: Motor-trend gets misty-eyed; longterm Vagon assessment

M5eater
10-18-12, 10:24 AM
summary;

To recap my year with the Caddy wagon: I smiled every time I walked out to my driveway. I laughed every time I saw the range meter indicate there were 99 miles left with half a tank of fuel. I loved every single full-throttle downshift, each of which felt as if the car was getting slapped in the butt by a big shovel. I marveled at the fact that we returned the car to Cadillac with 36,457 miles on the odo and not one single mechanical thing had gone wrong. And when it left, I became misty-eyed. Because not only was the Cadillac CTS-V Sport Wagon gone from our fleet, but I knew that gas-guzzling supercharged sledgehammer station wagons with row-your-own gears are simply not coming back. Fare-thee-well, sweet king

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/oneyear/wagons/1212_2011_cadillac_cts_v_sport_wagon_verdict/viewall.html#ixzz29f1UdjpY

McGuffy
10-18-12, 10:50 AM
Pretty much every professional reviewer has sung the V2's praises in all of its forms. A minor gripe about fit and finish here and there, but overall the consensus is that the car is a certified grin-inducing machine. I'm inclined to agree.

M5eater
10-18-12, 10:59 AM
Pretty much every professional reviewer has sung the V2's praises in all of its forms. A minor gripe about fit and finish here and there, but overall the consensus is that the car is a certified grin-inducing machine. I'm inclined to agree.

get's me all teared up and wanting a vagon myself just reading it.

neuronbob
10-18-12, 12:16 PM
I found a used 12 6MT Vagon close to me. I keep dreaming about it. I am probably going to pull the trigger and trade my V sedan for it, then daily drive it, even during the winter....just like my sedan. Posts like this don't help. :)

Xaqtly
10-18-12, 02:06 PM
one of us
one of us

smackdownCTSV
10-18-12, 02:47 PM
Did they really rotate the tires?

neuronbob
10-18-12, 04:52 PM
I noticed that, too. When I go to the dealer for service, I always request a) NO car wash please and b) PLEASE don't rotate my tires. :)

dennych
10-18-12, 07:25 PM
"I laughed every time I saw the range meter indicate there were 99 miles left with half a tank of fuel."
this

IBMike
10-19-12, 05:11 AM
36k miles in a year and I'm guessing he didn't have to pay for gas... When I die and go to heaven, I want his job!

mkiiina
10-19-12, 09:52 AM
/\ remember he had to give it back in the end. I'll take the added cost of gas to keep to keep it for longer.

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-22-12, 02:21 PM
M5eater, thanks for posting the review! :cool2: Glad to see everyone's Vagon enthusiasm here!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service