: My 2013 Performance SRX Came in Today!

Marc NY
10-24-12, 07:12 PM
Today I got the phone call I had been waiting for. :D I went over to the dealer after work to get some cell phone pictures so that I might be able to share them with you. As you already know I am very pleased at the updated look of the front grille and the new interior too. The rims look very nice and so does the Flannel Grey color even though the SRX is dirty from its travels. I hope to pick up my new SRX either tomorrow or more likely Friday.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/SRX.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/SRX4.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/SRX3.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/SRXInterior.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/SRX1.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/SRX2.jpg

I will definitely give you more photos and comments about the new CUE in the near future. :)

stevec5375
10-24-12, 07:23 PM
Nice. But there are some things that still need addressing. When are they going to fix the arm rest so it doesn't slam into your cups in the beverage area? When are they going to beef up the CUE CPU so it runs quickly? The wheels are a big improvement over the Chrome Tech wheels.

allgm
10-24-12, 08:43 PM
Looks good to me. Wasn't sure about the new grill but the more I see it the better it looks to me . Does the steering wheel still have a wood section at the top? All my dealer has are 2013 Luxury's and the steering wheel is all leather .

Marc NY
10-24-12, 10:38 PM
Nice. But there are some things that still need addressing. When are they going to fix the arm rest so it doesn't slam into your cups in the beverage area? When are they going to beef up the CUE CPU so it runs quickly? The wheels are a big improvement over the Chrome Tech wheels.Honestly, I never had any issues with the arm rest sliding into, hitting or interfering with my beverages. As far as the CPU being slow on the CUE I haven't had an opportunity to use it yet but I will comment on the performance of the new CUE once I have some time with it. I also agree with you Steve in the fact that I really like the new polished aluminum wheels that are offered for this year. I do happen to like the new chrome one piece rims this year as well.

Looks good to me. Wasn't sure about the new grill but the more I see it the better it looks to me . Does the steering wheel still have a wood section at the top? All my dealer has are 2013 Luxury's and the steering wheel is all leather .The steering wheel is all leather this year. I did like the look and feel of wood on my 2010 & 12 SRXs but the reason the wood is gone on top of the steering wheel is because of two things. To give the driver full coverage for the heated steering wheel so when one is turning the wheel you don't hit a cool or cold spot. I believe the other reason was that GM designers believed that putting wood on the inside of the wheel would help to satisfy the desire for wood for those who like the appearance of wood on their steering wheel.

inspectorudy
10-24-12, 11:10 PM
I believe the armrest sliding too easily when the car is braked was only an issue with the 2010 model. I have a '11 and it is hard to move the arm rest without really trying to move it. I am considering the '13 but I am waiting to see if they have fixed the backup camera, transmission shifting/hunting, definitely get HIDs, more power and am still waiting on the CUE system. I read both good and bad things about it in the big three auto mags. I was also hoping for an improvement in the display for the nav. Even the cheap mounted sets offer many more options for the display color and background than the GM model. I did go to the cadillac.com site to see videos on the CUE system and it looks like the nav may be a better model. I'll be waiting for Marc to write up his opinion on his new car. My dealer has offered me a new '13 performance to keep over night to see how we like the CUE and the new engine.

Marc NY
10-25-12, 08:20 AM
... I am considering the '13 but I am waiting to see if they have fixed the backup camera, transmission shifting/hunting, definitely get HIDs, more power and am still waiting on the CUE system. I read both good and bad things about it in the big three auto mags. I was also hoping for an improvement in the display for the nav. ... My dealer has offered me a new '13 performance to keep over night to see how we like the CUE and the new engine.The shifting/ hunting is definitely associated to the level of power/ torque curve in the 3.0L engine where as the 3.6L you won't sense that feeling at all. When you get to test drive the new 13 you will "instantly" love the feel of the extra power, performance and torque difference between the two engines. :)

Jake2010
10-25-12, 09:15 AM
Marc, Congrats, I'm sure your're excited!! Enjoy your new ride, it's a beautiful car!!

Mike Grasso
10-25-12, 01:40 PM
Congrats, mine is being made on Monday! Should see it mid November.

Mike

Marc NY
10-25-12, 02:30 PM
Congrats, mine is being made on Monday! Should see it mid November.

MikeThanks, I found out that I am actually picking up my SRX this afternoon. :D

FYI: Mine was built in the first week of October and it came in a couple of days ago ... aprox 3 weeks to get to WNY area.

TheCaptain
10-25-12, 11:21 PM
Awesome SRX Marc! I am jealous! :)

SRXgirl2011
10-25-12, 11:30 PM
What a beauty!

2013SRX
10-26-12, 04:44 AM
Congrats! I'm new to this forum, it's great to have all this info....I'm about to order a 2013 SRX Performance FWD-Platinum Ice w/Ebony (waiting on quotes from the Dealers). I just looked at one that arrived this week w/the Grille option, and it looked the same as the standard Grilles on the other Luxury models that arrived, can you show a pic of the standard and option Grille? Does anyone have some pictures of the other wheel option 20" Chrome Bright Finish?

Marc NY
10-26-12, 10:02 AM
Congrats! I'm new to this forum, it's great to have all this info....I'm about to order a 2013 SRX Performance FWD-Platinum Ice w/Ebony (waiting on quotes from the Dealers). I just looked at one that arrived this week w/the Grille option, and it looked the same as the standard Grilles on the other Luxury models that arrived, can you show a pic of the standard and option Grille? Does anyone have some pictures of the other wheel option 20" Chrome Bright Finish?The standard grille option is shown below and I believe the optional gille looks exactly like the 2010-12 SRXs except it is painted in bright silver finish instead of the darker grey finish.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/SRXGrille-1.jpg

Here is the photo of the new Chrome wheel for 2013 SRX. It is a nice looking wheel too. :)

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/SRXChrome13.jpg

Marc NY
10-26-12, 11:11 AM
Duplicate post please *DELETE*

Oliver_M
10-26-12, 12:56 PM
I like the updated new look much better than last. I considered buying one for my wife last year, but we both agreed it was a little too bulldog-ish, so I bought a new Escalade.

Sarex011
10-26-12, 03:40 PM
Very Nice! Congratulations, enjoy it.

2013SRX
10-27-12, 03:47 AM
Thanks for the pics, I'll have to go back to the dealer and look at grille again. If anyone sees the 2013 wheel option on any SRX's out there, please post a pic...I'm undecided on which wheels to order.

Marc NY
10-27-12, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the pics, I'll have to go back to the dealer and look at grille again. If anyone sees the 2013 wheel option on any SRX's out there, please post a pic...I'm undecided on which wheels to order.I posted the two new 20" optional wheels earlier in this thread (Pg.1). The standard wheels for the 20" have the same look as the 2010-11 wheels in that 2013 Cadillac went back to the lighter shade of (silver) for the inner part of the wheel. The outside area of the spokes are polished just like the 2012 wheels are and I like that look too. :thumbsup:

BTW: The standard 18" wheels have all looked the same for the past 4 years.

----------

Here are a few shots of my new SRX only hours old. :D

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/DSC_7256_Crop.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/DSC_7261.jpg

All I can tell you for right now is WOW GM engineers have listened to their customers feedback! The new refresh is way more than just a new grille or the Cadillac CUE! The ride, interior sound levels and more have been dramaticly improved. The very first thing I noticed when I got into the new SRX was how the seats felt ... yes more plush! Yes, PLUSH! :D

GM improved the feel and comfort level of the new SRX seats! Unless I had not inflated my older SRX seats properly ... man was I impressed! :D The new CUE dash is very vibrant and is really cool looking. I also like the new DIC cluster (honestly I thought I was going to really miss the my old beautiful Ice Blue cluster) but I really like how you can customize the lite version of CUE DIC to your liking and the colors in the DIC also very vibrant. :D

Those polished rims really sparkle in the sun light too I am really glad I got them.

WOW so so much more to talk about but unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time here so I will post more impressions as soon as I can. :)

TheCaptain
10-27-12, 03:11 PM
Good to know Marc!

GGMiv
10-27-12, 07:31 PM
Love the pictures--and the trees look great, too. Fall is the main season I miss here in FL.

algiorda
10-27-12, 10:28 PM
Hi Marc,

Congrats on the new SRX! She's a beauty! I was going to purchase my 2010 when it comes off lease, but the 2013 is looking Ooooh soooo Gooood!

I love the color too.

Do you find the CUE system to difficult to navigate simple things which was reported in a few reviews I've read?

Marc NY
10-27-12, 11:53 PM
Love the pictures--and the trees look great, too. Fall is the main season I miss here in FL.Yes I love Fall... but with all the trees I get swamped with tons and tons of leaves... it takes me forever to get all of the leaves out of my flower beds and then another windy day comes then I am back to square one again ... :(

Hi Marc,

Congrats on the new SRX! She's a beauty! I was going to purchase my 2010 when it comes off lease, but the 2013 is looking Ooooh soooo Gooood!

I love the color too.

Do you find the CUE system to difficult to navigate simple things which was reported in a few reviews I've read?I have an iPhone and I am fairly used to the aps and swiping etc etc. However one needs to go through all the options to familiarize themselves. Even the sales people need more hands on training to help out new customers. My salesman told me that the guy that came in to teach all the sales people had 8 hours a day training for 60 days and he was only able give everyone just 30 minutes of training. I don't understand why the XTS & ATS customers were able to get the iPad and SRX customers couldn't. I thought one reason the iPad was handed out was to help the customers get more familiar with the CUE system etc. :confused:

As with any new system it is going to take you some time, experience and practice. IMO: I believe part of the CUE was designed to respond slightly slower than say an iPhone because you are in a car and if the car is moving your fingers will tend to move ever so slightly so when you touch the screen it requires a very "short" time delay in order to confirm that your finger is actually selecting that particular feature. It will definitely take me some more time to try and get used to all the neat features. I only have 73 miles on my SRX as to date.

For now I am very pleased with the CUE system... I just need more time working and playing with it. :O)

b4z
10-28-12, 08:24 PM
Congrats! I like the front grille as well. Wish they would take the chrome off the front fender behind the wheel.

Marc NY
10-29-12, 12:37 PM
Congrats! I like the front grille as well. Wish they would take the chrome off the front fender behind the wheel.At first I actually thought to myself that it was a wee bit garish too but after seeing it more and more in person I have gotten to think it actually looks really nice and fits in very well on the fender.

Honestly, I was a little bit dismayed at first when I saw the LED lighting and thought that we had lost that nice looking turn signal indicator on the fender. .. but after I viewed it closer I said hmmm... let me try out the turn signal out and see what happens. Well... sure enough I was completely surprised for what I saw was that the whole LED vertical piping turned amber and there was a small bright circular bulb on top that also lights up in amber and it flashed on and off too. I was very happy to see that Cadillac didn't remove that fender light (sometimes those little things will happen to save a few dollars) but actually incorporated it very nicely into the white LED piping too. That small circular LED light looks just like the small amber lights in the front headlight assembly.

Sorry for the poor picture quality off my cell phone.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/Turnsignal.jpg

Marc NY
10-29-12, 02:27 PM
The weather map I shot yesterday off the CUE kinda looks like my weather app on my iPhone.

Man are we getting hammered with a lot of rain for sure.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/photo6.jpg

----------

Another small but much appreciated feature is the heated steering wheel light. It is wee bit smaller and not as bright. The one on my 2012 was so bright that the light beam would hit me right in the eyes and I had to actually look away from it because it was so bright at my eye level. The newer heated steering wheel (full wrap) was getting so HOT that that I needed to shut it off, where before I could leave it on continuously.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/photo7.jpg

inspectorudy
10-29-12, 05:53 PM
Great looking car Marc. I am afraid I have to go with your first impression and that is that Cadillac is reverting back to it '60s days of too much chrome. I personally would have loved to get the wire mesh grill and a tone down the bling over all. It still is a stunning design and maybe someone will come out with a de-bling kit. I saw my first ATS and it was red with a lot of chrome strips on it. It is a beautiful design also but once again it looks like someone in the design department is chrome crazy. An item we had on commercial airliners was a palm rest that allowed your hand to be totally functional but when you rested your palm on it you could enter data into the flight computer without fear of your finger jumping one row of numbers. If any of you have ever tried to enter numbers into a GPS while moving on a bumpy road you will understand how this rest worked. I have an appointment next week to pick up a '13 and will give you all my critique. BTW Marc, you are about two weeks ahead of us here in Atlanta with the beautiful trees and tons of leaves.

Marc NY
10-29-12, 06:26 PM
You can always buy the optional grille or even trade it with someone who wants the 2013 grille or you could always sell the "bling" grille on eBay to defray some of the costs. :)

EDIT:
I thought I would share another neat feature I like. That is ... there is a new lighted SRX image (located inside the DIC) along with the visual aid bars that progressively grow closer to the SRX image to warn you that you are getting very close to a front end object. Those bar images work for either direction when you are either moving forward or in reverse. If you have objects center left or center right the side bars will also illuminate too. To get this image I pulled up to my garage door and then put the SRX into reverse so both the front and back bars would come on. Because there was nothing close behind me the rear bars didn't show up in color like the front ones were doing... but then again I would probably be using my rear camera instead. :D

EDIT: I changed image to a better shot: The picture below shows both front and rear bars.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/photo9.jpg

inspectorudy
10-29-12, 07:20 PM
Marc, does your car have the back out of a tight spot warning for either direction? I know how when I am between two big SUV's being able to see what's coming is vital and I have seen some cars advertise this feature.

Marc NY
10-29-12, 10:14 PM
Marc, does your car have the back out of a tight spot warning for either direction? I know how when I am between two big SUV's being able to see what's coming is vital and I have seen some cars advertise this feature.Yes it does. The rear sensors can pick out a car coming at you from either direction like the Cadillac XTS commercial shows you.

http://youtu.be/_n3jnYPnAkU

I also had a chance to back out of a parking spot where there was a telephone poll backward at least 15' to my right rear and the camera's radar system picked that up easily and showed me a BIG Red arrow pointing to the far right side of the SRX. That is really a HUGE enhancement to the driver's ability to see further rearward indeed! The previous back up camera systems would not be able to warn you until you were within a much closer range.

Below is a shot of my 2012 door handle vs the new 2013 door hand with the little button on it.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/photo1-2.jpg

Below is the 2013 Passanger side door handle (which doesn't have the key slot like the dirvers door has)

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/photo-4.jpg

SrxNamja
10-30-12, 01:11 AM
Congrats on the purchase. I test drove the 2013 and it was very nice! The color is beautiful as well

Marc NY
10-31-12, 01:36 PM
Congrats on the purchase. I test drove the 2013 and it was very nice! The color is beautiful as wellThanks! :)

I thought I would share a photo of the LED lights for the Forward Collision Warning System. I was parked at work and started up the SRX and the LED lights will only come on for a few seconds at every start up, so I took a photo of it. I sure wouldn't want to try to take that photo while driving. :bigroll:

Those Red LED lights flash very quickly but they will definitely get ones attention fast that's for sure.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/HID.jpg

Steve-FL
11-01-12, 03:35 PM
MarcNY - Thanks for the additional information and picture...I find all of the information you have shared to be very useful and interesting to read and I appreciate you taking the time to post.

I'm sorry for not understanding your most recent photo (Forward Collision Warning System), but can you explain what is pictured? Are the red LED lights that appear next to the Pontiac a reflection on your windshield from lights mounted on your SRX's dashboard? What is the red line/light that appears to be located on your instrument panel? Maybe I had too much Halloween candy or something or I'm simply a bit slow on the uptake today, but any clarity you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Marc NY
11-01-12, 06:13 PM
The red light is the built into the dash which is projecting the LED red lights up onto the windshield. I took a daytime photo so that it is easier to see. I will tell you this ... when that light comes on so does your seat at the exact same time. Believe me you will immediately wake up and prepare yourself to brake or move out of the way. It doesn't come on unless the vehicle in front of you brakes hard or you are approaching too fast onto the rear of a vehicle or you are coming up to an object that isn't moving. I have experienced this eye opening feature a few times already!

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/HUD.jpg

Side view mirror photo shows the blind side warning indicator

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/SideMirror.jpg

This photo shows an option on the NAV screen that shows up in a small box where the Radio station info shows up along with the artist's name and then it will switch to the song being played... hmm I am not sure if I am a big fan of using that option.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/NAVRadio2.jpg

Steve-FL
11-01-12, 11:46 PM
Thanks for clariying the original Forward Collision Warning System picture. I certainly agree with you that the warning light will get one's attention...I practically slammed on the brakes at my desk when I saw the new photo. I also agree with you regarding the song/artist detail being listed on the navigation screen, the information seems a bit out of place. In fact, when I first looked at the NAV screen photo, I thought you lived down the street from Fleetwood Mac's house.

In all seriousness though, thanks again for the real-world review of your new SRX. You can't get that type of detail by reading Cadillac marketing materials or by simply looking at photos.

Marc NY
11-02-12, 05:39 PM
Thanks for your kind feedback :)

BTW: I have been so busy lately that I haven't had time to go through the manuals thoroughly yet. I thought I share another nice surprise in that the new shifter is slightly thinner and or smaller in it's overall width/ depth and it seems to me that the shifter feels more ergonomically comfortable than the previous shifter handle. Don't get me wrong the previous shifter handle is a very nice looking piece too and felt fine to me but this newer design actually makes me want to hold onto the shifter a lot more often than before.

Notice the picture shows the shifter in "N" position. In this side view you can really notice how different this shifter looks compared to the previous version. You might be able to even "sense" how it would feel in your hand. Also the configuration of the button/ switch feels more natual and is easier to engage by being located on the front side rather the on the left side as before.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/Shifterside.jpg

I think that the wood accents look very eligant throughout the SRX cabin.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/Shifterfront.jpg

Ormond
11-02-12, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the photos and information on your new SRX. Enjoy driving it in good health!

Marc NY
11-02-12, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the photos and information on your new SRX. Enjoy driving it in good health! :)

I thought I would bring up a topic that one member who recently said he had a negative experience with the new vibrating seats and he didn't like that experience so he stated he opted not to spend the extra $$$ to get it. Remember ... that there are 3 features included in that package and if someone doesn't want to use the vibrating seats at any time they can easily turn off that feature on the console and the seats will then be deactivated. I would like to say to the rest of our members who haven't tested out the new GM patient vibrating seats you truly need to test drive it yourself to get the real sense of how they actually feel and work. I will try to describe to you the effectiveness and or sensations that I felt.

I would like to start off by saying that I would "highly" recommend getting the "Driver Awareness" package if at all possible. To me it is well worth the extra $$$ to have the Blind Side Alert, Forward Collision Warning System along with the vibrating seat feature. Since I have already talked about the LED Forward Collision Warning System a little bit and since most everyone is probably aware of how the Blind Side alert systems work I will try to elaborate a little more on the new vibrating seats.

The first thing I noticed after driving for awhile was the vibrating seat feature will only activate above 35 MPH. Thus if you are driving in a city you won't have to worry about your side to side traffic movements activating your seats. The seats were actually designed for use in faster traffic areas. If you are on the Thruway and you don't regularly use your turn signals to change lanes when you cross those painted lines/ stripes/ dashes or ride the shoulder a lot your seat will "lightly" vibrate at the rear side edge of your seat depending on what side of the road you wandered into. I have to admit I purposely tried every lane change or maneuver to see how soon the vibrating seats would kick in and how often it would activate. When I first ordered that package I wasn't really sure how often the seats would activate on me while I was driving. I thought it would "encourage" me to use my turn signals more often. My biggest fear was ... would my "butt actually get tired or sore" from all the vibrating that could be going on. LOL

To sum it all up, here are my findings:

The seats only vibrate enough to "lightly" alert you and honestly I could probably drive all day and never use my turn signals (but I won't do that) because it isn't annoying to me at all. Next when you are backing up to a wall or say another parked car and the yellow triangle lights up then the right backside of your seat will vibrate. However when you approach gets real close the red triangle light comes on and then both sides of the seat will vibrate warning you that you are very close to an object.

What was really scary to me was I found out how much I actually wandered in my driving lane. I thought I rarely moved around a lot but in reality I would sometimes move quite a bit within my driving lane. What also surprised me somewhat was I noticed that when I was glancing at the radio or NAV screen or other controls I was actually veering ever so slightly to the right or left and of course the seat would vibrate on me and whoa ... was I really wandering that far in such a short period of time? Once you have experienced this feature you will really get to appreciate it especially when it is gets dark outside. As you may know already when one starts getting older your night time vision can start to suffer and if you are also driving on a long road trip those vibrating seats will actually act like an added security blanket for you... keeping you more alert and in your proper lane.

Once you experience this great new technology you will wonder how in the world did you ever live without it? :worship:

You can see below the lighted button/ switch that shows that the vibrating seats are activated.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/LaneDepartureSwitch.jpg

TheCaptain
11-02-12, 09:06 PM
I wonder how well the tech was tested in wintery conditions/how well it can determine in snow covered conditions?

Marc NY
11-03-12, 10:08 AM
I wonder how well the tech was tested in wintery conditions/ how well it can determine in snow covered conditions? TheCaptain touched on a very good point... since the snow can cover most of or a lot of the road during the winter season I would certainly believe that the sensor will have a hard time knowing where you are unless the road is clear enough to pick out the painted lines. Also I forgot to mention that in heavy rain and roads that have faded paint lines this system will not always activate. So there is defenitely some situations where it may not work all the time.

Marc NY
11-04-12, 05:59 AM
Ok ... I need someone to help remind me here ... did the 2012 SRXs have a light in the bottom of the door that would come on and light up the ground when you opened the door??? My 2013 SRX has this feature and for the life of me I don't ever recall if I had it on my 2012 SRX. If it was there then mine never did work. :hmm:

Anyways ... that light really helped me out last night, it was pitch dark out and it saved me from stepping out into a muddy puddle that I had parked over. :thumbsup: LOL

allgm
11-04-12, 10:16 AM
Marc my 2010 has light at bottom of door. Did you see the thread where you could project the Cadillac Emblem on the ground ?

Marc NY
11-04-12, 11:38 AM
Marc my 2010 has light at bottom of door. Did you see the thread where you could project the Cadillac Emblem on the ground ? Oh Yes!!! I do recall that thread... I had forgotten all about that.

Hmmm then my 2012 door light must have not have been working for me then. :hmm:

stevec5375
11-04-12, 02:37 PM
Oh Yes!!! I do recall that thread... I had forgotten all about that.

Hmmm then my 2012 door light must have not have been working for me then. :hmm:

An overlooked "warranty" item. ;)

Marc NY
11-04-12, 02:54 PM
An overlooked "warranty" item. ;)I should have had them change out the bulb before I sold it. :bulb: :shhh:

RAB
11-05-12, 07:55 PM
Marc, congratulations on getting yourself a 2013 SRX Performance! The vehicle looks great! :thumbsup:
All the info & photos you're providing on the new '13 SRX is really appreciated.
I like the look of your 20" polished wheels (much prefer them over the chrome finish), but I also like the look of the standard 20" bright machined finish wheels with painted accents. I've been looking for some good/hi-res photos of a 2013 SRX Premium or Performance equipped with the standard 20" wheels, but so far no luck.

Questions for you: On the '13 SRX Premium FWD versus the '13 SRX Premium AWD.. besides getting AWD and Sport Suspension with computer-controlled real-time damping on the AWD model, is there any other "step-up" in getting the AWD model? I wouldn't be that interested in having AWD (makes the vehicle heavier and slower, and negatively affects fuel economy), but real-time damping is something I would like. Is the added price in getting AWD worth it to specifically obtain the sport suspension (real-time damping)? What suspension system do you have on your '13 Performance - standard or sport? How does the suspension perform / how do you like it?

Cheers
RAB

Marc NY
11-14-12, 09:37 AM
Marc, congratulations on getting yourself a 2013 SRX Performance! .... What suspension system do you have on your '13 Performance - standard or sport? How does the suspension perform / how do you like it?

Cheers
RABSorry RAB I have been real busy this past couple of weeks and haven't been able to respond much. To be honest with you I don't believe there is any difference in the Performance model in suspension other than one can select the sport mode via your console shifter. I don't have the AWD version "SRX 4" because I have been very pleased with the FWD version on my past 4 other FWD vehicles I have owned ... 2 Buick Enclaves and my last 2 SRX models although my wife still wants AWD as do all of my 3 other daughters. :)

I will comment more on my 2013 SRX and the CUE features very soon. I wanted to take a short video to show you what is new to me and very intersting in the way the new NAV screen works and how it preforms so much different than any other I have used.

More to come in the near future... :pop2:

300:29:1
11-14-12, 11:57 AM
Sorry RAB I have been real busy this past couple of weeks and haven't been able to respond much. To be honest with you I don't believe there is any difference in the Performance model in suspension other than one can select the sport mode via your console shifter. I don't have the AWD version "SRX 4" because I have been very pleased with the FWD version on my past 4 other FWD vehicles I have owned ... 2 Buick Enclaves and my last 2 SRX models although my wife still wants AWD as do all of my 3 other daughters. :)

I will comment more on my 2013 SRX and the CUE features very soon. I wanted to take a short video to show you what is new to me and very intersting in the way the new NAV screen works and how it preforms so much different than any other I have used.

More to come in the near future... :pop2:

While I have been pleased with FWD vehicles in the land of lake effect snow for many years, I really like my AWD X3. I would think AWD would be the best choice for you in WNY, but it does add to vehicle cost in several ways.

----------

While I have been pleased with FWD vehicles in the land of lake effect snow for many years, I really like my AWD X3. I would think AWD would be the best choice for you in WNY, but it does add to vehicle cost in several ways.

I meant to say LIKED my X3. I couldn't seem to edit my post on my iPhone.

Marc NY
11-14-12, 12:41 PM
While I have been pleased with FWD vehicles in the land of lake effect snow for many years, I really like my AWD X3. I would think AWD would be the best choice for you in WNY, but it does add to vehicle cost in several ways.Don't get me wrong I love having an AWD vehicle in WNY area (BTW I believe lately :worship: Syracuse gets more snow than WNY) :hide:... another reason I have ordered a FWD SRX is because the dealer told me since I sell/ trade my vehicles so frequently that I would take less of a hit on a FWD SRX vs AWD. My salesman had told me awhile back that I would only get $1,500 more for an AWD SRX on a trade-in which for me would be an additional loss of $1,300 more in one year vs FWD SRX. Thus for me it comes down to more a matter of how much $$$ loss I am willing to take than anything else... but if I were keeping my vehicles for a much longer period of time I would probably consider the AWD version.

300:29:1
11-14-12, 01:01 PM
Don't get me wrong I love having an AWD vehicle in WNY area (btw I believe lately :worship: Syracuse gets more snow?)... another reason I have ordered a FWD SRX is because the dealer told me since I sell/ trade my vehicles so frequently that I would take less of a hit on a FWD SRX vs AWD. My salesman had told me awhile back that I would only get $1,500 more for an AWD SRX on a trade-in which for me would be an additional loss of $1,300 more in one year vs FWD SRX. Thus for me it comes down to more a matter of how much $$$ loss I am willing to take than anything else... but if I were keeping my vehicles for a much longer period of time I would probably get the AWD version.

My selling dealer told me they pretty much only sell AWD. I traded in a FWD Honda CRV and they said it was harder to move those. I haven't had a chance to experience the AWD capabilities of my SRX yet, although I did run into very heavy rain for an extended period in the highway recently. The SRX was sure footed at decent speeds. I felt it stuck to the road well.

StuJac
11-16-12, 12:33 PM
Was Adaptive Cruise Control an option on any trim level for the SRX? I'm thinking the SRX is my next car but I absolutely love the ACC on my DTS and don't want to give it up.

TheCaptain
11-16-12, 12:39 PM
Adaptive cruise is standard on Premium Collections, and optional on Luxury and Performance Collections as long as the Driver Awareness package is optioned as well.

StuJac
11-16-12, 01:06 PM
Great news. Thanks.

IT'SACADDY@2013
11-19-12, 09:20 PM
Nice get mines on Friday, can't wait!!!