: Doors Lock Problem, Doors Locked While Doors Open

mjames33
10-27-12, 10:56 AM
I have a 2000 Cadillac escalade and I can't get the driver and passenger doors to unlock. They locked while the doors were open, so now the doors will not close. The lock opening is closed, or again, in the locked position. I can't even drive the truck to an auto body shop since I can't get the doors to close. I have tried to actually use the key to unlock the doors, but nothing happens. The driverís side key port will not even turn. I have also used every unlock method to include the remote and the door lock switch inside the truck. All the other doors unlock, but the front two will not. Before I completely tear the door apart I decided to do some research and came across this forum. I hope I am not posting in the wrong section or posting incorrectly, if so I apologize. I am just extremely frustrated with this issue. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

the cadillac man
10-27-12, 01:39 PM
I have a 2000 Cadillac escalade and I can't get the driver and passenger doors to unlock. They locked while the doors were open, so now the doors will not close. The lock opening is closed, or again, in the locked position. I can't even drive the truck to an auto body shop since I can't get the doors to close. I have tried to actually use the key to unlock the doors, but nothing happens. The driver’s side key port will not even turn. I have also used every unlock method to include the remote and the door lock switch inside the truck. All the other doors unlock, but the front two will not. Before I completely tear the door apart I decided to do some research and came across this forum. I hope I am not posting in the wrong section or posting incorrectly, if so I apologize. I am just extremely frustrated with this issue. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Are you hearing the lock actuator working in the front doors(most times if the front driver door don't work it can make the others act up)

Try to see if you can unlock the doors manually from the inside.