Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Differences between different CTS-V model years 2009+. (this needs to be a sticky)

12K views 37 replies 21 participants last post by  marktanner 
#1 · (Edited)
Had Rain Sense Wipers
Split Fender Air Vent
Optional NAV
Chicklet (Small GM badge affixed to the lower portion of the passenger and driver doors.)

No Rain Sense Wipers
Split Fender Air Vent
Std NAV

Rear View Camera
Open Fender Air Vent
Rear View Camera
Option to get graphite wheels/yellow calipers
Maintenance Package Standard
OnStar App
Std NAV

Open Fender Air Vent
Rain Sense Wipers
Rear View Camera
Cadillac written on the Trunk trim
OnStar App
Std NAV
blind spot warning (Coupe Only)
Faster Auto gear shifting (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...rent-cts-v-model-post3119345.html#post3119345)

Two Piece Rotors
Open Fender Air Vent
OnStar App
Std NAV
Cadillac written on the Trunk trim
Faster Auto gear shifting (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...rent-cts-v-model-post3119345.html#post3119345)
blind spot warning (Coupe Only)

Please add your suggestions i will try and keep this first entry up to date

See less See more
#6 ·
mehh.. the important context that's being missed is that there are no major mechanical or eletrical differences throughout the production line.

It's not like the germans where there are mid-model year refreshes to body panels, major infotainment system updates or avaliability of attractive options (like the sport-package for the M3's)

Where you might acutally want to research which MY to buy in particular to avoid expensive upgrades.

The biggest thing to happen to the V2 for the past 5 years are 2 piece rotors as standard, a rear view camera and free crappy oil changes.

It would be nice to have a list because I'm an anal categorizing bastard.. but for most people it's not relevent, and borring.

*yawn*

#30 ·
On the 2013 CTS-V Coupe there is no well in the trunk for a spare tire of any sort (full-size or reduced). There is a well of sorts but it is barely big enough for the air pump and goo dispenser that is provided. Since I have OnStar for both my vehicles (2009 Sedan and 2013 Coupe), I doubt that either pump will be used.

As far as the 2009 CTS-V is concerned, the Rainsense wipers were not an option. I didn't ask for them and they were not listed in options, but got them anyway. Same thing applies to the 2013 Coupe.

#36 ·
The maintenance package is included on the 2013 CTS-V Coupe (and I assume all Cadillacs beginning in 2011). I sent an e-mail to my salesman who verified it. It includes the oil change with synthetic oil, tire rotation every 7500, all filter changes including engine and passenger compartment, and multipoint inspections. This can be done at any Cadillac dealer during the 4-year 50,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty period.

#37 ·
I love how my local Cadillac sales person tried to claim his Cadillac dealership was the only one that gave free maintenance on the v's
All in all it's not the best selling point since it only adds up to few hundred. But it doesn't hurt.

Now to decide which service dealership in my area is the least shady...

#38 ·
A few other changes not previously noted. In 2009, V is on left side of trunk and CTS on the right; all other years are reversed, reading CTS V. Also, midnight Sapele wood trim became available at the end of the model year only, and the cloth on the door trim gained the perforations that the seats already had, so it matches completely, like current ones. Front LED footwell lighting disappeared during 2010 model year, but present in some early ones, per reports. Colors changed a bit from year to year, and Cashmere seat inserts were available on the standard seats only for 2009 and '10, but I think disappeared for '11 when Saffron Yellow inserts became available on the coupe. Finally. OnStar became smartphone compatible during 2010, I believe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.