: Joined the V1 to V2 Club!

rekctsv
10-22-12, 07:29 PM
Well, I finally bit the bullet this weekend and traded the V1 for a V2. I found an 09 Black, auto, 30k miles with all the options I wanted for the price I wanted to pay. Recaros, Nav, Sunroof, suede package, and its Cadillac certified pre-owned which sweetened the deal for me.
I ain't gonna lie though, I was tough leaving my old V behind even though I was riding away in the V2. Felt like I was abandoning a family member. I had it since 2007 and it had been a great car! I'm going to miss her.
But anyhow, I'm loving the V2, interior is great and the power is awesome. Still getting used to the automatic, got that for the wife. I tried the manual shift and I was bouncing off of the rev limiter almost instantly in 1st, WTF!
My only complaint now is my used paintjob due to the previous owner. I studied the paint at the dealership and got a discount off the price because of what I found but I didnt see everything. The detail and cleanup at the dealership was a joke, so when I finally washed it, twice now, I'm seeing a lot more things. I'm telling you, the previous owner didnt even freaking try to take car of the paint, its awful. The rocker panel area right behind both rear doors looks like the car was driven down a gravel road very fast, the hood has several spots that look like touch paint has been applied. I have $100 worth of Zaino on the way to do the best I can but I think I will need professional help.
Sorry for being so long winded, I try to post a couple of pics.
http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y468/rekctsv/20121020_113258_zps79ca8e8b.jpg

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y468/rekctsv/20121020_113215_zps938c2e2f.jpg

larry arizona
10-22-12, 10:02 PM
welcome. do yourself a favor and get your v machined to correct your paint. best 200 you will spend on that black. then zaino it up with z5 z2 and then z6 and z8. huge fan of zaino.

CVP33
10-22-12, 10:26 PM
What a difference, no? I had a 2004, then a 2005, followed by two 2006 SRT8's. These V2's handle so well, have such a better fit/finish......well just stating the obvious at this point. Enjoy the new V!

6 SPEED Z
10-22-12, 11:08 PM
Wow I am the same way, don't want to give up the V1 but might have an offer for 20k for the '05 and I KNOW I should take it and move up....

Congrats, and how do you REALLY like the auto?

Mike

mrkool
10-22-12, 11:29 PM
welcome the v2 is a totally different beast

rekctsv
10-23-12, 02:31 AM
welcome. do yourself a favor and get your v machined to correct your paint. best 200 you will spend on that black. then zaino it up with z5 z2 and then z6 and z8. huge fan of zaino.

Machined for $200? What exactly is that, something any body shop can do for me?

Wow I am the same way, don't want to give up the V1 but might have an offer for 20k for the '05 and I KNOW I should take it and move up....

Congrats, and how do you REALLY like the auto?

Mike
I feel you on the V1, but I knew it was time to move on. Everytime I get into the V2, I know I made the right choice. It's so much more refined and the acceleration is scary fast for me right now. It just feels like its going to keep right on climbing strong to 200 plus mph!
On the auto, yes I miss the manual. Right now I think the auto shift is pointless. It doesn't shift when you want it to, its like 2 seconds later. But when you shift it to sport mode and just let the transmission do all the work, its shifts great with the acceleration and it has me smiling. Me and my 8 year old son are grinning ear to ear. I know I'm going to learn to love it just as much as the V1, just gotta get use to it.
Everyone's right, she is just a different beast.

larry arizona
10-23-12, 07:19 AM
Machining is use of a wheel and compound to remove swirls, scratches and deep clean the paint. Find a reputable detailer (i would not go to a body shop) that knows what they are doing. Then Zaino away.......

Houdini
10-23-12, 08:14 AM
I was in the same boat so welcome to the V2dom. Loved my V1 but the V2 is better in every way. Congrats!

dqw1
10-23-12, 11:22 AM
I'm another one that came from an 04 V1 to an 09 auto V2 but welcome aboard. I had both cars for about a year and I thought of the V1 as a muscle car. But, I still miss my V1 for that reason and wish I never sold it.

Trapspeed
10-23-12, 11:29 AM
Congrats. You'll love it. It's a great car. Get a CAI and get that blower whine in your ear!

Bigron
10-23-12, 06:22 PM
Welcome.
I went from an 2004 to a 2010, both MT6. I love the new car but still love driving my old one when I get the chance (V1 owner is a friend).

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc404/ronoversiii/865a7bec.jpg

Tedboss1
10-24-12, 11:03 AM
rekctsv.
The picture off your cars could have been mine.
I switched from V1 to V2 as well except I didn't wait as long as you did.
I got my V2 in 2009.
Still love it.
Let the mods begin.

thebigjimsho
10-24-12, 01:43 PM
I'm another one that came from an 04 V1 to an 09 auto V2 but welcome aboard. I had both cars for about a year and I thought of the V1 as a muscle car. But, I still miss my V1 for that reason and wish I never sold it.

Maybe there's a V2 to V1 club?

dqw1
10-24-12, 06:12 PM
I think there's enough of us here to be a club.

MSOsr
10-25-12, 09:32 PM
2005 V1 Black to 2011 Thunder Gray coupe auto.....love them both, but the coupe is so much nicer with the saffron/black recaros and black sapele trim. :worship: Oh...also 156 more horses!

Mike

rekctsv
10-25-12, 11:39 PM
rekctsv.
The picture off your cars could have been mine.
I switched from V1 to V2 as well except I didn't wait as long as you did.
I got my V2 in 2009.
Still love it.
Let the mods begin.
Funny thing is, I kept telling myself there wasnt enough difference to justify upgrading to a V2. Boy was I wrong, now I wish I had done it atleast by 2010 at the latest.

It's been about a week now and I'm not missing the V1 much these days. No way I could turn back now!

2005 V1 Black to 2011 Thunder Gray coupe auto.....love them both, but the coupe is so much nicer with the saffron/black recaros and black sapele trim. :worship: Oh...also 156 more horses!

Mike
I didnt have many mods to the V1 so the extra 156 hp is great. I always wanted that pin you back in the sit acceleration and the V2 has it.
My wife is one of the people that doesnt ride the roller coasters at amusement parks, weak stomach. Whenever I accelerate with her in the V2, near WOT, she reacts like she is on a roller coaster. It's hilarious and she never did that in 6 years with the V1.
This morning I got into the throttle taking my 13 year old daughter to school. She never made a sound, but I glanced over and all I saw was teeth and braces she was smiling so hard. This car is awesome!

kehock
10-26-12, 08:48 AM
i went from a '05 black v1 to a '08 black sts-v to a '12 silver v2. all 3 cars were/are great. being an old muscle car guy from way back (66 gto, 70 442 w30) the v1 was like going back in time, albeit with quite a bit more luxury. the manual tranny, the axel hop, etc were all a blast from the past. i would have loved to have kept the gto and the 442 and, likewise, the v1 but didn't and couldn't. the v2 is far and away the best car i've ever owned. can't wait for the v3!!

enjoy your car and it sounds like you're kids are equally thrilled. mine, adults now, often comment on the great cars that we had while they were growing up (they were too late for the early muscle cars) and every now and then i let them drive the caddy :yup:.

Bigron
10-26-12, 10:30 AM
rekctsv if you need a bigger smile throw an airraid on. I've found that to be a great mod. Inexpensive and adds the noise/attitidue that I was missing from my V1.

rekctsv
10-26-12, 10:31 PM
rekctsv if you need a bigger smile throw an airraid on. I've found that to be a great mod. Inexpensive and adds the noise/attitidue that I was missing from my V1.
Will I have a hard time getting warranty work done with the Airraid?

I didn't mod the V1 until after the warranty was up.

Mike02z
10-26-12, 11:08 PM
Will I have a hard time getting warranty work done with the Airraid?

No you should not. If you had an issue with something break related to the Airraid, that would most likely not be covered. They can't void any other part of your warranty for an aftermarket air intake. Well, maybe if you mis installed in and sucked a bird into the engine:)

It is worth it if just for the extra whine and rush of air you hear when you go WOT.

Bigron
10-27-12, 01:18 AM
Takes 30 mins to reverse and shouldn't cause any warranty issues.

tdyguy2k
10-27-12, 01:48 AM
Welcome to the club. I traded my 05 stealth grey V for a brand new 12 black diamond back in June. Last November my wife bought a new Lariat F150 with all the bells and whistles that V1 didn't have and I was jealous, hence the trade. I couldn't be happier.