: What feature that another vehicle you have owned had that you wish the V had as well?

RGaret
10-16-12, 01:54 PM
I would like to see the following features in my next V:

True night mode on the NAV screen, not just auto dimming
Real push button start
The ability to close the sunroof and shade with one button push
A locking gas filler door
Real paddle shifters
The ability to open the trunk when the doors are unlocked from the outside

These are not complaints, just things that I had present in other cars and would like to see again

mrkool
10-16-12, 01:57 PM
1. Roll the windows down and open the sunroof by holding the open button on the key FOB
2. Power Trunk open and close
3. Full or small Spare
4. Better sound system option
5. Ability to stream Audio from my phone
6. Have the traffic update on the NAV without stupid XM ( my 400 dollar Nuvi does it for free)

RGaret
10-16-12, 02:04 PM
I remembered one more. I want the ability to use my NAV address entry feature while the vehicle is moving. Not for me as it is unsafe to do that, but my passenger should be able to do it.

Mikevette
10-16-12, 05:55 PM
HUD
Launch Control
Short Throw Shifter

Mike P.

mother
10-16-12, 06:27 PM
BTW the trunk is power up/down and works fine without the doors locked on the Vagon :o

shchow
10-16-12, 06:32 PM
Heated steering wheel,
DCT type double clutch automated manual,
HUD

CoppeR
10-16-12, 10:14 PM
No tpms. One less thing to reprogram when I swap wheels.

Im not an idiot, i check my tire pressure weekly.

hlantin
10-16-12, 11:26 PM
I've got a 2011..wish it had tilting and dimming side mirrors. Also, I don't mind the mpg, but a bigger gas tank would be nice!

FSTMRFR
10-17-12, 12:16 AM
The hot chick they always have in the advertisement photos!

Havasusteve
10-17-12, 12:35 AM
Alcantara headliner and posts
Launch Control
Solid Isolator Bushing

Thunder Gray STS
10-17-12, 12:56 AM
Heads up

Blind Zone Alert
Heated Steering Wheel
Streaming Bluetooth from phone
Secure car- rolls up windows, sunroof and locks car from FOB
Oil Pressure Gauge
Anything but piano black console
Better resolution camera
Seek function for radio from wheel
Adaptive cruise

ReaperV
10-17-12, 06:18 AM
HUD
Dual clutch automated tranny

thebigjimsho
10-17-12, 11:30 AM
No tpms. One less thing to reprogram when I swap wheels.

Im not an idiot, i check my tire pressure weekly.

It's federally mandated now. Get used to it...

OldRoadDawg
10-17-12, 01:48 PM
Column shift
Dimmer switch on floor
Fender skirts :rolleyes:

jrybacek
10-17-12, 03:51 PM
1. Customer service: I've been to 3 Cadillac dealers, but the only place I get "service" is the Chevy dealership that used to be a Cadillac shop.
2. Heads-up display
3. A quiet interior, I should be able to hear the vehicle when my foot is to the floor, but be able to hold a conversation at 65mph without excessive road noise or rattling from the Ultraloud sunroof.
4. Adaptive cruise control
5. Black headliner
6. No piano black anything
7. Streaming bluetooth
8. Locking gas door

RGaret
10-17-12, 04:05 PM
Katie,

Are you taking note?

I also want the black headliner.

dennych
10-17-12, 10:38 PM
1. Better customer service + trim quality
2. Auto Power fold mirrors
3. Trajectory on the rear camera
4. A2DP Bluetooth streaming
5. More wagons without sunroofs and black headliners like Rgaret said
6. Two tone seats on the wagons
7. DCT
8. Paddle shifters on the steering column

CoppeR
10-18-12, 09:47 AM
Katie,

Are you taking note?

I also want the black headliner.

Good luck

simgolfer
10-18-12, 09:57 AM
Love the large sunroof but stop the creaking
HUD
Alcantara headliner
Streaming bluetooth
Variable exhaust ie quiet mode/sport mode
Larger gas tank

M5eater
10-18-12, 11:16 AM
1. Suede headliner
2. Suede black colored headliner
3. Suede black colored headliner that doesn't look like it's from a Sierra.
4. HUD? Just throwing this in there so it doesn't seem like I have a one track mind.

McGuffy
10-18-12, 12:14 PM
I agree with everything posted - I'd also like the iPhone jacks to be located better, and rear seat power for the kids' power-hungry devices.

Moparman4444
10-19-12, 10:03 AM
Launch control
HUD
Better sterio
Remote window down and door unlock from the key fob
Better Nav system
Slightly smaller brakes so we can use differant wheels
Brake pads that don't create a mountain of dust for the street
Red calipers w/o a $500+ up charge
Nicer looking wheels with a more distinct, agressive look.

jsherid1
10-19-12, 10:12 AM
Glad to see that a couple of other people besides me would like the black headliner--I am considering having mine (and the posts) recovered once I take delivery (status is currently "Order Accepted by Production Control"). I have a guy who can take care of the color change on the few pieces of Titanium colored trim. Has anyone done this on a Vagon? Would love to see pictures if someone has.

RGaret
10-19-12, 10:23 AM
Glad to see that a couple of other people besides me would like the black headliner--I am considering having mine (and the posts) recovered once I take delivery (status is currently "Order Accepted by Production Control"). I have a guy who can take care of the color change on the few pieces of Titanium colored trim. Has anyone done this on a Vagon? Would love to see pictures if someone has.

The coupe has a black headliner so they have the materials. I want them to offer it as an option since it may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Mr. LCP
10-19-12, 08:59 PM
Little things like a flip down sun visor above the rear view mirror and an oh shit handle for the front seat passengers. I miss those little things from my Audis. Standard seats with *some* lateral support that didn't creak around whenever I shifted my weight would be nice too.

dennych
10-19-12, 09:04 PM
The coupe has a black headliner so they have the materials. I want them to offer it as an option since it may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Yeah the option would be nice. Having a black headliner with a black interior is a no brainier in my opinion. My co-worker says they use lighter at the top because it feels more "Spacious"

SoCal_V
10-20-12, 03:50 AM
* Black alcantara headliner

* Wheels that don't click. Mine started clicking a few days ago. Not happy.

* Front parking sensors

* Real carbon fiber interior trim instead of that embarrassing black/silver checkerboard print junk

* Auto truck closer

dennych
10-20-12, 03:55 AM
* Auto truck closer

that's easy to fix, just get a wagon :D j/k
wasn't aware it didn't have front sensors

MikeG-V
10-20-12, 01:42 PM
Auto on Front camera so my wife doesn't rip the bumper off

Btw, saw what looked like a HUD on the ATS yesterday at the vlab thing.

gallenl
10-21-12, 12:33 PM
Hud.

V-swagon
10-21-12, 12:44 PM
I miss the massaging seats. My 02 DTS has them and it was very pleasant when my back was sore.

Ludacrisvp
10-21-12, 01:20 PM
I miss the massaging seats. My 02 DTS has them and it was very pleasant when my back was sore.

Agreed.

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-22-12, 04:14 PM
These are all great ideas! If you had wanted for us to create a product suggestion on your behalf, please send us the following information and we will get a file set up that will be accessible to the appropriate departments within GM:
Your name
Contact information
Model
Details of your suggestion

We thank you for your valuable feedback!

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

RGaret
10-23-12, 05:54 AM
These are all great ideas! If you had wanted for us to create a product suggestion on your behalf, please send us the following information and we will get a file set up that will be accessible to the appropriate departments within GM:
Your name
Contact information
Model
Details of your suggestion

We thank you for your valuable feedback!

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

Sarah,

See above. We would like all of these things. Everyone here has a 2009 - 2012 CTS-V. I don't really expect all of these ideas to make it into production but I would like the product development team to know what the people want.

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-23-12, 10:46 AM
RGaret,

To form the product suggestion file, we would need to set it up under a person's name with contact information (thus my request for information including name and contact information, which I suppose people would rather do privately; if it is sent via email, we wouldn't necessarily know the model and suggestion details).

Thanks,
Sarah (Assisting Katie)
Cadillac Customer Service

Ludacrisvp
10-23-12, 12:22 PM
Everyone here has a 2009 - 2012 CTS-V.

Well not _all_ of us have one, but if you're willing to donate ..... :)

But as far as needing contact information being needed only really makes sense if it's being used to track who is buying new since that's where GM makes the most money.

What we have in this thread should be placed on the whiteboard in the designers / engineers lab for the list of things to consider adding or improving for the next revision.

RGaret
10-23-12, 05:30 PM
Well not _all_ of us have one, but if you're willing to donate ..... :)

But as far as needing contact information being needed only really makes sense if it's being used to track who is buying new since that's where GM makes the most money.

What we have in this thread should be placed on the whiteboard in the designers / engineers lab for the list of things to consider adding or improving for the next revision.

You can buy mine from Ally in 2.5 years when the lease is up. It will have less than 30k miles and be completely clean and well cared for. Should be worth about half the price of a new one. I will be driving something else, hopefully a V3.

thebigjimsho
10-24-12, 12:05 PM
Launch control
HUD
Better sterio
Remote window down and door unlock from the key fob
Better Nav system
Slightly smaller brakes so we can use differant wheels
Brake pads that don't create a mountain of dust for the street
Red calipers w/o a $500+ up charge
Nicer looking wheels with a more distinct, agressive look.

So you just want to look good and don't want all out performance...

Xaqtly
10-24-12, 12:16 PM
Yeah, smaller brakes? Um, no. I like being able to stop. :D If you just want the looks, get a regular CTS and bling it out.

RGaret
12-27-12, 11:05 AM
Memory seat for passenger side.

MikemcctsV
12-27-12, 11:15 AM
For me it is simple. Auto Folding Side Mirrors.

SoCalCTSV
12-27-12, 11:18 AM
I'd like to wash my car or drive in the rain without getting the dreaded service traction control issue. That would be cool.

Innisfree
12-27-12, 12:44 PM
http://maps.google.com/maps/api/staticmap?center=34.820511,-82.235565&zoom=14&markers=34.820511,-82.235565&size=400x300&sensor=true. All four tire psi on one screen!