Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Lighting Question

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  CaddiLukKing 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I tried searching the forum but I did not find anything that would help me or maybe i just over looked it but...All of a sudden my entry lights do not come on when I open the door or use the keyless remote to unlock it. I'm talking the back seat lights and the overhead lights as well. They do not come on when I pull out the key also but if you hit them individually they all work...Did i turn this function off by mistake? I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but trust me I'm trying to learn!!! it's getting dark in the AM when we go to work and my kids cant see a thing!!!

I have a Cadilllac DTS 2006...

Thanks,

Jon:suspense:

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum, Jon! Have you had a chance to check your owners manual for details yet? Since the entry lighting system uses the light sensor, it must be dark outside in order for your courtesy lamps to turn on. The courtesy lamps should dim to off if the ignition key is turned to RUN, and I also see the courtesy lamps immediately deactivate if the power locks are activated. (For more details, check out page 3-36 of your owners manual!)

If you have any lingering questions, please let us know! I'm also reachable via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

#3 ·
Jon's lighting problem sounds like the reverse of a lighting problem a friend is having with his '07 DTS. He says that all the interior lights stay on at night and that he can't turn them off. Wants me to check it out tommorow. I told him That I really don't know what is causing this to occur, could be a light sensor ? possibly, or even a control circuit. Don't know and can use all the help I can get. Will let everyone know the answer once I do. Thanks, Marty

#4 ·
Marty,

The first thing I would check is the little knob by the trunk opener button on the left side of the dash.
The little knob controls the brightness of the dash lights and if it is turned all the way to the right, it turns on all of the inside lights.

When you get out of the car, the computer will turn them off after ten minutes... but when you turn the ignition on again, they will come back on.

Texas Jim

#11 ·
both of mine went out a while back... god forbid if my headlight would go out thats when i will replace both sides and all three bulbs on each side..i think they are more for esthetic look, than functionality... but i do know that if you have your headlights off and the fog lights on the little bulbs come on in the headlights for a more sophisticated look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.