: 2007 Escalade - CPO Warranty cover 22" chrome rims - all 4 leaking air!

timetofly
10-25-12, 04:03 PM
Thanks for any help!

I have a 2007 Escalade with 35k miles in mint condition in Florida. I purchased the certified CPO GM warranty for extended warranty coverage that expires soon. The 22" upgraded Cadillac rims all leak air which I see is a common problem with them. The back lose about 1 to 2 lbs per day and the front about 4 lbs per day.
I have seen mixed answers about this but does anyone know if this is a covered item under warranty? This appears to be an obvious flaw on these rims that I feel should be fixed. The rims are mint, driven in Florida with no corrosion, dings or issues and have the original tires.
I called the dealer and was told it was not covered but for 300 they would sand and put some bead on them to try to fix them but I dont feel I should have to pay a dime. I have seen others say it is fully covered with CPO and even some who got all 4 rims replaced.

If there is any GM administrative contact or anything I can do to get this covered I would appreciate it. My warranty expires in a couple of weeks.

Thanks

hcvone
10-25-12, 05:10 PM
Not sure if it's covered or not, we have seen some wheel leak almost from new, and then we have customers with 250k miles and still the stock wheels and no problems, I have never had a leaking wheel, many bad chrome plating replacements, nad they were on brand new trucks:( There is an 800 number in your owners manual, and there should be a number for the extended warranty with the warranty

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-26-12, 12:27 PM
Timetofly, I'm happy to look into this further for you, if you would like! Please send me the last eight of your VIN via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and I can investigate. I do not work this weekend, but I will definitely check to see if you emailed me when I return to the office Monday morning. Or, if you'd prefer immediate phone assistance, my Cadillac Customer Assistance phone hotline counterparts are available at 800-458-8006, Mon to Sat, 8am to 9pm ET.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service