: 00 seville sts air intake hose

10-16-12, 01:42 PM

I have a tear in my air intake hose and can not locate a salvage yard with my generation seville, and can't seem to find an oem hose online either. Seems odd for such a simple part, can you help? Thank you.

10-16-12, 04:43 PM

Which part exactly?

10-18-12, 03:30 AM
Intake hose/tube. Not the clamps, not an air filter, not the boot, and not the box. The hose/tube that runs from the box to the throttle body. Was that meant to insult my intelligence?

10-18-12, 01:37 PM
no insult intended... so you're saying what you want is not in this picture?

kind of sounds like you're talking about the plenum

it's one of those parts that's hard to describe and i can usually tell when i'm talking to someone on the phone that they're looking for a plenum just by how they preface their description of the part with something like "i'm not sure what to call this". i usually save them the trouble of having to figure out how to describe it and ask them if they're looking for the rubber boot mounted between the manifold and the throttle body that has a hose clamp around it.




tons of threads here concerning diagnosing it and replacing it (https://www.google.com/#q=plenum+site:cadillacforums.com)

let me know if you've got any questions

10-18-12, 02:02 PM
i understand. its not the plenum or the seal thats broken. its the hose with 2 clamps on either end. if i was going to get an aftermarket intake kit this hose would be replaced by stainless steel pipeing. looks like a huge black bendy straw. you must understand at this point.

10-18-12, 05:09 PM
ok with that description it sounds like you're talking about #12 in the original illustration i posted tuesday



check out those two pictures from Submariner409's profile albums ...

he's got a 2003 STS (but everything's the same as yours basically)

the one main difference you might notice is that he's removed the resonator and plugged up the hole
(this is commonly known as the 'butt-plug' modification)
removing the resonator like that will allow some extra 'vroom-vroom' noises into the cabin when you get on the go pedal
but other than that it's mainly cosmetic - allowing easier access to the areas that it covered (mainly the transmission dipstick)

10-18-12, 07:05 PM
yes sir that is what i am speaking of. i did not acknowledge 12 because the diagram was leading to the box above the hose. that is what i am in need of.

10-19-12, 12:55 PM
yeah that's all one piece

$114.47 - list price
$ 85.85 - forum discount

shipping will depend on where you are

10-19-12, 01:06 PM
Well I just screwed myself I ordered a cheap intake off eBay for a temp fix about 12 minutes before you replied :mad:. I guess I'll wait to see how it fits before I go and order the original. Thanks for the reply though it is much appreciated

10-19-12, 01:49 PM
Ok no problem

you know where to find me