: new rims and tpms

is250sp
10-22-12, 06:42 PM
I am thinking of getting new rims but concern about the tpms. Are you guys re-using the factory ones or buying new ones? If new, do I need to go to the dealer for them to do something for it to work? Where are the best prices because its like $170 on ebay :(

alex08cts-di
10-22-12, 07:52 PM
Im pretty sure u can re-use the sensors from the stock wheels u might ne'er to buy aftermarket valve stems for the new wheels n tires that will allow u to.mount the sensors to that's what I did on.my sierra.so I'm guessing its the same

Rdecrane5
10-24-12, 08:30 AM
You can reuse them. You might have to buy the rebuild kit (around $8 each) they tend to tear as you remove them from the factory wheels.

rockryno
10-24-12, 09:40 PM
I reuse. I have a set of CTSV 19" wheels and tires for sale with TPMS already installed if youre interested. cheap!

is250sp
10-25-12, 01:27 PM
When reusing is it a diy or should a tire shop do it? If its diy, can someone post instructions?

mnbling
12-26-12, 01:21 AM
I reuse. I have a set of CTSV 19" wheels and tires for sale with TPMS already installed if youre interested. cheap!

Can you message me. Interested on how much for the rims and wheels, also the tread depth. Thanks.

Lowaird64
03-13-13, 02:02 PM
I can get brand new OEM Cadillac tpms for around $50 give or take. pm me for a great price!

Jagillac
03-13-13, 03:24 PM
You can reuse them, even the valve stem. You just have to be careful taking them out as my shop told me. They took them out of my 18s and easily put them in my new rims. A good shop should have no problem doing that.

Lowaird64
03-13-13, 03:43 PM
You can reuse them, even the valve stem. You just have to be careful taking them out as my shop told me. They took them out of my 18s and easily put them in my new rims. A good shop should have no problem doing that.

Yes you are correct they are reusable, but I see guys break them all the time so I was just letting everyone know that if they need them I can get them cheap. Thanx

Jagillac
03-13-13, 11:44 PM
Yes you are correct they are reusable, but I see guys break them all the time so I was just letting everyone know that if they need them I can get them cheap. Thanx

Ill keep that in mind. You never know when you'll need new ones. :-)

fmcmillan
03-17-13, 11:43 PM
I used my factory tpms on my new 20" wheels - dealer installed them for 80 bucks. They work fine

angelbones
03-18-13, 01:12 AM
I used my factory tpms on my new 20" wheels - dealer installed them for 80 bucks. They work fine

That's exactly what I did and I think for about the same price.