: Software updates for my 2013 XTS

Engelman
10-27-12, 05:58 PM
I am at 700 miles on my XTS Platinum with AWD. So far I am very happy with the car. I was informed by my dealer, Lindsay Cadillac of Alexandria, Va., that my XTS needed some software updates. I was told by my service advisor, that these were, of course, all covered by warranty, would take about 4 hrs, and they would have a new Cadillac loaner available for me. I had my choice of a 2013 CTS or SRX, I chose the CTS......

Here is what it says on the invoice....

PERFORM WORLD CLASS VISUAL MULTI-POINT VEHICLE INSPECTION 90097 IGP

CAMPAIGN 12229 V2653 PROGRAMMED AND SET UP INSTRUMENT PANEL CLUSTER : WARRANTY CODES 6059D & S23C7

CAMPAIGN 12187 V2646 AUTOMATIC CRASH RESPONSE REPROGRAM SDM

628 CAMPAIGN 12187 PROGRAMMED AND SET UP INFLATABLE RESTRAINT MODULE : WARRANTY CODES 582CB & FD32F

CAMPAIGN 12230 V2654 INSPECTED REAR HEADLINER MAGNET - NO FUTHER ACTION REQUIRED

PERFORM COMPLIMENTARY CAR WASH & DETAIL FOR CUSTOMER

The work was completed within 4 hours as promised. I was presented with a boxed, complimentary metal key chain w/ a Cadillac logo........along with the IPAD you receive when you buy the car, I have been given a 12 Ct. Gold Cross pen with a Cadillac logo on the clip, another pen and pencil set at the dinner for new owners, along with a tote bag from the service dept w/ a spill proof coffee cup cold drink cup,and lighted key ring, 2 very nice, metal, key chains w Cadillac logo from my sales representative, and, now, this key chain......what next, a set of crystal glassses.....LOL I must say that this dealership is very concerned with customer satisfaction.......

cblove
10-27-12, 10:31 PM
I had the crash response done.

thebigjimsho
10-28-12, 11:37 PM
You have a good one. I've traveled 500 miles to Lindsay for service. And Luke in parts is all you'll ever need...

ddawson
10-29-12, 09:44 AM
Luke is definitely the best.

Cadillac Tony
10-30-12, 10:32 AM
The Lindsay guys are awesome.

There have been several software updates for the CUE system since launch, mostly for small adjustments (like Navigation routing logic). Most dealers will automatically update the software when you go in for routine service such as an oil change, but it's always good to ask them to check the software version while you're there.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the car! :)