: Cadillac V-Series Performance Lab @ Palm Beach International Raceway, FL

Gst20psi
10-17-12, 02:43 PM
Anyone else going to this tomorrow morning session?
http://www.cadillacvserieslab.com/#*0

ClarkkentCTSV
10-17-12, 02:54 PM
I was originally going tomorrow afternoon until I was given some Miami Heat game tickets. So I ended up changing my session for Saturday afternoon. Have fun and post up your experience.

Gst20psi
10-17-12, 02:56 PM
Smart move :-) Thanks I sure will.
I was originally going tomorrow afternoon until I was given some Miami Heat game tickets. So I ended up changing my session for Saturday afternoon. Have fun and post up your experience.

cadillac94pimpin
10-17-12, 05:40 PM
Says invite only :confused:

Gst20psi
10-17-12, 05:43 PM
Yeah you had to sign up for it.
Says invite only :confused:

odla
10-18-12, 10:01 AM
ill be there sat second session also. Ill be bringing a gopro. I wonder if they will let me use it.

don'ctsvcoupe
10-18-12, 04:45 PM
I'll be there tomorrow for the afternoon session. Looking forward to it, was there two years ago, it was great!

V-Love
10-18-12, 05:36 PM
Just got back from PBIR aka Moroso. Its a very nice event that they put on. Very professional and informative too. Andy Pilgrim was chatting it up and was as nice as could be(as usual). Got to look over the CTS-VR #8 car. They had us sit through 3 or so classroom sessions put on by manufacturers(Brembo, Michelin). Recaro had a cutaway of their seat there. There were cutaways of the motor, supercharger, brakes, ect. I like that kind of stuff so I was pleased.
Of course I wanted more drive time but they set it up pretty good. We had a 4 cone slalom course, a full brake controlled turn utilizing ABS, a short drag race followed by a hard stop, and a few laps around a shortened version of the track.
My instructor had me braking way too early so I let him know and then he let me brake deeper but not deep enough. He said he wanted some brakes left for the afternoon crowd. They put cones on the apex's for proper lines and two on the straight where they wanted you to lift(that sucked and I ignored it). I got to do a no-lift shift which was cool as there were only 2 manuals in the group.
Thankyou to Cadillac and GM for putting on a class show.
No problem with the gopro. Mount the suction cup to the window. It fits on the helmet but its too high up and the view is of the interior mostly.
Oh yeah, we also drove the ATS. I like it a lot. Its is a lot lighter and you can feel it. Thats what we drove in the slalom and drag. It seems pretty "flickable". The ATS-V will be sick.

DRL650
10-18-12, 05:46 PM
Way cool. I hope to attend in the future.

ClarkkentCTSV
10-19-12, 12:03 AM
Cool, thanks for the detailed discription of the event! Did you see a lot of V's in the parking lot. I would love to get to use a 6speed for the event. Do they rotate the cars or do you use the same vehicle the whole time?

09SRT8
10-19-12, 03:03 AM
Thanks for the info, I'm going to the afternoon session on Friday. I've met Andy Pilgrim many times and he is very friendly and loves chating about the Caddy really nice person !!!

MikeG-V
10-19-12, 03:09 PM
Just got back. Pretty awesome. Fair amount of plugging the ATS. Learned quite a bit I didn't already know.

Got 2 laps in the coupe, 3 in the sedan and two drags/solums in the ATS. Loved going 125+ even though it was legal.

M

V-Love
10-19-12, 09:17 PM
Cool, thanks for the detailed discription of the event! Did you see a lot of V's in the parking lot. I would love to get to use a 6speed for the event. Do they rotate the cars or do you use the same vehicle the whole time?
Only about 3 V's in parking lot. You drive different cars. I finally drove an automatic. Not for me. It may switch faster but it cannot predict what gear to leave the turn at. I have to mash it and it takes a second to downshift. Maybe better for a straight but on the track, the manual is better.

elphil
10-19-12, 09:55 PM
Just like NASCAR, the Performance Lab show is due here in the Phoenix area Nov. 8th thru the 10th. I'm signed up for the Thursday morning session. Your description has me all jazzed.

09SRT8
10-19-12, 10:53 PM
Just got back from the afternoon session of the V-Lab in Palm Beach. It was a great time everyone was very friendly and staff was more than happy to answer any questions. V cars performed awesome plus I learned alot about the car and what it can do. Andy Pilgrim was great and more than happy to sign autographs or chat about the V's. They had two limited edition color V's they had at the tent prior to the start of the event. My favorite was the Stealth Blue and the Frost Silver both were pretty cool too. If you haven't gone dont miss the opportunity to go you won't be disappointed.

MikeG-V
10-20-12, 12:46 AM
Just got back from the afternoon session of the V-Lab in Palm Beach. It was a great time everyone was very friendly and staff was more than happy to answer any questions. V cars performed awesome plus I learned alot about the car and what it can do. Andy Pilgrim was great and more than happy to sign autographs or chat about the V's. They had two limited edition color V's they had at the tent prior to the start of the event. My favorite was the Stealth Blue and the Frost Silver both were pretty cool too. If you haven't gone dont miss the opportunity to go you won't be disappointed.

+1 same.

ClarkkentCTSV
10-20-12, 11:51 PM
Just got back from the V-Lab this afternoon and had an amazing time. I was very impressed with the entire event. The event was catered and had plenty of refreshments throughout the track. I was surprised how fast they let us go in the cars (125+mph)! We also test drove the new ATS. It is a very nice car and I will strongly consider a V version when it comes out. If you have not attended this event than your missing out. Anyone who owns a Cadillac should make it a point to attend one.

odla
10-21-12, 10:25 AM
I was there yesterday in the second group of the day. I was in the white landyards group. It was a nice event. I agree with vlove. They really didn't let you push the car close to its limits. Understandable but I was getting up to 145-150 on the straight and was told to be easier on the brakes. I actually got into a car that the brakes had faded to much and I went mowing the grass. Not by much but still. Good event but if you done alot of track time I think you will be left disappointed. I was some but I think I may have been expecting more actual on track time. Especially for being there form 12:30 till 5.

Highlights were meeting Andy. Great guy! Talking with some of the engineers was nice. I also like driving the ats. Most of the classes I knew about the info already.

Overall nice experience but I wouldn't do it again.

JFJr
10-21-12, 03:39 PM
Just got back from the V-Lab this afternoon and had an amazing time. I was very impressed with the entire event. The event was catered and had plenty of refreshments throughout the track. I was surprised how fast they let us go in the cars (125+mph)! We also test drove the new ATS. It is a very nice car and I will strongly consider a V version when it comes out. If you have not attended this event than your missing out. Anyone who owns a Cadillac should make it a point to attend one.
I got an invitation last year but didn't go; my mistake. Glad to hear some good reports on the ATS. I will consider the V version if they offer a manual setup as good as in my CTS-V.

Jud

ClarkkentCTSV
10-21-12, 07:30 PM
I was also in the second group, but on the black team. I think if anyone is expecting more track time they would have to sign up for the academy. I think for a free promotional event it was very good. A few free Cadillac gifts, food, beverages, and the opportunity to drive the fastest Cadillac in the world in a controlled environment for free. You can't beat that. The event needs to be appreciated for what it is, a free promotional event.