: Cadillac's New CUE

Remlap
10-18-12, 09:36 AM
Just a quick question to find out if anyone has heard or knows if the new CUE (http://www.cadillac.com/cadillac-cue.html) will be available for older models to upgrade to? While I like what I have now, I'd love to move to the newer functionality and usage.

M5eater
10-18-12, 11:05 AM
No.

Never.

Ever.

You would have to make fundamental changes to the entire HVAC, infotainment and center cluster.

ie. Everything eletrical in the interior.

Remlap
10-18-12, 11:30 AM
The more I looked at it, the more I can see you are right and how hard it would be.

It's not a simple UI upgrade, unfortunately. That would be nice one day though.

dennych
10-18-12, 11:35 AM
I would take the improved screen in cue. Ditch the annoying capacitive buttons

mkiiina
10-18-12, 11:36 AM
After using it at the State Fair of TX they can keep it. While I'm glad they are trying to move forward it really wasn't that great a step up. I do like the "confirmation" vibration when you touch an item but it was extremely unresponsive. Hopefully the CUE was just suffering from everyone mashing their fingers on it.

dennych
10-18-12, 04:04 PM
After using it at the State Fair of TX they can keep it. While I'm glad they are trying to move forward it really wasn't that great a step up. I do like the "confirmation" vibration when you touch an item but it was extremely unresponsive. Hopefully the CUE was just suffering from everyone mashing their fingers on it.

The Cue system definitely needs some refining. It showed great promise in development.

khoeysr
10-19-12, 11:42 AM
Installation is fairly simple, although pricey.

Remove you vehicle, install any 2013 XTS or ATS.

smiley47
10-19-12, 01:42 PM
Likely in the next gen 2014 CTS and CTS-V. I've played with it and my perception was that the "cool" would wear off pretty quickly.

FLTRI
10-19-12, 01:49 PM
I looked at one in an XTS at the dealership. The first thing that came to mind was when I saw my first 1984 Corvette. All black dash that comes to life when you start it. It was super high tech in 1984, but was phased out by 1990 when folks realized analog was a better system. It was also buggy as hell, and very expensive to fix when it failed.

Granted, it was stone age tech compared to CUE, but I still prefer good old needles swinging clockwise when I press firmly with my right foot. Just the way my Luddite mind works...

nynd
10-19-12, 07:14 PM
It seems nicer than the current "dated" gen Nav in the V. Retrofit will be difficult so best to buy it already installed as a vehicle option, especially if your spending this serious amount of coin.

dennych
10-19-12, 07:27 PM
fingerprints and glare are my primary concerns for the screen.

MikeG-V
10-19-12, 07:39 PM
I don't think I have seen any car manufacturer ever given any downward compatibility to any major feature offered on a new car. Please do not consider me an expert in this area, but from a business perspective, this would not make sense. I am sorry to say, it's better to look more foreword than the car builders. M

Jinx
10-20-12, 02:45 AM
Likely in the next gen 2014 CTS and CTS-V. I've played with it and my perception was that the "cool" would wear off pretty quickly.

Like before you'll be able to buy a next gen CTS?

JFJr
10-20-12, 06:18 PM
Unless the voice recognition as a lot better and the commands are more simplified and intuitive, CUE will need evolution like iDrive to become useful. Also, Cadillac needs to get something as good as the TR 6060 in the manual non-V versions to erase one criticism of the ATS. This is one incidence where waiting a year is probably a good thing.

Jud

simgolfer
10-20-12, 08:57 PM
Just drove the ATS with CUE at auto show. Despite being computer/smartphone/tablet saavy, the learning curve and distraction while the vehicle is moving is very high. And there are at least twice as many steering wheel buttons to decipher too. Much like MyFordTouch and iDrive or even the iPhone, wait for gen 2 or 3. Glad XTS and ATS consumers will work out the bugs.

thebigjimsho
10-24-12, 10:41 AM
I'm not a computer wiz by any means. I've got gadgets but am self taught. I got CUE fairly quickly. And inputting by voice is excellent.

I use my phones a lot. Whenever I get a new one, I'm out of sorts and short tempered. After a few days, everything is second natured. None of you complainers have spent anything more than a few minutes.

Quit yur bitchin.