: Remove Power Steering Pump?

normalicy
10-20-12, 09:25 PM
OK, I've pulled the battery & removed the upper radiator hose & I still can't see how that thing is going to come out between the battery tray (which appear permanent) & all the A/C plumbing. While I'm at it, I was hoping to swap in a new A/C compressor as well, but I've gotta say that I've never been so stumped on how to get a part out of a vehicle before.

normalicy
10-21-12, 12:45 AM
Never mind, I got it. I had to pull the pulley off, but it was locked on there tight even with the screws removed. Had to bang on it with an extension for a while & it finally popped off. Boy did the reservoir draining out make a mess (and I siphoned as much as I could out).

IvoryWhiteCatera
10-23-12, 12:30 AM
OK, I've pulled the battery & removed the upper radiator hose & I still can't see how that thing is going to come out between the battery tray (which appear permanent) & all the A/C plumbing. While I'm at it, I was hoping to swap in a new A/C compressor as well, but I've gotta say that I've never been so stumped on how to get a part out of a vehicle before.

For the AC compressor, I recommend taking out the intake piping (the plastic ones) and remove it from the top. To remove the hoses from the AC comp, you need like 10 extensions.

normalicy
10-23-12, 02:08 AM
Thanks for the advice. I actually just finished that last night. If only removing high-low block on the compressor was as easy as the rest. I ended up getting it out from underneath just barely. Otherwise, yeah, there's a ton of piping to remove to get it out through the top. The bear was getting the new one mounted back in. Had to have a friend tighten the bolt on the high-low block while I held it in place from underneath.

jupiter57
10-23-12, 12:02 PM
For the AC compressor, I recommend taking out the intake piping (the plastic ones) and remove it from the top. To remove the hoses from the AC comp, you need like 10 extensions.

I found a tip here wherein if you loosen the driver side motor mount & jack up that side of the engine, it will make removing that one bolt on top of the compressor, to the line, MUCH easier.
I did just that, loosened the nut almost all the way, then the engine will only raise about an inch, but that inch makes all the difference topside when removing that bolt.