: Speed Limeter

sprink60
10-19-12, 12:16 AM
What is the speed that the standard Factory ECM Programming limits these vehicles to? I know that most SUV's top out at around 100 MPH as they come from the factory. After market programmers remove this limit.

I suspect that mine may have been altered because at times I have taken my 2005 ESV to 115 MPH for short periods of time and it is still accelerating. I have spoken to Law Enforcement officers that have Tahoes and Suburbans with 6.0 engines that top out at around :worship:145:worship: so I know what these Escalades are capable of. What do some of you experience as a "governed" top speed?

Understand that I am not advocating high speed driving nor pushing a vehicle beyond the safe limits of tire speed ratings, road and traffic conditions, etc.:tisk:

the cadillac man
10-19-12, 12:32 AM
What is the speed that the standard Factory ECM Programming limits these vehicles to? I know that most SUV's top out at around 100 MPH as they come from the factory. After market programmers remove this limit.

I suspect that mine may have been altered because at times I have taken my 2005 ESV to 115 MPH for short periods of time and it is still accelerating. I have spoken to Law Enforcement officers that have Tahoes and Suburbans with 6.0 engines that top out at around :worship:145:worship: so I know what these Escalades are capable of. What do some of you experience as a "governed" top speed?

Understand that I am not advocating high speed driving nor pushing a vehicle beyond the safe limits of tire speed ratings, road and traffic conditions, etc.:tisk:

I have wondered the same thing it kinda makes me wish there was a track close to me to try this given that the Tahoe's top out at 145 our caddies may or may not be higher
I have had mine up to 100 once (I didn't realize it) on the interstate and still had plenty of pedal left trust me at that speed the truck felt floaty and didn't even fell as a 3 ton truck based SUV but I still had great control(just don't make sudden wheel movements as it will lead to a wreck)

sprink60
10-19-12, 12:53 AM
It only makes sense to not make any sudden moves at triple digit speeds...understanding Newton's First Law of motion, etc.

I have nephews that are officers in the Marine Corps. stationed in the Middle East...one of which occasionally does security driving for US Government officials when they visit the area. One of the rules is that they travel in groups and run Suburbans, Yukons and Escalades at speeds in excess of 135~140 MPH for many miles at a time...the theory being that a target moving at high speed is harder to hit. The vehicles that are "in country" for official use are set up for high speed use and are equipped with High Speed "run-flat" tires and heavy suspensions. Both of them added that every one of the big black SUV's that we have available or are flown in with officials have full twin exhaust and will run on regular leaded gasoline They tell me that the "G" doesn't put 20" ~22" chrome wheels on these and that they run 18" black rims with "Dog Food Bowl" hub caps...nothing fancy. :thumbsup:

the cadillac man
10-19-12, 02:04 AM
It only makes sense to not make any sudden moves at triple digit speeds...understanding Newton's First Law of motion, etc.

I have nephews that are officers in the Marine Corps. stationed in the Middle East...one of which occasionally does security driving for US Government officials when they visit the area. One of the rules is that they travel in groups and run Suburbans, Yukons and Escalades at speeds in excess of 135~140 MPH for many miles at a time...the theory being that a target moving at high speed is harder to hit. The vehicles that are "in country" for official use are set up for high speed use and are equipped with High Speed "run-flat" tires and heavy suspensions. Both of them added that every one of the big black SUV's that we have available or are flown in with officials have full twin exhaust and will run on regular leaded gasoline They tell me that the "G" doesn't put 20" ~22" chrome wheels on these and that they run 18" black rims with "Dog Food Bowl" hub caps...nothing fancy. :thumbsup:

The package that those rims come with is the police package my uncle worked at gm(I think my caddy has the police package brakes as it stops a lot quicker then most expect) ps it was a fleet specced truck