: does 2012 srx have vacuum assisted power brakes?

woodytwo
10-25-12, 08:01 PM
I have just purchased 2012 SRX AWD (new) with the low end luxury package. Checked with Service manager as to whether or not this vehicle has vacuum assist power brakes. Answer was "I don't know". Have a call into GM customer service but it is 2 days now without as reply. I want to install an auxillary braking systems in SRX so that I can tow behind a Motor home and need to know this info. Help please:confused:

redvett94
10-26-12, 12:57 PM
Easy way to find out is to start engine and let it run for a minute then shut off engine apply brakes 4-5 times and you should have no assist when vacuum is gone. Pedal should be hard to push.

GreaseMonkey
10-26-12, 01:18 PM
Yes, it does. The fact that a service manager can't answer that question within 5 seconds is absolutely pathetic.

woodytwo
10-27-12, 12:10 PM
GM Customer Service got back to me late yesterday. Apoligized for the delay. "Yes, my SRX does have vacuum assisted brakes." This make me a happy man. I can now install the braking sytem that I got along with my M/H purchase. It's a "Unified Tow Brake" system that seems to get excellent reviews.:thumbsup:

Likely
10-28-12, 12:50 AM
woodytwo....

Towing an srx with all wheel drive is not to good...I would check it out with GM before you do that.....this could cause some warranty issues i would think.....

beachcad
10-29-12, 09:58 AM
deleted...misread post

newlee
10-29-12, 11:12 PM
No problem towing 4 down
All wheel drive can not be towed on a dolly
If you are installing an aux breaking system sounds like you are going 4 down