: Suspension kit

tattoorific
10-17-12, 03:04 PM
What's the best kit to lower my 07 base awd with factory air suspension. Want at least a 2" in front and 3" in rear. Thanks.

anhandrew
10-17-12, 03:44 PM
I am doing the belltech as i have read from many members that it keeps the geometery up front with spindles as well as a good turning radius. I have changed out the rear and i can tell you the ride is about the same. My wife could not tell the difference in ride(does not even notice the rearend has been lowered 2".

tattoorific
10-17-12, 04:41 PM
Okay cool. That's what u was leaning toward. Thanks

tattoorific
10-17-12, 04:42 PM

BEarle
10-17-12, 09:19 PM
Does anyone have a problem with the ride? Mine rides like shit!

nixonride
10-17-12, 09:33 PM
I did bell tech on mine and once I got new tires I would say that the ride is damn near the same....I thought it was a little diminished at 1st but I think it just had to settle a bit and my tires were shot...I an pleased with mine...just wish the front was about 1/2" lower.

BEarle
10-18-12, 10:18 AM
Yeah my buddy's truck rides stock and he has the same kit as me. I don't know if it was installed wrong or it's the shocks I got no clue. I brought it to caddy because it's still on warranty to see if it was the shocks and they said no but they were pissed anyways because of the kit...

anhandrew
10-18-12, 10:26 AM
I changed out just the rear so far and the wife driven it a couple of days. I asked if the car acts different or road rough and she said no and asked if it did something to it. Just told here i tweaked the suspension. So my take is it should not affect your ride quality much. The easiest way to check your shocks in the back is when you just turn off the car give it 30 mins and see if the shocks still have air in it. I changed mine to the arnotts and the bladder stay firm even after 48 hours(can't stay out of it longer than 48 hours).

BEarle
10-18-12, 10:37 AM
Yeah my buddy's truck rides stock and he has the same kit as me. I don't know if it was installed wrong or it's the shocks I got no clue. I brought it to caddy because it's still on warranty to see if it was the shocks and they said no but they were pissed anyways because of the kit...

anhandrew
10-25-12, 10:49 AM
BEarle, check to see if your springs are installed in the right direction. Also did you use shock extenders or the short sensor rods? I still have the oem sensor rods in place and will change them out tonight.

BEarle
10-25-12, 11:23 AM
That's funny because when it was at Cadillac the service manager kept telling me to have the springs checked because the mechanics were telling him the rear springs weren't right at all. I didn't use shock extenders. I bent the link in the back to make the back drop lower to be even with the front.

K9Caddy
10-25-12, 11:47 AM
Bearle-

To drop the rear suspension, you just bent the rear link to make it even?? Just trying to understand how you did this and how you bent it, or to what degree??

anhandrew
10-25-12, 12:57 PM
My kit came with the shorter sensor rods that i have to change out. Riding as is with a 1" spacer on the driver side makes my ride 1/4" difference from driver to passenger side in the rear. I am now at a ride height of 36" driver side to 36-1/4" on the passenger side. Have not measured it with the car on. I need to drive it for few hundred miles to see if it settles some more.

K9Caddy
10-25-12, 01:34 PM
Can you just change out the sensor rods on the rear to drop it 2" or do you need to do springs as well?

anhandrew
10-25-12, 03:29 PM
I am not sure. My stock height was messed up with the leaning on the driver side so I had no idea what true stock height was. I have already installed the springs and it's a breeze. Only took an hour to do. You can do it one side at a time. Just remember to undo the sensor rod and abs line from the frame. I used two 3 ton jacks and two 6 ton jack stands.

My spring in the back installed have the numbers upright and the coils are compressed closer at the bottom. I verified that with belltech and they say that is correct.

BEarle
10-28-12, 12:18 PM
Has any of you Had your trucks aligned? The dealer told since it is lowered I can't.

MrHolland
10-28-12, 02:46 PM
Sounds like dealer simply doesn't want to align it for you, go to an independent shop and get it done!!:thumbsup:

BEarle
10-28-12, 04:24 PM
Yeah I thought it was weird because it's not like the alignment is covered under warranty, I'm paying for it.

turbocobra
11-14-12, 01:48 AM
Has any of you Had your trucks aligned? The dealer told since it is lowered I can't.

They are just being jerks. I recently used the McGuaghy's 2" front spindle drop and 3" rear. I then took it to the dealership and asked for an alignement and they did it no problem. I never mentioned I had it lowered and I dont think they even noticed.

baggedlvintegra
11-14-12, 09:16 AM
Belltech 2/3-4 Kit all the way! Sits perfect with the rear spacer in and autoride links set at 2 7/8"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/baggedLVintegra/20121029_173646.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/baggedLVintegra/20121029_173655.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/baggedLVintegra/NightPicFish-Eye.jpg

buy the kit here... http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=87 ....Tony has the BEST customer service I have EVER experienced, you can literally call/text him 24/7 for install help and questions....and it's the cheapest you will find the kit anywhere

MrHolland
11-14-12, 09:35 AM
Link doesn't work.

tattoorific
11-15-12, 09:44 PM
Worked for me. Think I might get it? You think it will be enough?