: Kenwood DNX6990HD-Head unit volume problem...

chrischelle
10-17-12, 05:59 PM
Problem I have with Kenwood DNX6990HD head unit and Axxess GMOS-100 Adapter.
When the vehicle (2004 Escalade) is in motion, audio is at comfortable volume. At soon as vehicle stop at traffic light, sound suddenly goes up to extremely loud. Then it will come back to normal when wheels start rolling again.
Is there a wire I shouldn't connect?
Thank you in advance, for your time and help to solve this problem.

the cadillac man
10-17-12, 06:57 PM
Problem I have with Kenwood DNX6990HD head unit and Axxess GMOS-100 Adapter.
When the vehicle (2004 Escalade) is in motion, audio is at comfortable volume. At soon as vehicle stop at traffic light, sound suddenly goes up to extremely loud. Then it will come back to normal when wheels start rolling again.
Is there a wire I shouldn't connect?
Thank you in advance, for your time and help to solve this problem.

Did you tape all the wires?
It sounds as if there's a wire touching against another

chrischelle
10-17-12, 09:24 PM
All wires connected and taped good. I think there's is a wire which control volume by speed should be taped and should not connected with anything, but I don't know which one.

the cadillac man
10-17-12, 09:27 PM
All wires connected and taped good. I think there's is a wire which control volume by speed should be taped and should not connected with anything, but I don't know which one.

Is there a setting that turns it on and off
Do me a favor and post the brand and model of the radio and I will look up the Manuel to see if it has a setting for auto volume adjustment

Edit I looked up the manual and there is a highway sound setting in the audio settings check it to see if it is off
Also the radio interface should have a wiring diagram included(not sure)

Mark Edward Morrison
10-17-12, 09:30 PM
Chrischelle, check out this thread, it might shed some light on your problem:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/175469-how-install-double-din-aftermarket-head.html

chrischelle
10-17-12, 11:04 PM
Brand and Model:
Kenwood DNX6990HD

Axxess GMOS-100 Adapter.

----------

Thank you Mark, I checked out the thread. That gentleman,Cepman installed head unit with GMOS-04 adapter, I used GMOS-100. Therefore, wires connection weren't the same! Maybe wire labeled "MUTE" should be disconnected and taped. I will try to do it tomorrow and see how it does.

----------

Is there a setting that turns it on and off
Do me a favor and post the brand and model of the radio and I will look up the Manuel to see if it has a setting for auto volume adjustment

Edit I looked up the manual and there is a highway sound setting in the audio settings check it to see if it is off
Also the radio interface should have a wiring diagram included(not sure)

Thank you very much "the cadillac man" for helping me now and before.
I couldn't find highway setting in the audio setting. This Kenwood DNX6990HD doesn't have such setting.

----------

the cadillac man
10-17-12, 11:28 PM
Brand and Model:
Kenwood DNX6990HD

Axxess GMOS-100 Adapter.

----------

Thank you Mark, I checked out the thread. That gentleman,Cepman installed head unit with GMOS-04 adapter, I used GMOS-100. Therefore, wires connection weren't the same! Maybe wire labeled "MUTE" should be disconnected and taped. I will try to do it tomorrow and see how it does.

----------

Thank you very much "the cadillac man" for helping me now and before.
I couldn't find highway setting in the audio setting. This Kenwood DNX6990HD doesn't have such setting.

----------

That's not what the manual shows for that radio model.

chrischelle
10-18-12, 05:25 PM
That's not what the manual shows for that radio model.

You were looking at pg.100
"Highway sound setting" is for "DNX7XXX" model. My is "DNX6XXX" model.
Thanks for looking it up for me, but still no such setting I can find for this Kenwood model.

the cadillac man
10-18-12, 05:39 PM
You were looking at pg.100
"Highway sound setting" is for "DNX7XXX" model. My is "DNX6XXX" model.
Thanks for looking it up for me, but still no such setting I can find for this Kenwood model.

Oops my mistake but other then that I can't figure it out unless it is a defective radio or interface(yes it can happen)