: Check Oil Level

John P
10-22-12, 07:58 PM
I know what this means but the last owner said it was serviced in July. If this is right, my Escalade has burnt alot of oil since. What could be the issue? It doesnt come on every time i start it up, just every other time.

Im going to top it up tomorrow but its got me worried that its apparently recently had a full service yet this warning has come on. :(

Scared isnt the word :(

the cadillac man
10-22-12, 08:18 PM
I know what this means but the last owner said it was serviced in July. If this is right, my Escalade has burnt alot of oil since. What could be the issue? It doesnt come on every time i start it up, just every other time.

Im going to top it up tomorrow but its got me worried that its apparently recently had a full service yet this warning has come on. :(

Scared isnt the word :(

Is the level dropping on the dipstick something don't sound right

Trulytex
10-22-12, 09:12 PM
How many miles since the last oil change?

Tx_Lee
10-24-12, 02:03 PM
Check your dipstick for low levels. I had the same problem. Mine was due to using synthetic for the first time ever on my escalade at around 90,000 miles and for some reason my escalade ate the oil up in 2,000 miles and less than 2 months.. So I switched back to conventional and evrything seems ok..