: Magna Charged 2012 EXT

sprink60
10-25-12, 10:52 PM
Thought you guys with the 2007 and later models would enjoy this.

I bought a set of 22' rims off my new friend here in West Palm who has modified his 2012 EXT extensively!! I bought his rims so he could install a new set of Lexani 24" Rims. He has put a Comp Cams roller and rocker arm upgrade on his 6.2 along with headers and custom exhaust. He topped it off with the Magna Charger blower and is pumping about 750 horse with 12 psi boost. He sent the transmission out to Texas and had it modified to handle 1000 HP.

This is one Bad A$$ EXT!! When it starts and runs it sounds stock...but when you stand on it...look out. He said it runs past 150 on the top pulling hard all the way!!

He also put Brembo brakes and rotors all around to stop this freight train!!

jlawsonz
10-26-12, 04:22 PM
I'd like more info on sending the tranny to Texas. What was done to handle the load, who did the work and how much?

I am pre-planning some upgrades after my relocation to an area that does not have emission requirements. The transmission is an early upgrade I need to make.

sdgc
10-26-12, 06:13 PM
Out of curiosity... what is the rating for the current tranny? did he need a cooling upgrade as well?

sprink60
10-27-12, 05:48 AM
I will call my friend and ask...will report back. He told me who he sent it to but I forgot...sorry. Seems like it was an outfit in Dallas but I will find out for sure.

I am thinking the OEM rating of the transmission is decent but this guy wisely didn't want to risk it....you don't build one of these things up to baby it.

toygar
10-27-12, 03:24 PM
with that much hp i think one needs to beef up the rear end as well

sprink60
10-27-12, 05:35 PM
OK...spoke with my friend and the transmission modifications were performed by Century Transmission Service in Richmond, TX. http://www.centurytransmission.com/. With freight and the inclusion of a 2700 RPM stall converter he spent around $4700. Normally there is a ten day turn around on this service but he experienced a bit of delay waiting on the main shaft being heat treated and hardened in California. We spoke about the next weak link and figure it may be the transfer case (AWD) or Front and Rear differentials. This vehicle isn't used as a drag racer and is seldom launched as such. It is used as a daily driver.

I will testify to this fact...I have owned some fast cars...LS6 Chevelle SS 454, Lingenfelder Corvette, '67 427 L88 'vette to name a few. This EXT as modified is on par with any of the aforementioned Muscle Cars and because it's AWD it probably launches better than most. It is a real blast to drive and pulls hard way past the low triple digit range.

If Cadillac built a high performance version of the Escalade it would be very close to this.

Redpost
10-27-12, 09:24 PM
Greg Ducato at Phoenix Transmission in Weatherford, Texas is also a very knowledgeable person on high performance transmission applications. He is a regular contributor of tech info on another internet forum, and knows how to modify transmissions to suit supercharger applications, rear gear changes and computer tunes.

His web site:

http://www.phoenixtrans.com/

latrae75
10-29-12, 11:43 PM
OK...spoke with my friend and the transmission modifications were performed by Century Transmission Service in Richmond, TX. http://www.centurytransmission.com/. With freight and the inclusion of a 2700 RPM stall converter he spent around $4700. Normally there is a ten day turn around on this service but he experienced a bit of delay waiting on the main shaft being heat treated and hardened in California. We spoke about the next weak link and figure it may be the transfer case (AWD) or Front and Rear differentials. This vehicle isn't used as a drag racer and is seldom launched as such. It is used as a daily driver.

I will testify to this fact...I have owned some fast cars...LS6 Chevelle SS 454, Lingenfelder Corvette, '67 427 L88 'vette to name a few. This EXT as modified is on par with any of the aforementioned Muscle Cars and because it's AWD it probably launches better than most. It is a real blast to drive and pulls hard way past the low triple digit range.

If Cadillac built a high performance version of the Escalade it would be very close to this.

I think Cadillac has already recently started offering a factory tuned Escalade. It's known as the SLP version, with various tunes and modifications from non-supercharged, mild supercharged, & high boost supercharged. Look it up, I think you can even order one from your local Caddy dealer. Street Legal Performance (SLP). If I'm not mistaken, this factory tuner has modified many Camaros and Trans Ams for GM in the past.

turbocobra
11-03-12, 11:40 PM
Thought you guys with the 2007 and later models would enjoy this.

I bought a set of 22' rims off my new friend here in West Palm who has modified his 2012 EXT extensively!! I bought his rims so he could install a new set of Lexani 24" Rims. He has put a Comp Cams roller and rocker arm upgrade on his 6.2 along with headers and custom exhaust. He topped it off with the Magna Charger blower and is pumping about 750 horse with 12 psi boost. He sent the transmission out to Texas and had it modified to handle 1000 HP.

This is one Bad A$$ EXT!! When it starts and runs it sounds stock...but when you stand on it...look out. He said it runs past 150 on the top pulling hard all the way!!

He also put Brembo brakes and rotors all around to stop this freight train!!

If your friend's Escalade is truly making 750 hp it's over 100 hp more than any I have ever seen. I know manga charger and whipple are claiming 600 flywheel hp but many customer after installing and tuning are seeing much less than 600 hp. This is why I went with a turbo kit. I know you will get a little help with the cam but the L92's come with a strong cam stock and I have been told by many knowledgeable people to save my money on a new cam and spend it somewhere else. Springs are a must bc of valve float with boost and that's why my turbo kit came with new springs too.

Does he have a Dyno he could post? Also, was the 750 on the 24's? Does he have a track time? Just curious bc we have not touched my wife's '12 Escalade and if manga charger is able to put down those numbers then I might save myself some money and go that route on hers when we get ready to upgrade the performance. Thanks!

SleeperCTSV
11-04-12, 09:35 AM
I previously had a G8 (LS3 engine), Magnacharger TVS 1900 6psi, intake, headers, mild cam that made about 490 rwhp ~ 600 crank.

With a more aggressive cam, higher boost (pulley swap), and better fuel supply 750 crank would not be difficult at all.

The guys with the CTSV's are doing it all the time. It is common to see 600-650 rwhp.

Food for thought. ;)