: Proform GM HEI Distributor Tune-Up Kit

bluegrill
10-27-12, 06:07 AM
Does anyone have an opinion about thus kit. It seems like a good value if the quality is good.

deVille33
10-27-12, 10:11 AM
Pro-Form is a secondary distributor of aftermarket auto parts. Without knowing what the kit is comprised of, I can not asertain it's value towards enhancing your distributor. Does it contain electronic parts or is it a selection of weights and springs?

As far as your HEI is concerned, make sure the centrificals are working properly along with your vacuum advance can.

bluegrill
10-27-12, 10:35 AM
Sorry I meant to include a link to the product. It includes:

Adjustable Vacuum Advance Unit
Advance Spring And Weight Set
And Mounting Hardware
Contains High Power 50000 Volt HEI Coil
HEI Bushing; Wire Harness And Capacitor
High Performance Low-Saturation Control Module
No Arc Rotor; Coil Dust Cover and Alkyd Cap

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_gm-hei-distributor-tune-up-kit-red-cap-proform_22740098-p#fragment-2

steelybill
10-27-12, 03:30 PM
The price looks good, for what parts are included. I see that the cap has brass terminals instead of aluminum, which is a plus for sure. And the new wire harness is a good item too...

cadillac_al
10-28-12, 10:16 AM
It looks like a decent kit to me. I usually buy complete distributors for less than that, but they don't make them for Caddys. (last time I checked)

70eldo
05-30-13, 09:27 AM
The main advantage is that you will no longer need point adjustment for the distributor!
It will not give you any performance gain.

GM_Parts_Guy
05-31-13, 10:10 PM
I personally have used the Pro-Form dist rebuild kits. For stock replacement applications I haven't had a single issue. Pro-Form also makes some other products that I have used and been impressed with. If looking for top of the line or a performance application I would look to MSD Ignition Systems. They make dang good products and I run their stuff on all my preformance vehicles.

GM_Parts_Guy
05-31-13, 10:21 PM
I personally have used the Pro-Form dist rebuild kits. For stock replacement applications I haven't had a single issue. Pro-Form also makes some other products that I have used and been impressed with. If looking for top of the line or a performance application I would look to MSD Ignition Systems. They make dang good products and I run their stuff on all my preformance vehicles.