: 2007 Esv hot air

djlex
10-18-12, 07:13 PM
HEllo,

I have a problem with my car. During summer, my climate stopped blowing cold air, even though it was very hot outside, and the tem setting were on low.
I thought i was out of refrigerant, which i actually was. I refilled the siste, but after a month or less, same problem...

Is there a way to find the leak? I suppose there is one, since the system emptyed in less than a month... Anyone had this issue? Any advice where to look first? I hope the leak isn t inside the car, since rmoving the dash to get to the ducts is a major pain! Or could it be a faulty heater/evap door? (experienced this with Lincoln navigator). I was thinking of refilling again to make sure the gas is lost...

Help appreciated.

Thank you!

anhandrew
10-19-12, 10:10 AM
The auto store sells dye for leak detection. I would try that. I think they even sell sealant that goes in the system.

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-19-12, 04:53 PM
DJlex, I'm sorry to hear about your concerns! If you would like further assistance along the way, I found the Cadillac Customer Service team near you. Cadillac Romania is reachable via phone at 0046-8680 8854 and their email is cadillac.europe@gm.com.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

kazza93203
10-21-12, 12:01 AM
HEllo,

I have a problem with my car. During summer, my climate stopped blowing cold air, even though it was very hot outside, and the tem setting were on low.
I thought i was out of refrigerant, which i actually was. I refilled the siste, but after a month or less, same problem...

Is there a way to find the leak? I suppose there is one, since the system emptyed in less than a month... Anyone had this issue? Any advice where to look first? I hope the leak isn t inside the car, since rmoving the dash to get to the ducts is a major pain! Or could it be a faulty heater/evap door? (experienced this with Lincoln navigator). I was thinking of refilling again to make sure the gas is lost...

Help appreciated.

Thank you!

Yes they sell some dye you add to the system. Since its leaking you shouldn't have a lot of pressure in your lines, so just add some dye. Refill and look for leaks using a UV light. Find the leak, replace the o ring (usually the problem) and your done. Unless you want to make a appointment with Katie and pay over 400 to do the same. Choice is yours.