: K&N Air Filter

DG2
10-27-12, 09:48 AM
Just put a K&N air filter in my 2011 Escalade and must say I notice a little more pep from a standing start. Not that the Escalade needed more power but I always used K&N in my motorcycles and thought I would try in the Caddy. If anyone else had used in yours did you notice an odor ?

hcvone
10-27-12, 03:46 PM
I use the competitors (afe) dry cotton filters in my Escalade's, but have K&N's in the ctsv's, you get a smell for sure from the K&N's

K9Caddy
10-27-12, 04:02 PM
An odor?? What are you talking about? I've used K&N filters in all my vehicles, have never noticed any smell? Is it sucking this smell through the ventilation or what exactly do you mean?? I guess my sniffer isn't as sensitive...

DG2
10-27-12, 07:56 PM
An odor?? What are you talking about? I've used K&N filters in all my vehicles, have never noticed any smell? Is it sucking this smell through the ventilation or what exactly do you mean?? I guess my sniffer isn't as sensitive...

There was a slight odor inside the cabin but it is now fading. Must be the oil on the filter.

Mark Edward Morrison
10-27-12, 08:47 PM
Can you REALLY tell that much as far as performance goes with he K&N cold air intake? I am thinking of getting one for my Escalade but am not going to if there is not that much difference between it and the factory set up.

Redpost
10-27-12, 10:08 PM
When evaluating the potential performance gains from items like cold air intake systems and low-restriction air filters, it is helpful to review the manufacturer's own performance curves that compare their products to the stock items. In many cases the performance gains are realized in an RPM range that is outside (much higher than) the range of street driving. So just be aware of where the performance gains are realized.

DG2
10-28-12, 01:00 AM
I only had in for a day now but it does seem to be "slightly" more peppy of the line. Not that the 400 hp V8 Escalade needs it, it's a beast as is !!