: new to the caddy community....

FSTMRFR
10-16-12, 11:33 PM
Just looking for some answers that I am having trouble finding info on.....

What size are factory injectors? Mini timer or usacar plugs? What EV style is the body...

What size is the factory supercharger? 1.9 ltr? I read this housing uses Eaton rotors.... True or false? Screw type or standard?

Manual tranny is a tremec 6060? What are the gear ratios? What is the ft lb of torque rating on this slush box?

What size is factory fuel pump in lph? Are there twin pumps in tank as I would suspect?

I am not new to the performance world, just new to the Cadillac community.... Thoughts would build something different for a change..... Please don't bash me to hard for these very silly questions....

FSTMRFR
10-17-12, 02:44 PM
need to add to my list of questions...

competition mode? what is that all about... traction control on/off + competition mode... please explain ... The main notice in competition mode is steering is firmer... can someone clarify what else is going on with that mode?? thx..

also, what exactly does the sport vs touring mode do??

MacBuster
10-17-12, 04:34 PM
need to add to my list of questions...

competition mode? what is that all about... traction control on/off + competition mode... please explain ... The main notice in competition mode is steering is firmer... can someone clarify what else is going on with that mode?? thx..

also, what exactly does the sport vs touring mode do??

If the competition mode was anything like my Z06 (I don't yet have a V), then it's like a "hero" mode. Gives you lots of "lateral slip angle". Hooligan mode.

Xaqtly
10-17-12, 05:06 PM
I can't answer all your questions, here what I know:

Factory supercharger is a 1.9 liter roots-type Eaton blower. 4-lobe twin blade.
The M6 is a Tremec TR6060.
Gear Ratios – 1st: 2.66; 2nd: 1.78; 3rd: 1.30; 4th: 1.00; 5th: 0.80; 6th: 0.63; Reverse: 2.90; Final Drive: 3.73

As far as the TC and Stabilitrak system, it works like this:

Push TC button once: Turns traction control off. Stabilitrak (pitch, yaw, angle-sensing etc) is fully active.
Push TC button twice: Competitive mode. Turns traction control off, leaves Stabilitrak on but dials it back to allow for more lateral traction loss before the safeties kick in. Will let you have more fun, will not let you kill yourself. Also adds more steering wheel resistance, feels heavier.
Push and hold TC button for 5+ seconds: Turns everything off. You are on your own, godspeed. DIC will display "STABILITRAK OFF".

Sport mode increases the shock damping and rebound values for better handling; less body roll, squat and dive. Touring mode uses more conservative values for a better ride.

larry arizona
10-17-12, 05:32 PM
TR6060 is good to about 600 RWTQ, Eaton TVS series rotors, single fuel pump, 52lb stock injectors, sport and touring mode is the setting for the magnaride suspension.

FSTMRFR
10-17-12, 08:35 PM
I can't answer all your questions, here what I know:

Factory supercharger is a 1.9 liter roots-type Eaton blower. 4-lobe twin blade.
The M6 is a Tremec TR6060.
Gear Ratios – 1st: 2.66; 2nd: 1.78; 3rd: 1.30; 4th: 1.00; 5th: 0.80; 6th: 0.63; Reverse: 2.90; Final Drive: 3.73

As far as the TC and Stabilitrak system, it works like this:

Push TC button once: Turns traction control off. Stabilitrak (pitch, yaw, angle-sensing etc) is fully active.
Push TC button twice: Competitive mode. Turns traction control off, leaves Stabilitrak on but dials it back to allow for more lateral traction loss before the safeties kick in. Will let you have more fun, will not let you kill yourself. Also adds more steering wheel resistance, feels heavier.
Push and hold TC button for 5+ seconds: Turns everything off. You are on your own, godspeed. DIC will display "STABILITRAK OFF".

Sport mode increases the shock damping and rebound values for better handling; less body roll, squat and dive. Touring mode uses more conservative values for a better ride.

Great... You told me lots.... I am not a tire bender so I presume I would need to keep touring mode on for tire wrinkling.... But the stabil track off is cool info too... Thx for the info man.... Thx for gear ratios... Didn't know rear gears were that low... 3.73....interesting... Guess u need that shit with 28 inch tall tires...

----------

TR6060 is good to about 600 RWTQ, Eaton TVS series rotors, single fuel pump, 52lb stock injectors, sport and touring mode is the setting for the magnaride suspension.

Cool thx for the heads up... :) what does the single pump flow?