: Women don't get it!

SupaFly
10-19-12, 04:20 PM
THIS IS A RANT! After studying the parking lot, I choose a spot for my car. After being in the store for three minutes, I went to the window to check up on it. I had to look twice. I BARELY COULD SEE MY CAR BECAUSE SOME IDIOT HAD TO PARK NEXT TO ME! I went to inspect for any door dings. Nothing was there. I checked out the person's car. The seat was all the way forward and a lot of junk hanging on the rear view mirror. OF COURSE IT WAS A WOMAN! MIND YOU THERE WERE PLENTY OF SPOTS NEARBY!

I moved the car, taking two spots and went back in the store. When I got back in the car, someone parked next to me, ANOTHER woman. She was staring at me, annoyed that I took two spots. If I didn't have someone in my car with me, the situation would have ended differently.

WOMEN DON'T GET IT! I'M PARKING A CERTAIN WAY AND IN A CERTAIN LOCATION BECAUSE I DO NOT WANT ANYONE NEXT TO ME!

Rolex
10-19-12, 04:31 PM
Hey Supa glad to see you still checking in here. You are truly a car guy.

I hate it when people take up two spots. :)

SupaFly
10-19-12, 04:34 PM
Yes, I'm still around. I saw an old thread recently with Ralph...don't know if you remember him. It was hilarious.

Rolex
10-19-12, 04:36 PM
Who could forget Ralph? :)

SupaFly
10-19-12, 04:40 PM
LOL What happened to him? I have a picture that he cropped with his head next to mine. I LAUGH EVERY TIME I SEE IT.

truckinman
10-19-12, 05:06 PM
See, I'm the kinda guy who will be an ass and park REAL close to the guy taking two spots just to piss him off

Kev
10-19-12, 05:11 PM
When I want to keep my car away from the rabble, I park in the most remote spot I can find. Lord knows I need the excercise anyway!

:coffee:

Jesda
10-19-12, 05:13 PM
Ralph checks in from time to time. He apparently ditched his PC for an iPad?

I don't even wash my cars anymore, so I park on the lawn.

orconn
10-19-12, 05:36 PM
I don't get too unsettled about people who take two parking spots .... as long as they are parked far from the entrance and the two spots aren't "Handicapped" parking spots. While parking lot dings are annoying they are just part of the cost of using public parking lots and other subsidized free services provided to all socio-economic groups!

truckinman
10-19-12, 05:43 PM
I don't get too unsettled about people who take two parking spots .... as long as they are parked far from the entrance and the two spots aren't "Handicapped" parking spots. While parking lot dings are annoying they are just part of the cost of using public parking lots and other subsidized free services provided to all socio-economic groups!

I agree. Long as they are far enough away from building, I don't mind the two spot thing. But when mixed in with the crowd or in a small restaurant parking lot, annoying.

orconn
10-19-12, 05:48 PM
^^^ disrespectful of the other patrons and the proprietors of the restaurant or other establishment. But all too typical of the self centered, obnoxious little punks (of both sexes) that our families have been producing for the last thirty years (at least)!

CadillacLuke24
10-19-12, 06:18 PM
I hear ya Supafly. I park in the boonies just so I will be left alone. I HATE door dings.

SupaFly
10-19-12, 06:40 PM
I didn't park close to the entrance at all. This is why it infuriatates me. I don't want to be near anyone when I park. I'll walk if it means I won't get door dings or find a shopping cart bumped next my door. If I'm with someone, I drop them off at the entrance.

----------

I hear ya Supafly. I park in the boonies just so I will be left alone. I HATE door dings.

You cannot imagine what I see where I live. ZERO respect for anyone's property.

ShapeShifter
10-19-12, 06:43 PM
I also park far out in the south forty and within one space. Oftentimes to return to see someone has parked in the space next to me, while others will deliberately parked over the lines to get really close when numerous spaces are available.

The first ones described usually do so to protect at least one side of their cars from damage, the later are those who are inconsiderate a$$es, and do so purely because they're jealous. So unfortunate that we make contact with these dumbasses! Oh, it's not just a woman thing either.

Jesda
10-19-12, 08:50 PM

Brooklyn? Been there, can imagine. Not the most car-friendly place in the country.

Jesda
10-19-12, 08:50 PM

Brooklyn? Been there, can imagine. Not the most car-friendly place in the country.

Ranger
10-19-12, 10:56 PM
I too park in the remote corners (when I can), but taking two spots can end up being counter productive.

CadillacLuke24
10-20-12, 02:06 AM
You parked away from the entrance? WTF?

I love the spots in the parking garage at the hospital. REALLY WIDE and if you park dead center, no door dings!

talismandave
10-20-12, 02:45 AM
I too park in the remote corners (when I can), but taking two spots can end up being counter productive.

I have heard too many horror stories about people who did that only to come out and find their car keyed by someone who didn't approve of it.

I go to a sub shop in very busy office complex with a popular restaurant where they have 5 parking spots reserved for the sub shop. I am used to walking far to get to it. The other day I went and as I pulled in I saw a spot in front open. When I got to it I found the truck next to it had its rear tire over the line into the open stall about a foot.:arghh: So I ended up a block away.

What happened next I hate to admit. I am not like this, and was sorry I did it as soon as I had.:nono:

While waiting for my sub next to condiments I spied the Mayo packets. I picked one up, and tore just the smallest bit off one corner. As I walked past the drivers door on the way to my car, I accidentally held on to it a little too tight...did I mention the truck was black?:devil:

Rolex
10-20-12, 08:55 AM
I have heard too many horror stories about people who did that only to come out and find their car keyed by someone who didn't approve of it.

I go to a sub shop in very busy office complex with a popular restaurant where they have 5 parking spots reserved for the sub shop. I am used to walking far to get to it. The other day I went and as I pulled in I saw a spot in front open. When I got to it I found the truck next to it had its rear tire over the line into the open stall about a foot.:arghh: So I ended up a block away.

What happened next I hate to admit. I am not like this, and was sorry I did it as soon as I had.:nono:

While waiting for my sub next to condiments I spied the Mayo packets. I picked one up, and tore just the smallest bit off one corner. As I walked past the drivers door on the way to my car, I accidentally held on to it a little too tight...did I mention the truck was black?:devil:

Not bad revenge, and justified. I could not abide by keying someone's car or cutting a tire.

A little mayo applied behind the door handle would have been more deviant. :)

truckinman
10-20-12, 09:10 AM
That is AWESOME Dave!! I love it! I'd have been furious as well

talismandave
10-20-12, 08:53 PM
A little mayo applied behind the door handle would have been more deviant. :)

...large windows facing truck, but good idea otherwise.

Thanks for the support, but I still don't feel right about it. I hate cowards who mess with others cars instead of confronting them, and now I've become one. What's done is done though.

orconn
10-20-12, 09:18 PM
Yes, Dave I agree .... direct confrontation is far more satisfying! I would particuarly like to leap on the guy' s hood in my Brooks Brothers pinstripes and snarl, with foam dripping from the corners of my mouth, "park your F...ing truck properly you moron!"

Letting my pet baboon sit in his driver's seat also would relieve some of the tension too!

But if the guy is really big and armed to the teeth, maybe a mayonaise of the door handle will do!

talismandave
10-20-12, 10:07 PM
My only consolation is that I have in the past confronted people over the same situation. I would have gladly held my mayo and given him a piece of my mind had he showed up.
I was raised to avoid confrontation at all cost. To keep the high road and let others make themselves look bad in their behavior against mine. As a result I was pushed around my whole life as a result.
At about 23 or so I decided I had enough. I will step to anyone, of any size, and any age, without regard for my own safety.
Some day that will be my undoing in one way or another, but I will not be pushed around again.

truckinman
10-20-12, 11:02 PM
Saw a Sanata Hybrid today at the store. Was maybe 5 spots from the front and he was parked, diagonally, in 2 spots. Annoyed the hell outa me. There were TONS of empty spaces further away.

orconn
10-20-12, 11:48 PM
" I'm gonna save the planet! .... I'm pree-valiged!" My teachers and my mommy told me so!

truckinman
10-21-12, 12:08 AM
My only consolation is that I have in the past confronted people over the same situation. I would have gladly held my mayo and given him a piece of my mind had he showed up.
I was raised to avoid confrontation at all cost. To keep the high road and let others make themselves look bad in their behavior against mine. As a result I was pushed around my whole life as a result.
At about 23 or so I decided I had enough. I will step to anyone, of any size, and any age, without regard for my own safety.
Some day that will be my undoing in one way or another, but I will not be pushed around again.

I agree dave. I don't allow people to push me around either. I use to when I was afraid of what COULD happen. But I've found most who try and push me around are just cowards. And when confronted, back away with their tail between their legs.

I remember one day I was at a truck pull with a good friend. There was this girl I was talking to in the row of bleachers in front of me. (long time b4 I met Chrissy). I was drinking a bit, as any redneck will do at a truck pull. Lol. I think I drank a whole 12 pack in an hr. Lol. Anyway, the guy next to me basically started making fun of my weight and started talking to the girl. I decides, ok, what ever I really don't care. Well after the girl left, I heard his buddy say something to him about me, calling me some dumb ass name relating to y my weight, yet HE was bigger than me. So I looked straight at him and said "who the f%^k are YOU calling such n such"? He looks at me and goes "what you say boy?". I told him he heard me just fine. He then goes "how would you like a little fist to face action?". Lol.

We were sitting about 30 feet high in the bleachers right by the edge fence and I told him "how would you like a little fat ass over the fence straight to the ground action?". His buddy right beside me who started talking to the girl chimes in and says "you don't wanna f^%k with us boy!". I looked him dead in the eye and said I just did, what you gonna do about it? 1 min later, they got up and left.

CadillacLuke24
10-21-12, 01:32 AM
:lol: Dave's comment about us being separated at birth in the weight loss thread is all to true!!

In high school I was really naive and really nice. I was a figurative punching bag. Got sick of that.

Nowadays' I'm blunt and to the point. Not rude, but firm.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-21-12, 10:22 AM
I was at a Best Buy years ago and I remember seeing some ghetto bitch double park a beat up old LeSabre across two parking spots. So what did I do? Found a piece of paper in my car, wrote "nice park job, moron" on it and stuck it under their windshield wiper.

Rolex
10-21-12, 11:00 AM
I was at a Best Buy years ago and I remember seeing some ghetto bitch double park a beat up old LeSabre across two parking spots. So what did I do? Found a piece of paper in my car, wrote "nice park job, moron" on it and stuck it under their windshield wiper.

Here's a site that will allow you to print off a kind note for those people:

http://www.youparklikeanA__HOLE.com/ (http://www.youparklikean*******.com/) You fill in the SS

Aron9000
10-22-12, 06:30 AM
Speaking of parking lots, I delibertly do not shop at Wal-Mart because of the errant carts in their parking lot and all the white trash that park there. Even parking in the back 40, an errant cart might come down the hill and smash your car.

The Kroger I normally go to I delibertly park at the top of the lot, because it slants downhill. Buggies aren't going to roll uphill and smash my car.

Kev
10-22-12, 11:57 AM
The Kroger I normally go to I delibertly park at the top of the lot, because it slants downhill. Buggies aren't going to roll uphill and smash my car.... so, when you return to your car and see a cart height scratch, you know that it was deliberate .....

I see what you're doing here ....

orconn
10-22-12, 01:08 PM
I don't shop at Walmart because I don't want to walk halfway to Timbuktu to get a few items. But I agree if the clientèle at Walmart bothers you try going to Costco ..... you get to walk just as far but the clientèle drive better cars! But like all things that offer a higher level of quality and exclusivity .... Costco requires an annual fee!

Kev
10-22-12, 06:26 PM
I don't shop at Walmart because I don't want to walk halfway to Timbuktu to get a few items. But I agree if the clientèle at Walmart bothers you try going to Costco ..... you get to walk just as far but the clientèle drive better cars! But like all things that offer a higher level of quality and exclusivity .... Costco requires an annual fee!Yes, indeed.
The parking spaces are just as tight as the Walmart parking lot but it's gratifying to know that the door ding damage is caused by better cars driven by a higher level of clientele .....

Playdrv4me
10-23-12, 05:28 AM
Northeast cars... They all include a built-in trip to the body-shop as soon as you get them home.

talismandave
10-23-12, 09:23 AM
:lol:

That reminds me of a joke we had when I first started selling cars. At the time a car loan was 48 months. A dealer in town was advertising new Le Car's for $99/mo. The joke was the payment book had 49 slips in it, the 49th being good for a free tow to the junk yard!