: Need help with new sound system!

Chobes13
10-27-12, 11:54 AM
Okay, I just want to start off by saying I have been using these forums for a while and just now decided to join!:) but anyway, I have a 2001 Cadillac catera (50k miles) with the Bose sound system. I want to hook up a new sound system. I've been looking and found an ideal system for me. Here's the link, http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_39293_1600W-Kenwood-Autotek-Bass-Package.html?from=857 . Anyway, I want to know 2 things. 1, will I need to get a new stereo (I really like the Stock stereo though). And 2, if I hook up this system, will I need new speakers? I think I read somewhere the speakers won't play without the stock stereo. Please help! :)

albinomexi
03-01-13, 01:31 PM
I've done the whole system in my 98 cat. You're going to have to use an aftermarket amp

kaustein
03-01-13, 09:16 PM
If it isn't broken, don't fix it. Assuming your Bose is working, it isn't worth stealing by anyone, can't say that with an aftermarket one.

MoistCabbage
03-01-13, 11:47 PM
You don't have to change anything with the stock stereo, just to add subs.

On the other hand, 2 subs is too much bass for the stock system. One 12" is more than enough to overpower it.

If you want to change the speakers, or add amps, you'll need to start from scratch, and re wire the entire system.