: '11 coupe had a few issues at 8k

C5V2
10-17-12, 10:36 PM
My nav/entertainment unit went bad--while driving down to Denver, to the dealer I bought it from, to get it replaced, I started getting lots of warning lights & messages. One was service suspension, but I think near all the warning lights flashed at some point, I was driving through heavy traffic in Denver & a little too occupied to really check them out. Also the steering got a little squirrely, like may the power steering pump was going out. Turned out to be the steering module. Don Massey caddy replaced both the nav unit and the steering module. When the mechanic was test driving it he heard noise in the differential and advised me to get it checked out at my home town dealer--Halladay's in Cheyenne, WY. I did and they replaced the differential yesterday & I got it back today. Everything seems to be hunky-dory with car. Still the best car I've ever owned. Nothing but kudos for both dealerships

dennych
10-17-12, 10:52 PM
it's good to hear a positive ending!

1997BlackETC
10-17-12, 11:03 PM
It's shocking how many people are getting differentials replaced. Gotta be something to do with one of the vendors who makes parts for these or something?

dennych
10-18-12, 12:39 AM
It's shocking how many people are getting differentials replaced. Gotta be something to do with one of the vendors who makes parts for these or something?

I was thinking the same thing. That thread on this forum seems to be getting a unanimous response that there is something wrong with the diff.

1997BlackETC
10-18-12, 12:58 AM
I hope whatever it is they've fixed the problem for 2013's because I've got one of those on order. I had a 2012 and the rear end was getting more and more noisy after only 4K miles. When I first got the car it made no noise.

dennych
10-18-12, 01:01 AM
I hope whatever it is they've fixed the problem for 2013's because I've got one of those on order. I had a 2012 and the rear end was getting more and more noisy after only 4K miles. When I first got the car it made no noise.

Judging from discussions on the forum it didn't seem like It. I'd be worried if I was running out of warranty. one of the reasons I'm nervous to jump on a non CPO 2011.

thebigjimsho
10-24-12, 10:24 AM
I would bet many of these differentials only needed fluid replacement. And in this extreme of a car, a slight bit of diff noise is to be expected...