: Exhaust Set UP

futurectsbuyer
10-22-12, 08:02 PM
Guys,
I'm looking to get new exhaust. I'm cheap so I'm probably just going to go with the mufflers themselves, especially since the shop is telling me there is really no difference in the full system that I'm currently running. I'm be going with magnaflow. The question I have is 1. Does anyone here have just the mufflers? 2. What difference did you notice. I'm currently only have the Volant CAI installed. I really just want to get it a little deeper and the power probably wont be as noticeable.

I did read a thread about removing something from the stock set-up, but didn't know if this would be possible with the after market exhaust. Any help would be appreciated as I could grab a new set of springs instead of spending money on exhaust that really wont do anything. Responses please......

jcortney
11-10-12, 12:00 AM
I'd be interested in how it turns out. Please post your impressions.

Thanks,

Joe

Jagillac
11-10-12, 02:48 PM
Guys,
I'm looking to get new exhaust. I'm cheap so I'm probably just going to go with the mufflers themselves, especially since the shop is telling me there is really no difference in the full system that I'm currently running. I'm be going with magnaflow. The question I have is 1. Does anyone here have just the mufflers? 2. What difference did you notice. I'm currently only have the Volant CAI installed. I really just want to get it a little deeper and the power probably wont be as noticeable.

I did read a thread about removing something from the stock set-up, but didn't know if this would be possible with the after market exhaust. Any help would be appreciated as I could grab a new set of springs instead of spending money on exhaust that really wont do anything. Responses please......

I'm really curious to know if you went ahead with this. I have a 2011 coupe and was thinking about getting the magnaflow cat back. If this delivers the sound I would probably do the same.

Hammerhead100
11-10-12, 06:02 PM
Also interested in final installed price vs. $1000+ for a cat-back.

futurectsbuyer
11-11-12, 09:15 AM
Actually I'm still trying to figure if I want full system now. One of my clients a mechanic of 25 years tells me that the best way to go would be full system. Something about factory catalytic converters being restrictive. Anyone have any input on that?

matt116
11-17-12, 06:19 PM
I have a cts v (12) factory cat back I took off if anyone is interested.
Matt

ztollon
12-06-12, 06:49 PM
I have a cts v (12) factory cat back I took off if anyone is interested.
Matt

How much

Michael_atDell
12-07-12, 03:15 PM
I have just the Magnaflow mufflers (no resonators), 2 1/2 inch custom bent stainless, 4" round tips (painted flat black). Love it, most people thing it's a V8.

Char T A
12-09-12, 03:39 PM
I have just the Magnaflow mufflers (no resonators), 2 1/2 inch custom bent stainless, 4" round tips (painted flat black). Love it, most people thing it's a V8.

Michael do you have the Sedan CTS4? I want to do the same and have an 09 CTS4 Sedan. I can't get anyone to help. I saw some info you posted a while back but can you give the details if it fits my car?

Michael_atDell
12-09-12, 03:59 PM
Yes, I have the sedan CTS4. Cats to mufflers was custom bent, x-pipe, no res., Magnaflow mufflers, 4" tips. Sounds awesome!

Char T A
12-09-12, 04:21 PM
I asked about magnaflo mufflers and they said they don't sell just mufflers for our cars. I assume you just picked some out and that's where custom pipe comes in. Any clue which mufflers? Will you share how much it cost total?

Michael_atDell
12-09-12, 04:41 PM
They are not specific to the CTS, they are " Universal". It was about $950 total after tax.

futurectsbuyer
12-19-12, 02:00 PM
I'm just adding the mufflers, shop says it should be about 360 total install with parts. Hopefully it comes out pretty good. If not I'll go back to the factory. Just praying it does not sound like a ricer.

Jagillac
12-19-12, 05:26 PM
I'm just adding the mufflers, shop says it should be about 360 total install with parts. Hopefully it comes out pretty good. If not I'll go back to the factory. Just praying it does not sound like a ricer.

I hope it doesn't ether. Would you be able to post a video of how it sounds when it's done?

futurectsbuyer
12-19-12, 07:02 PM
sounds pretty good. I'll get the video set up when I get home. Sounds pretty good at start up. After talking with the guy at the shop he said there was really no use in paying for the full system. Said if I wanted it any louder I should remove the center/ mid muffler. I don't thinkI really want it any louder. It's my daily. I think this is going to make me drive a lot faster now.... so I can hear the roar!

Char T A
12-19-12, 09:29 PM
That is GREAT news. Can you take pics under the car and share part numbers? I will bring mine in immediately when I get pics and part #s! Is yours AWD Sedan?

futurectsbuyer
12-20-12, 10:29 AM
Here are two clips. You can check them out. I shot these with my iphone so they kind of suck and don't do it any justice..

Exterior- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qawqxwmXmdU

Interior- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHnyVyRmHsA