in your thin plastic bottom plane. These are in addition to the 2 square cutouts that already exist in the bottom plane, so the install uses some of the locations for the front underlip (trim piece) that are already there. The Chin Splitter has been designed to use this underlip as part of this design, but on top of the Chin Splitter. And again, donít worry, as this all can be reused and reinstalled back to original without any issue.

This Chin and Wing Splitter is made of high density plastic foam which makes it very strong and light weight. Itís easy to paint or wrap as you chose. Its also easy to repair yourself if it gets damaged. Chose between UNPRIMED, PRIMED, OR CARBON FIBER WRAPPED (You may also decide to wrap all the parts with carbon fiber vinyl wrap yourself). Note I also wrapped the lower part of my car (see picture) and can be done so by yourself or your local detailing shop. The picture mounted on the car is wrapped in 3M Di-Noc gloss black carbon fiber (this is the only wrapping version I provide).

I have no doubt this appearance mod also creates some additional down-force, and its been strength tested on my car for a year (and also on-track at up to 140 mph), but the reason I did it was for an enhanced and tasteful appearance upgrade.

Chin Splitter ē For cleaner lines across the lower front gap

Upgrade your CTS-V with this neat little 1 piece Chin Splitter that goes across the lower long splitter gap in the front of your V. Designed to be easy to install yet also easy to take off and put back in stock form.

This is a reproduction copy of a Chin Splitter I made for my own CTS-V and it comes with complete step-by-step instructions such that most can install it right in your garage. It comes with a mounting template and all the hardware necessary. The only tools required are a drill and a screwdriver, although a Dremel cutter makes the job a little faster. Note this Chin Splitter is the same piece as used in my full splitter design except that it uses a different set of mounting holes already included in this part. This allows the part to be used with your stock side splitters, or upgrade later to my Wing Splitters if you decide to buy those down the road.

Installation requires drilling out 2 small squares in your thin plastic bottom plane. These are in addition to the 2 square cutouts that exist in the bottom plane, so the install uses some of the locations for the front underlip (trim piece) that are already there. The Chin Splitter has been designed to use this underlip as part of this design, but on top of the Chin Splitter. And again, donít worry, as this all can be reused and reinstalled back to original without any issue.

This Chin Splitter is made of high density plastic foam which makes it very strong and light weight. Itís easy to paint or wrap as you chose. Its also easy to repair yourself if it gets damaged. Chose between UNPRIMED, PRIMED, OR CARBON FIBER WRAPPED. Note I also wrapped the lower part of my car (see picture) and can be done so by yourself or your local detailing shop. Itís recommended that you also remove your two left and right outside lower stock splitter pieces and paint them whatever color you desire. Note the existing stock side splitter pieces have a texture to them. I painted my 3 Splitter pieces gloss black metallic and carbon fiber foil wrapped my underlip with extra glossy wrap (see picture). You may decide to wrap all the parts as the last picture shows.
I expect this appearance mod also creates some additional down-force, and its been strength tested on my car for a year (and also on-track at up to 140 mph), but the reason I did it was for an enhanced and tasteful appearance upgrade.

Thanks for the look!