: Bad day for lac

jojo5003
10-21-12, 03:25 PM
Okay guys been a member for awhile but haven't post. But I have an issue. Was driving cross country with the easy doing well when I notice a clunk from underneath, thought it was the tranny. Check and looked fine, so kept on driving. Remember the forum and heard about motor mount going bad. Had my son put in drive hold the brake and seen the left side of the motor lift. I think this is really B.S. 70k truck that motor mounts go bad at 85000 miles. I am the original owner and always treated my baby with respect. Any advice what to do, I think gm should do something cause I have owned plenty of cars and never had a motor mount break. So pleaese give me some guidance. Oh it's all wheel drive also.:suspect::suspect:

evois
10-21-12, 03:37 PM
powertrain is 100k miles. it should be covered.

jojo5003
10-23-12, 03:31 AM
Well just found out that I am out of warranty and this going to cost. GM needs to fix this issue. I wonder how many others guys have had this problem?

hannity
10-23-12, 05:27 AM
Well just found out that I am out of warranty and this going to cost. GM needs to fix this issue. I wonder how many others guys have had this problem?

That should be included in the 100k mile powertrain warranty. If they don't want to cover it go to another service department. If you have only 85k miles and are the original owner you are covered.

hcvone
10-23-12, 07:35 AM
That should be included in the 100k mile powertrain warranty. If they don't want to cover it go to another service department. If you have only 85k miles and are the original owner you are covered.

He is probably out of warranty by date not miles. I would be surprised if your Caddy dealer doesn't work something out with you, if not get it done by a good shop it's not a hard job, and it's not real common that they break, I have not had an issue and I have had a dozen of these trucks

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-23-12, 03:54 PM
jojo5003,

If you had wanted for us to check into anything on this, please don't hesitate to contact us either via direct message or email (include your name and contact information as well as the last 8 digits of your VIN).

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

Rustico
10-23-12, 08:06 PM
The motor mounts are weak on these trucks. I changed out both of them when I got the truck. Out of warranty the driver side one is hard to do.

krieghoff
10-24-12, 08:59 AM
I only have one question! What the hell is a lac?????

Rustico
10-24-12, 02:07 PM
Cadillac = cad-a-lac
Escalade = lets go get laid

jojo5003
10-25-12, 03:51 AM
Sorry guys been away for a while. But will check another dealer. Also i will send my vin so you can do some research.

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-25-12, 12:48 PM
Sorry guys been away for a while. But will check another dealer. Also i will send my vin so you can do some research.

Jojo, if you would like to send me your VIN, I wanted to let you know my email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com! I'm happy to explore your next steps with you.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service