: Seats: Performance vs Premium

BriggZ
10-24-12, 05:55 PM
I bought my wife a 10 CTS Lux a few months ago and joined the forum in March. LOVE THE CAR. I have been following the SRX forum for several months now and have decided to buy a used 12 SRX Performance or Premium. If there is one complaint with the CTS, it would be seat comfort. I will be selling my 02 Park Avenue and there is a marked difference in seat comfort between the CTS and PA. I believe the seats are the same in the CTS and SRX. I can live with the CTS seats but the SRX OR CTS forum has had some discussion about the ventilated seats in a Premium may be firmer yet due to the extra fans, etc needed to cool them. So my question is 'Does anyone know from experience if the Premium seats are firmer?'. I could go bug the dealer and sit in both, but thought I'd try the forum first.

stevec5375
10-24-12, 06:02 PM
I bought my wife a 10 CTS Lux a few months ago and joined the forum in March. LOVE THE CAR. I have been following the SRX forum for several months now and have decided to buy a used 12 SRX Performance or Premium. If there is one complaint with the CTS, it would be seat comfort. I will be selling my 02 Park Avenue and there is a marked difference in seat comfort between the CTS and PA. I believe the seats are the same in the CTS and SRX. I can live with the CTS seats but the SRX OR CTS forum has had some discussion about the ventilated seats in a Premium may be firmer yet due to the extra fans, etc needed to cool them. So my question is 'Does anyone know from experience if the Premium seats are firmer?'. I could go bug the dealer and sit in both, but thought I'd try the forum first.

I can't speak to Performance vs Premium as far as comparison goes, but I can speak to the fact that the Premium seats, while comfortable, are a bit firm. They are not a Laz-e-Boy. Furthermore, the cooling in minimal. Here in central TX, our summer heat is awful. The seat cooling may help but it's not what I expected for all the money I paid.

johnfi01760
10-25-12, 04:56 PM
My advice would be to go sit in them. I just got a 2012 SRX Premium and find the seats a little disappointing from what I was driving (BMW X5 – sport seating, upgraded leather). I wish Cadillac had some sort of option for sport seating in the SRX as they seem to have in other models. I find them comfortable but in comparison to my old seating they are just ok. Maybe it’s the firmness for the cooled seats and it’s the back and side support. I would say most would never notice unless have been spoiled by a much better seat. I would have paid extra for a sport seating if available.