: 2014 Escalade update

BEarle
10-24-12, 09:29 PM
Just read that the new silverado and Sierra will be debuted on December 13th 2012 and will be at the Detroit auto show in January. In that case it shouldn't be too long for the escalade to follow. The escalade should be at the Detroit auto show If the other GM trucks are there....

hcvone
10-25-12, 07:42 AM
Just read that the new silverado and Sierra will be debuted on December 13th 2012 and will be at the Detroit auto show in January. In that case it shouldn't be too long for the escalade to follow. The escalade should be at the Detroit auto show If the other GM trucks are there....

Saw the new C7 Corvette engine and they went to direct injection with the stock car now at 450 hp and 450 ft lbs, have not seen if the trucks will get direct injection when they first come out, I kind of think they will not, that will keep some customers coming back.

K9Caddy
10-25-12, 09:10 AM
Will NOT, or WILL?? IF they do come with direct injection in the trucks, that WILL keep the customers coming back.

hcvone
10-25-12, 09:24 AM
Will NOT, or WILL?? IF they do come with direct injection in the trucks, that WILL keep the customers coming back.

Going really have to step up to get this customer back, don't think direct injection is going to do it by itself

K9Caddy
10-25-12, 09:59 AM
I agree. However, I WILL not buy the new model unless it has direct injection and they replace the downgraded warranty to what it use to be. If things do not drastically change, my 2009 is going to be the last. I have had no interest in "upgrading" since 2009. The new model years seem like a downgrade to me or a lateral move at best. Cadillac needs to really step up their game on this one...

Poncherello
10-25-12, 12:21 PM
I fully anticiapte buying a new Escalade toward the end of the first model year..... unless of course the fleet industry moves in a different direction. I would like to see direct injection with that 8 speed tranny. I don't think you'll see the new Escalade in Detroit this year.....I'm guessing more like Chicago or Los Angeles if they don't wait for Detroit in January 2014.

ELUSIVE
10-25-12, 02:16 PM
Direct injection would be nice...but how about:

Upgraded interior components?
More storage spaces?
Comfortable seats?
REAL wood dash pieces?
A glove box that can fit more than an insurance card?

K9Caddy
10-25-12, 02:21 PM
Of course, there has to be MANY different upgrades, direct injection was just one of them. I'd be here all day making a wishlist. :)

hcvone
10-25-12, 02:32 PM

More storage spaces?
Comfortable seats?
REAL wood dash pieces?

I had to pay 9k extra for a platinum to get real wood :(,which I must say is pretty nice, platinum seats are more padded than the standard seats and the leather is nice, BUT NOWHERE NEAR AS COMFORTABLE AS THE STANDARD SEATS IN THE 02-06 ESCALADES, they should not be the same seats as the Tahoe IMO

BEarle
10-25-12, 05:02 PM
I know the 2002-2006 escapades were super comfy!

anhandrew
10-25-12, 05:52 PM
I know right. I used to own a 05 and that was nice and comfy. Also really good on gas. Got 21 mpg with trips to dallas and austin all the time.

But I recently changed all the leather seat covers to custom two tone leather seat covers and all I can tell you is that the seat is night and day difference to feel and comfort. My wife used to complain about the 07(short one) we had. Now she really enjoys the esv because the seats are soft again.

hannity
10-25-12, 07:26 PM

More storage spaces?
Comfortable seats?
REAL wood dash pieces?

Don't forget:Intelligent key, push button start, power tilt and telescopic steering wheel,independent rear suspension, rain sensing wipers, hard drive navigation system, galvanizing undercarriage, engine compartment, and frame, DOHC engine. We can only keep our fingers crossed. Led fogs or DRL would be a nice addition. I am not being funny, but what I just mentioned may be spaced out with in the next 3 to 4 generations of escalade, but I sincerely hope not.

hcvone
10-25-12, 07:27 PM
They could use better foam, makes a huge difference vs stock

ELUSIVE
10-25-12, 10:40 PM
Don't forget:Intelligent key, push button start, power tilt and telescopic steering wheel,independent rear suspension, rain sensing wipers, hard drive navigation system, galvanizing undercarriage, engine compartment, and frame, DOHC engine. We can only keep our fingers crossed. Led fogs or DRL would be a nice addition. I am not being funny, but what I just mentioned may be spaced out with in the next 3 to 4 generations of escalade, but I sincerely hope not.

Yep, all of those should be standard now on America's top of the line $80K SUV. Let's hope GM can get them in the next one.

K9Caddy
10-26-12, 05:52 AM
Lose some weight, you wouldn't need so much foam! ;)

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-26-12, 01:45 PM
I've seen a lot of great "wishlist" threads lately, so thank you to everyone for detailing what you'd like in a new Escalade! As with the similar threads about future products, I'll document the feedback officially where GM departments can view it. And feel free to direct message or email me (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) anytime if you would like me to check my resources about our future models. At this time, I unfortunately do not have any definitive info about the 2014 Escalade to provide!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

K9Caddy
10-26-12, 03:09 PM
Katie-

You're kidding, right? There are many threads on here with "wishlists" on what we want, since the 2007 inception of the new body style. The 2013 models are out and things haven't changed, besides an omission of features and items. Why would anything change?? I think its a little too late... and, I'm trying to be optimistic here.

ELUSIVE
10-26-12, 04:46 PM
As I've stated before, I love my Escalade for what it is...a rather large luxury people hauler.
BUT I must say that it absolutely sucks to have spent almost $80K on GM's top tier vehicle that comes up short on features to just about every $20K rental car that i've been in over the past few years.
I waver back and forth between loving the size and utility to EPIC fail on GMs part.

Thanks Katie for your efforts.

BEarle
10-26-12, 08:29 PM
I see what everyone means....speaking of features, gadgets and so forth, I was wondering what everyone thinks about the future of the automotive world since a lot of "low end cars" like Toyota,Honda,Kia etc getting all the latest high tech features and becoming very stylish and sleek, will people still buy "high end cars" like Cadillac,Mercedes,BMW etc? If low end cars are getting the same features as the high end cars will there be a need to spend the extra money to buy the high end cars? For example has anyone seen the new Impala? It's a gorgeous car and to me it's better looking than the Cadillac XTS and looks to have the same quality interior and so forth (I haven't seen the car in person just going by photos) but the Caddy costs thousands more. I know this seems a little off topic but was wondering what peoples thoughts are.

evois
10-26-12, 10:12 PM
it is not the features that sell cars.

MrHolland
10-27-12, 12:38 AM
^^^Nope, its the badges.

hannity
10-27-12, 09:09 AM
it is not the features that sell cars.

You are right, but the reason why is pretty simple. If you buy a 18,000 Toyota or Nissan, it will have pretty much the latest in technology. They will only advertise something if it is a new technology, then you will have to decide if you want it. Unless it is standard, like on the 2014 Altima you can put in air in the tire and the car will beep to tell you that the correct tire pressure has been reached. It works with the standard TMS. They won't have to advertise that for long, within the next 3 to 4 years it probably will be standard on all foreign cars and perhaps Fords. If you buy a high end Lexus, Range Rover,Audi or Mercedes you can pretty much bet all features including some incredible luxury features will be standard. And if they don't have it there are very expensive packages that will guarantee you need for nothing if you add them to the car. Where as it comes to cadillac, then we have to look and see what it does not have. I never researched mine. I was under the impression that a $75,000 vehicle would certainly have at least the standard features that a 15,000 rent a car has. If you own a 2007 escalade and up then you know like I know that it does not.

So when people look at cars they don't look at the features if you are buying an import cause it will have it. If you want to buy an escalade you will have to look and see what it does not have. An expensive lesson I have learned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUf7m1bySaE

DG2
10-27-12, 02:18 PM
Your buying style , performance , comfort and sure the tech features are a given. The new CUE system, Onstsr , satellite radio , heated cooked seats, heated steering wheel, remote start plus Onstsr app remote that you can start from the runway sitting on a plane, magmatic ride control, etc etc. Escalade had it all but is the King when it comes to style. When another one passes me I admire it. That type of "wow " factor is unmatched by anything else in this segment.

hcvone
10-27-12, 02:34 PM
You are right, but the reason why is pretty simple. If you buy a 18,000 Toyota or Nissan, it will have pretty much the latest in technology. They will only advertise something if it is a new technology, then you will have to decide if you want it. Unless it is standard, like on the 2014 Altima you can put in air in the tire and the car will beep to tell you that the correct tire pressure has been reached. It works with the standard TMS. They won't have to advertise that for long, within the next 3 to 4 years it probably will be standard on all foreign cars and perhaps Fords. If you buy a high end Lexus, Range Rover,Audi or Mercedes you can pretty much bet all features including some incredible luxury features will be standard. And if they don't have it there are very expensive packages that will guarantee you need for nothing if you add them to the car. Where as it comes to cadillac, then we have to look and see what it does not have. I never researched mine. I was under the impression that a $75,000 vehicle would certainly have at least the standard features that a 15,000 rent a car has. If you own a 2007 escalade and up then you know like I know that it does not.

So when people look at cars they don't look at the features if you are buying an import cause it will have it. If you want to buy an escalade you will have to look and see what it does not have. An expensive lesson I have learned.

Not really true, I had to spend an extra 11k on options on my GL550 to have everything my Escalade's have, and on my GL63 it is 37k in options, of course I guess I could have lived without the custom interior, but I figured with 570 plus hp stock it had to be nice. ;)

BEarle
10-27-12, 05:20 PM
Your buying style , performance , comfort and sure the tech features are a given. The new CUE system, Onstsr , satellite radio , heated cooked seats, heated steering wheel, remote start plus Onstsr app remote that you can start from the runway sitting on a plane, magmatic ride control, etc etc. Escalade had it all but is the King when it comes to style. When another one passes me I admire it. That type of "wow " factor is unmatched by anything else in this segment.

Well said. Even if other cars have are more advanced in the tech department there is still something special about the escalade even with the body style being 5 years old it still has presence.

----------

They came out with a GL63? I heard rumors but didn't think they would come out with it.

hannity
10-27-12, 05:57 PM
When another one passes me I admire it.

I hear you, not being funny, but whenever I see one or a tahoe I am reminded of what I went through. If the quality was as good as the way it looks it would have been a different story for me.

DG2
10-28-12, 12:08 AM
I hear you, not being funny, but whenever I see one or a tahoe I am reminded of what I went through. If the quality was as good as the way it looks it would have been a different story for me.

My Escalade has 25,000 on it and we owned for 14 months now. It is by far thee most dependable car/SUV I have ever owned. Not one thing has ever gone wrong. Nothing. It's the only car that had zero items during first year of ownership. There is something to be said for a proven design and since you are admiring them as well now is a great time to go buy one. You'll love it.

MrHolland
10-28-12, 12:24 AM
Please do some brand research before purchasing, especially a big ticket item such as this. From time to time people make large purchases without actually knowing what they are getting into and end up being unhappy. The Cadillac Escalade is truly a beautiful automobile. As with other brands, be it TVs, tires or cars, it does have some problems. That said, I am very happy with my Escalade and would recommend it to anyone admiring them.

evois
10-28-12, 02:38 AM

I actually prefer the standard equipment of my escalade hybrid(which actually came with a lot of things) vs my range rover sport. the nav, hands down the caddy is better. dvd and stereo equipment, is a toss up. the only thing it has going vs my hybrid is the adjustable air suspension and the standard leather. reliability? I will give it to my hybrid.

BEarle
10-28-12, 09:38 AM
To me there are only certain cars out there that make a statement and the escalade is one of them. To me a escalade is in the same category as Porsche 911,Corvette,Ferrari etc. for status and statement. When you see a escalade you know it's a escalade, same for the cars I just listed. If you pull up at a valet and there is a 7 series Beamer or a Audi A8 the Escalade makes more of a statement even if those cost a little more. I was at a restaurant in Boston a few weekends back and there were a lot 7 series and so on in the valet lot and a Mercedes S63 and when the valet guy gave me my escalade at the end of the night he said "just to let you know, the guys and I declared you the winner for the best car in the lot tonight" there's something about escalades people love.

hannity
10-28-12, 09:38 AM
My Escalade has 25,000 on it and we owned for 14 months now. It is by far thee most dependable car/SUV I have ever owned. Not one thing has ever gone wrong. Nothing. It's the only car that had zero items during first year of ownership. There is something to be said for a proven design and since you are admiring them as well now is a great time to go buy one. You'll love it.

DG2
10-28-12, 02:34 PM

What do you drive now ?

BEarle
10-28-12, 04:22 PM
Automobile magazine has new photos of the escalade testing and if you zoom in close the whole front end looks just like the ATS. The headlights, bumper the whole front fascia.

K9Caddy
10-28-12, 04:26 PM
Links?? Nevermind, I guess I found it:

http://rumors.automobilemag.com/caught-2014-cadillac-escalade-continues-testing-179573.html

Looks pretty similar to the Platinum grille? Who knows, I'm sure we'll see some real pics soon enough.

MrHolland
10-28-12, 04:51 PM
Please forgive me for saying this, but in all the camouflage, when I see it, my first thought is Ford. I know, I'm sorry, its blasphemy!!!!

DG2
10-28-12, 09:07 PM
Please forgive me for saying this, but in all the camouflage, when I see it, my first thought is Ford. I know, I'm sorry, its blasphemy!!!!

Thats because Fords really look like a car in camouflage. Lol

hannity
10-29-12, 11:27 AM
Links?? Nevermind, I guess I found it:

http://rumors.automobilemag.com/caught-2014-cadillac-escalade-continues-testing-179573.html

Looks pretty similar to the Platinum grille? Who knows, I'm sure we'll see some real pics soon enough.

Good find, almost looks like the current model though. Lights do look different.

BEarle
10-31-12, 06:55 PM
Anyone read the Cadillac news thread at all?

http://m.autoblog.com/2012/10/31/gms-reuss-next-cadillac-escalade-to-be-much-less-ostentatious/?post=1&icid=autoblog_river_article

hannity
10-31-12, 09:54 PM
Anyone read the Cadillac news thread at all?

http://m.autoblog.com/2012/10/31/gms-reuss-next-cadillac-escalade-to-be-much-less-ostentatious/?post=1&icid=autoblog_river_article

I guess warranty replacement on those cheaply plated chrome wheels cut heavily into profit. So what they are saying is, if you want chrome wheels buy your own from a rim shop.

MrHolland
10-31-12, 10:10 PM
I guess I missed that, would you mind pointing out in the article where that came from.

ELUSIVE
10-31-12, 11:58 PM
I think he's just putting 2 and 2 together:

*The pics do not show chrome wheels
*The article states "the next Escalade will dial back the chrome"
*The common complaint from many that the current chrome wheels were rather cheap and began to peel.

Just a thought...

48Dodge
11-02-12, 09:50 AM
I wonder if the 8 speed transmission can be swapped into the current generation without too much of a headache.

vipermann1
11-02-12, 02:06 PM
Honestly, I have no problems with the solid rear axle.
But for GOD sake's, please, add a flat power folding 3rd row seats.
Make the 2nd row fold flat also.
More outlets por power in 2nd and third rows. (with child safety covers)
Improve interior room, more room in second row and especially 3rd row!!!

Seats need to be longer for us who are 6 feet tall, with more thigh support.

Kazo Zako
11-02-12, 05:12 PM
My take for interior : Take 7 lumberjacks with 7 large suitcases and 7 carry-on and wrap the truck comfortably around.
No one with size shoes 11+ can easily get in second row, never mind third...
Get rid of plastic door handles, make second row adjustable,... and my list is quite extensive...

5.0 lsc
11-03-12, 10:15 AM
To me the Escalade is the king of all trucks. They are huge and have sharp boxy lines. From the beautiful led tailights to the chrome fender vents , the stock chrome 20" or 22" rims, the large crystal like headlights, the sound of the exhaust, the large swooping wood/chrome trim that wraps around the large screen, everything is perfect to me. I cant wait for the next one, as long as they stay true to what an escalade is supposed to be and improve. The door panels and interior lighting need to be improved, rear seats ect.

DG2
11-03-12, 12:23 PM
To me the Escalade is the king of all trucks. They are huge and have sharp boxy lines. From the beautiful led tailights to the chrome fender vents , the stock chrome 20" or 22" rims, the large crystal like headlights, the sound of the exhaust, the large swooping wood/chrome trim that wraps around the large screen, everything is perfect to me. I cant wait for the next one, as long as they stay true to what an escalade is supposed to be and improve. The door panels and interior lighting need to be improved, rear seats ect.

Judging from the spy photos we should not be disappointed. I'm sure it will still be the " King" of the road. Sprinkle in all the wish list items on the interior ( especially a fold flat third row, a must! ) and Escalade will continue to make other Luxury SUV owners jealous.

MrHolland
11-03-12, 02:08 PM
I believe there will still be some sacrifice when it comes to fold flat. The chairs should fold down but it will turn into a raised floor. Its a start though, moving in the right direction!!!

hannity
11-03-12, 02:57 PM

Let's keep our fingers crossed. Holding our breath is not an option.

BEarle
11-03-12, 03:54 PM
The only thing that concerns me is how Cadillac keeps insisting its going to be "toned down". The escalade is supposed to be a in your face flashy automobile. I'm worried that there trying to chase BMW too much and starting building bland cars like BMW. Don't get me wrong BMWs are ok styling wise but nothing exiting. For example the ATS is a nice car but doesn't stand out and is kinda bland, I just hope the Escalade doesn't go that route.

hannity
11-03-12, 08:34 PM
The only thing that concerns me is how Cadillac keeps insisting its going to be "toned down". The escalade is supposed to be a in your face flashy automobile. I'm worried that there trying to chase BMW too much and starting building bland cars like BMW. Don't get me wrong BMWs are ok styling wise but nothing exiting. For example the ATS is a nice car but doesn't stand out and is kinda bland, I just hope the Escalade doesn't go that route.

I kind of was thinking the same thing, not abut BMW, but about toning it down. The escalade is supposed to be flashy, and despite my complaints it is the best looking. If they tone it down, it will be like a Yukon. When I owned my platinum I was sick to my stomach to find out a Yukon has almost as many features as a escalde. If they tone it down it sounds like they will demand the same price for less, and the cycle will continue. I honestly hope it doesn't.

BEarle
11-03-12, 08:43 PM
I heard they are jacking up the price to compete with the range rover. Instead of starting around $60k the starting price will start around $70k and probably will be well over $100k for the platinum.

----------

They said Cadillac will be raising pricing across the board to compete with BMW and Benz which I think is a bad move.

lee88
11-04-12, 06:58 AM
I heard they are jacking up the price to compete with the range rover. Instead of starting around $60k the starting price will start around $70k and probably will be well over $100k for the platinum.

----------

They said Cadillac will be raising pricing across the board to compete with BMW and Benz which I think is a bad move.

Where exactly did you hear this?

kars79
11-04-12, 12:43 PM
Check out this rendering

K9Caddy
11-04-12, 01:30 PM
Whoa!! Mixed feelings... The more I look at it, the more it grows on me...

Carneros Red
11-04-12, 01:56 PM
There is absolutely no excuse for the 2014 not to have a fold flat 3rd row seat. Especially since there is all that room underneath with the deletion of the spare tire.

kars79
11-04-12, 02:09 PM
from all the spy shots Spare is visible in tahoe's and escalade's.
I have been reading from various website's no fold flat 3rd row seat in k2 platform at all,
Big disappointment.

Few people have mentioned that escalade and Tahoe look Gorgeous in person.
One of the people that I know saw Tahoe in Vegas in September and said current gen escalade looks
Bland compare to 14 Tahoe and he can not imagine how good looking escalade probably will be.

Jpjr
11-04-12, 02:58 PM
Check out this rendering

Who did this Jalopnik?

I think this rendering could be extremely close to the finished product. This is more or less how I would expect the car to look given the current gen design evolution.

kars79
11-04-12, 03:33 PM
Who did this Jalopnik?

I think this rendering could be extremely close to the finished product. This is more or less how I would expect the car to look given the current gen design evolution.

It's from one of the contributor at gm inside news.
Another rendering with full led lights

BEarle
11-04-12, 03:38 PM
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1080218_cadillac-prices-will-rise-to-better-align-with-german-rivals

----------

Omg I'm praying it won't look like this!

hannity
11-04-12, 03:59 PM
from all the spy shots Spare is visible in tahoe's and escalade's.
I have been reading from various website's no fold flat 3rd row seat in k2 platform at all,
Big disappointment.

Few people have mentioned that escalade and Tahoe look Gorgeous in person.
One of the people that I know saw Tahoe in Vegas in September and said current gen escalade looks
Bland compare to 14 Tahoe and he can not imagine how good looking escalade probably will be.
I honestly think when it boils down to it, they know some people will buy an escalde no matter what. So gm will just give them enough while continuing to raise the price. Cycle will continue, unfortunately.

----------

It's from one of the contributor at gm inside news.
Another rendering with full led lights

for the record, I like the look.

lee88
11-04-12, 04:50 PM
Of course they're going to raise the price. I'd be surprised if they didn't. It's called inflation. Hah
Honestly if Cadillac didn't price similarly to its competitors then they would be known as the affordable luxury carmaker and no one wants a luxury car to be affordable. At least I don't. If I wanted an affordable car I'd buy a Hyundai.

BEarle
11-04-12, 05:15 PM
Of course they're going to raise the price. I'd be surprised if they didn't. It's called inflation. Hah
Honestly if Cadillac didn't price similarly to its competitors then they would be known as the affordable luxury carmaker and no one wants a luxury car to be affordable. At least I don't. If I wanted an affordable car I'd buy a Hyundai.

I agree with you but not until the near future. For right now they should stay priced below the competition to lure customers from the German brands and once they are a major player they can raise prices, but for right now since they are still trying to regain there status they should keep pricing not too low but just a slight lower than the Germans.

lee88
11-04-12, 06:08 PM
I agree with you but not until the near future. For right now they should stay priced below the competition to lure customers from the German brands and once they are a major player they can raise prices, but for right now since they are still trying to regain there status they should keep pricing not too low but just a slight lower than the Germans.

That is true but at the same time I don't know of any other vehicle that compares to the escalade. As far as size, power and looks. It's an all American vehicle. A vehicle that boasts style and functional usage. Recently I thought about trading it in for something better because of its flaws but I could not find anything that does all that. It's definitely a status vehicle and I hve to admit I like that about it. So I am willing to pay a bit more as long as it still gives a heavy presence. I'm a bit iffy about cadillac repeatedly saying how the new escalade will be toned down. I like the in your face style and I hope it stays that way.

BEarle
11-04-12, 07:19 PM
That is true but at the same time I don't know of any other vehicle that compares to the escalade. As far as size, power and looks. It's an all American vehicle. A vehicle that boasts style and functional usage. Recently I thought about trading it in for something better because of its flaws but I could not find anything that does all that. It's definitely a status vehicle and I hve to admit I like that about it. So I am willing to pay a bit more as long as it still gives a heavy presence. I'm a bit iffy about cadillac repeatedly saying how the new escalade will be toned down. I like the in your face style and I hope it stays that way.

I highly agree with you. The Escalade is the last of the big flashy American vehicles, it's kind of a throwback to the big fleetwood brougham days. With some thought I think what they mean by "toned down" is probably less chrome and probably replacing the chrome with the stainless steal look which isn't that bad, but I think that the truck itself will be highly stylish.

BEarle
11-04-12, 08:30 PM
What else I noticed on both the new Escalade and CTS under the camo is that it looks like they have the exact grill off the CIEL concept.

lee88
11-04-12, 09:23 PM
I highly agree with you. The Escalade is the last of the big flashy American vehicles, it's kind of a throwback to the big fleetwood brougham days. With some thought I think what they mean by "toned down" is probably less chrome and probably replacing the chrome with the stainless steal look which isn't that bad, but I think that the truck itself will be highly stylish.

True. I actually like the stainless steel look. It doesn't look as cheap as the plastic chrome pieces. Maybe a good thing!

kars79
11-04-12, 11:42 PM
Price will go up little bit.
I don't expect next gen Escalade to start above $70k
Loaded platinum version probably be $90k or so which is in line with GL and Range Rover.
I wanna see escalade shedding 500-600 pounds and gaining some more hp and 8 speed transmission so it will be faster and more lively then current engine.
I know it's not all about 0-60 times but right now GL 450 does 0-60 in 5.8 second GL 550 is right at 5 second even.
New RR probably will be around 4.8.
I want to see Escalade doing at least 5.5 second to 60 miles and it's probably gonna be around that with new 6.2 engine & 8 speed tranny and weight loss.

MrHolland
11-05-12, 06:09 AM
Raising the price to be competitive simply makes no sense to me!!!!

BEarle
11-05-12, 09:32 AM
Well it's defiantly inflation. If they raise the base price by a few grand it's not that bad but if thy are talking $5k & over then that's a little bit too high. It also matters if it's going to have the same quality as the XTS and ATS which obviously it is then the raise in price is fine.

48Dodge
11-05-12, 09:51 AM
Shed 5-600lbs? I want the new one to be less plastic, more leather. Or at least plastic that is a higher grade than what can be found on base tahoes.

kars79
11-05-12, 11:57 PM
Shed 5-600lbs? I want the new one to be less plastic, more leather. Or at least plastic that is a higher grade than what can be found on base tahoes.

Check out the numbers on ats and you will know what I mean.

BEarle
11-11-12, 04:26 PM
I wonder if they are doing away with the column shifter?

hannity
11-12-12, 01:12 PM
I think he's just putting 2 and 2 together:

*The pics do not show chrome wheels
*The article states "the next Escalade will dial back the chrome"
*The common complaint from many that the current chrome wheels were rather cheap and began to peel.

Just a thought...

Smart man

ELUSIVE
11-12-12, 08:31 PM
Smart man

I graduated at the top of my preschool class when I was 9. :D

Royalton
11-13-12, 03:26 PM
the camo pics show the chrome roof rails gone, the chrome rims, and the chrome side mirrors. They are odiously going with beefy but sophisticated look like a bigger range rover. Less rappereske ;)

kars79
11-13-12, 07:59 PM
the camo pics show the chrome roof rails gone, the chrome rims, and the chrome side mirrors. They are odiously going with beefy but sophisticated look like a bigger range rover. Less rappereske ;)

For sure less chrome.
I think it would be more like 2013 premium.
It should look classy