: brake fluid capacity and mid-Ohio track days(and a front tire question for the track)

Trionalaw
10-25-12, 10:41 AM
I forget the comedian that has a tagline of something like "I promise I did, I really did, Randy." I am saying the same thing with regard to my search for the brake fluid capacity of my 2012 CDS-V coupe. I am assuming it is less than one liter because that appears to be the size between one pint and a 55 gallon drum. My 11-year-old daughter, Lily, and I are going to replace the brake fluid to dot4 this weekend. I purchased my brake bleeder kit.

Second, if anyone is interested in track days at mid-Ohio the first Friday, Saturday and Sunday of November, here is the site:

http://www.clubregistration.net/

It might be sponsored by Porsche Club of America. I intend to go Saturday and Sunday if my front tires pass inspection at my tire shop. They are the Michelin PS2's and have three driving schools on them. The edges are pretty worn. I apparently need to inflate the front tires even more when I am on the track.. I had run them at 37 pounds cold. Anyone have any suggestions about that tire pressure, I would also appreciate that.

Regards,

Jim

pmsteinm
10-25-12, 12:29 PM
I also couldn't find that information. But since I now use the ATE Blue and Gold fluids, it appears that the capacity is between .5L and 1L. Since the ATE comes in 1L cans, I pour about 90% of it in the power bleeder & save the rest for top-off.

Trionalaw
10-25-12, 01:34 PM
Much appreciated.

baabootoo
10-25-12, 02:23 PM
I used to run the pressures at 40-ish, but no more. I start out at 32, and they climb to about 35 or so, and I leave them there. I may have to bleed pressure off during the day, but they work fine there at Road America in downpours, and on dry courses also. If you start high, they may get too high and either wear the centers down or set off the 50 PSI alert.