: Offin 4 hours to possibly purchase a new 2012 Srx luxury but...

SrxNamja
10-25-12, 01:03 PM
it not might happen because of a $1500 difference.. Are there any other promotional or rebates that the dealer isnt telling me about that I might be able to get in. I've been back and forth and about losing my mind here :worship:

----------

I was reading about a GM friends discount they give out on another forum but idk if that is still going on. I'd rather not register on another forum to just ask that as it seems rude so is anything like that available?

johnfi01760
10-25-12, 05:37 PM
I would say check around at other dealerships in your area on their websites. I see discounts on 2012 SRXs in my area from 2-4K in discounts that are at the dealer level. I just picked up a new 2012 SRX Premium last week and my dealer was offering 4,000 off MSRP on their website.

I get the GM Supplier Discount and it shows -2,500 or 0% and -500. Fortunately for me I did pretty well I think by using GM Supplier and an additional -$4,500 off as a 2012 dealer incentive and what they told me was an incentive for European car owners (traded in a BMW X5). Good luck!

SrxNamja
10-26-12, 12:39 PM
Thanks for your reply. I ended up trading in my 11 and got the black ice 2012 with 6000k off and also agreed to install the fogs for 280$ flat so in essence I got the best deal compared to the all the other dealers wanting around $10k+ for the trade on a new vehicle and me not losing out too much on the 2011 that had 20k miles on it

300:29:1
10-27-12, 10:41 AM
I would say check around at other dealerships in your area on their websites. I see discounts on 2012 SRXs in my area from 2-4K in discounts that are at the dealer level. I just picked up a new 2012 SRX Premium last week and my dealer was offering 4,000 off MSRP on their website.

I get the GM Supplier Discount and it shows -2,500 or 0% and -500. Fortunately for me I did pretty well I think by using GM Supplier and an additional -$4,500 off as a 2012 dealer incentive and what they told me was an incentive for European car owners (traded in a BMW X5). Good luck!

Just curious, why did you get rid of the X5?

johnfi01760
10-27-12, 03:18 PM
Good question. Well it had 105K miles on it and while it was a pleasure to drive from a comfort, handling and responsiveness the annoying little things such as problems and maintenance costs is what pushed me away from BMW. Once the car hit 50K miles it had lots of little service issues that all carried a premium cost since it was a BMW. For example rear tail lights had seal issues and allowed water in them; cost of ~460 per light and I needed both. I put up a stink at the dealer saying it was a defective part and they said I was out of warrant, which was true but it was only on a 3 year old car. After I complained again they told me BMW would cover half the cost that was better than nothing. This BMW paying for 50% seemed to be the thing for several items but on a car that was only 3-4 years old. These things added up overtime but more than the $ they just annoyed me to the point I didn’t want another BMW. I also wasn’t looking for something as big and wasn’t like many other BMW drivers needing the name for the prestige. I think a BMW is manufactured at a premium to drive for 50K or less and after that point trade it in and get another. I typically drive my cars to the 100K mark and needed something that is comfortable, fun to drive and I can cost justify to myself. We will see if the SRX lives up to that.

GeeVee
10-27-12, 09:09 PM
Test drove a 2012 SRX yesterday and it sure felt nice to have the 3.6 engine in it. I know it should have been the engine back in 2010 but I will give Cadillac half marks that they finally righted a wrong. The discounts that they are offering are making it very difficult to say no to

SrxNamja
10-27-12, 11:20 PM
Test drove a 2012 SRX yesterday and it sure felt nice to have the 3.6 engine in it. I know it should have been the engine back in 2010 but I will give Cadillac half marks that they finally righted a wrong. The discounts that they are offering are making it very difficult to say no to

The only other thing they should have done is at least have standard hid and foglights considering its a 35k car/ I mean even a lot of non-luxury cars below 25k have them.

----------

The only other thing they should have done is at least have standard hid and foglights considering its a 35k car/ I mean even a lot of non-luxury cars below 25k have them.

GeeVee
10-28-12, 12:48 AM
I have to disagree with you SrxNamja. A car`s engine is a big, major part of the car and by extension the car driving experience. Further in a luxury vehicle it is not too much to ask for a car that delivers good performance and gas mileage. Most of us on this forum don`t feel that way about the 3L engine. Even the optional 2.8L turbo had mixed reviews.The 3.6L is the right engine for the car and has had good acceptance on this forum. The proof is always in the pudding

300:29:1
10-29-12, 03:28 PM
Good question. Well it had 105K miles on it and while it was a pleasure to drive from a comfort, handling and responsiveness the annoying little things such as problems and maintenance costs is what pushed me away from BMW. Once the car hit 50K miles it had lots of little service issues that all carried a premium cost since it was a BMW. For example rear tail lights had seal issues and allowed water in them; cost of ~460 per light and I needed both. I put up a stink at the dealer saying it was a defective part and they said I was out of warrant, which was true but it was only on a 3 year old car. After I complained again they told me BMW would cover half the cost that was better than nothing. This BMW paying for 50% seemed to be the thing for several items but on a car that was only 3-4 years old. These things added up overtime but more than the $ they just annoyed me to the point I didn’t want another BMW. I also wasn’t looking for something as big and wasn’t like many other BMW drivers needing the name for the prestige. I think a BMW is manufactured at a premium to drive for 50K or less and after that point trade it in and get another. I typically drive my cars to the 100K mark and needed something that is comfortable, fun to drive and I can cost justify to myself. We will see if the SRX lives up to that.

I had 2 X3 leases and bought a used 530xi. I agree that maintenance costs and issues are particularly a problem when out of warranty. They are great when they work. I miss the brand, but not the electronics.

SrxNamja
10-29-12, 07:35 PM
I have to disagree with you SrxNamja. A car`s engine is a big, major part of the car and by extension the car driving experience. Further in a luxury vehicle it is not too much to ask for a car that delivers good performance and gas mileage. Most of us on this forum don`t feel that way about the 3L engine. Even the optional 2.8L turbo had mixed reviews.The 3.6L is the right engine for the car and has had good acceptance on this forum. The proof is always in the pudding

I'm not sure I follow you GeeVee. I agreed that the 3.6 is the engine that should have been there to start with and thats part of the reason why I traded my 11' srx.[COLOR="Silver"]