: Eibach Spring Install tomorrow quick Q

Bubba Ho-Tep
10-18-12, 12:35 PM
I'm getting my Eibach installed on my '12 V-Coupe tomorrow. Did a ton of searching around and reading and found some people experience squeaking after the install which can be remedied by NOT re-installing the dust caps and cutting the bump stops. Is this for the front, rear, or both?

Also I couldn't find any posts or mentions about anything needing to be done about the Mag Ride- do you just install the springs as you would on a normal car w/o mag ride? In other words nothing special needing to be done in that respect? Thanks in advance!

larry arizona
10-18-12, 12:58 PM
remove dust caps and trim bumpstop on fronts only, no need to modify magnetic ride rods.

Stillborn
10-18-12, 04:47 PM
do make sure that said mrc rods are in tact properly (fronts only) after install is complete. if you get a dic reading you'll know why.
btw, you'll want to do the 5" cut off the fronts for a slight rake. otherwise it will be flush and look alittle awkward. personal preference
but should be addressed before the install.

DRL650
10-18-12, 04:50 PM
What are you useing for a jack? And where are you jacking from? Thanks.

larry arizona
10-18-12, 05:07 PM
+1 on a 5 inch coil cut on top of front springs!!!!!!

Bubba Ho-Tep
10-18-12, 05:22 PM
[/COLOR]
do make sure that said mrc rods are in tact properly (fronts only) after install is complete. if you get a dic reading you'll know why.
btw, you'll want to do the 5" cut off the fronts for a slight rake. otherwise it will be flush and look alittle awkward. personal preference
but should be addressed before the install.

I'm assuming my installer will know what to look for. They are a high end performance shop but specialize in BMWs. I had all of my 335xi work done there.

Regarding cutting the front springs- I see that is hugely popular. If not and it's "flush" what does that mean- same height in front and back?

larry arizona
10-18-12, 06:31 PM
if you dont cut the front springs you will have the dreaded "droopy ass" effect. Rear will sit slightly lower than the front. Cut 5" off the top coil of the fronts and its PERFECT.

----------

Also unless your shop is familiar with the V they will not know what the magnetic ride suspension is all about. Just pop one end of the rod off and make sure you sanp them back on. Very easy. If you drop the a arm without unhooking the MR rods it could yank on the MR solenoids.