: Disappearing threads?

Benzilla
10-22-12, 01:44 PM
There are several threads noticed in the RWD froum that I can't find anymore. Nothing comes up in a search of keywords, when i look through my list of previous comments, tons of them are missing. It's like tons of threads with valuable information have vanished. Did I miss something?? Right in the middle of replacing a heater core, went looking through here for an old thread that I was going to use for referance, and I can't find it to save my life. What's going on?

Submariner409
10-22-12, 02:08 PM
To the best of my knowledge no threads have been removed from RWD. Open your profile and search your recent posts list. Try to google something like "cadillac forums rwd xxx xxxx xxxx xxxx" where xxxx is a bunch of keywords after the car model.

thebigjimsho
10-23-12, 09:54 AM
I would recommend using Google search to find something here anyway...

bigm57ict
10-23-12, 10:18 AM
:yeah: The search feature here does not seem to work very well

Just add "Cadillac Forums" to your search in Google

jayoldschool
10-25-12, 09:04 PM
Ben, no threads are gone. The search just isn't great.

hey8you
10-28-12, 12:14 AM
if you use yahoo(may work for other search engines) use "site:www.cadillacforums.com" and add your search terms. It will only search Cadillac forums.

site:www.cadillacforums.com RWD heater core
http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oGdWUZsIxQwmEAxHVXNyoA?p=site%3Awww. cadillacforums.com%20RWD%20heater%20core&fr2=sb-top&fr=yfp-t-701

Benzilla
11-05-12, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the tips. I was able to find the thread for the heater core I was looking for, and another old one I'd missed.

However, it's still quite an inconvenience that I can't even get a complete list of threads I've started myself, even looking in the user CP & searching for "threads started by Benzilla". That's the biggest problem. To the best of my knowledge, no external search engine can return results by original poster. Therefor, there are still things that I've posted; that I can't see; than can not be searched for.

Not to whine, but this is a problem. A *NEW* problem at that.. If anyone knows some workarounds not listed, that I don't know, please advise.

Thanks

talismandave
11-05-12, 02:15 PM
Ben, I was able to pull up 48 threads back to Oct. 08. Is that something you can't get or did you need further back?

Benzilla
11-05-12, 05:24 PM
I also get 48, going back to my first post. But there are randon threads started between then and now that are nowhere to be found without doing a custom external search of keywords. This includes a couple of pretty lengthy project threads. It's really weird.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-05-12, 06:08 PM
all us old guys are coming back

talismandave
11-05-12, 11:10 PM
Oh. I was hoping it was just a matter of having someone else pull them up if you couldn't. Oh well.