: turn signal not audible

turnerbend
10-22-12, 12:06 AM
The turn signal is not audible on my 05 STS. What would be the problem????

ddalder
10-22-12, 12:43 AM
The turn signal comes from the left speaker on the dash. Do you hear music or anything else from this location?

dkozloski
10-22-12, 01:24 AM
My hearing is so bad I had no idea that the turn signal made noise.

truckinman
10-22-12, 01:34 AM
Also, if I remember right, if your speaker is okay, there is a setting in your personal settings menu to turn the signal volume up and down. Could be all the way down if it can even be turned all the way down.

carter's_sts
10-22-12, 02:11 AM
Are you sure there is an adjustment for the signal level? I've never seen it. There is a level adjust for the voice for the Nav.

Ludacrisvp
10-22-12, 02:12 AM
It has two settings Normal and Loud, I believe this only affects the door chime, rather than the turn signal noise.
For what its worth the signal noise gets interrupted by the crash imminent warning.

ddalder
10-22-12, 02:17 AM
Most GM radios I've used will adjust both the turn signal tick and chime volume with this setting. Having said this, I can't recall if I've tried changing the STS or not. I know the Enclave has a very faint turn signal. When I changed the setting to loud, it fixed the turn signal tick but made all the other chimes unbearable.

curtc
10-22-12, 05:09 AM
It has two settings Normal and Loud, I believe this only affects the door chime, rather than the turn signal noise.
For what its worth the signal noise gets interrupted by the crash imminent warning.

The setting affects the turn signal tick too...normal is good, loud isn't tolerable, lol.

burkewm
10-22-12, 09:28 AM
I accidentally turned it to loud once when I was messing with the settings, I had to immediately turn it off and fix at the next stop sign it was so obnoxious.

curtc
10-22-12, 02:40 PM
I accidentally turned it to loud once when I was messing with the settings, I had to immediately turn it off and fix at the next stop sign it was so obnoxious.

100% agree, that's for those hard of hearing customers :)