: 03 ESV AC unit????

jjssdp
10-23-12, 07:05 PM
I have just started hearing a hissing sound coming from the engine compartment. When i turn the truck on, for a minute or so, i shut it off and heard the noise. It is coming from the ac Unit i think. I havent ran the air condition in about a month. The lines going to the canister thing are all cold like i was using the ac. I have also noticed a good deal of water puddling under the truck also. Can anyone please help? Is a good deal of water dripping a normal thing? And the hissing sound too???
thanks

the cadillac man
10-23-12, 08:12 PM
I have just started hearing a hissing sound coming from the engine compartment. When i turn the truck on, for a minute or so, i shut it off and heard the noise. It is coming from the ac Unit i think. I havent ran the air condition in about a month. The lines going to the canister thing are all cold like i was using the ac. I have also noticed a good deal of water puddling under the truck also. Can anyone please help? Is a good deal of water dripping a normal thing? And the hissing sound too???
thanks

I don't think the hissing is normal but the water is

How is the performance of the ac as far as the air being cold during a hot day?

jjssdp
10-23-12, 08:48 PM
haven't used the AC alot. We just baught it. It was fairly warm today, turned it on and it was pretty cold. Only had it on about 5 min. The water drips pretty good dripping from looks like a silver heat shield under the ac unit.

the cadillac man
10-23-12, 09:55 PM
haven't used the AC alot. We just baught it. It was fairly warm today, turned it on and it was pretty cold. Only had it on about 5 min. The water drips pretty good dripping from looks like a silver heat shield under the ac unit.

The water is normal mine does that it is due to the exchange of hot and cold hence the water it won't harm nothing

wesyder
10-24-12, 09:57 AM
thanks

Mine hisses as well when i first turn off the engine, has been for as long as i can remember

jnrsesv
10-24-12, 10:27 AM
+1 with the above. Sounds normal.

You may notice alot of water coming from the back passenger side as well from the rear AC. Ours drips onto the rear of the chrome exhaust tip.