: 08 escalade Falling apart.

Salvage101
10-16-12, 01:51 PM
Bare with me as I'm typing this on my cell phone. I am starting to get frustrated with this truck. I had a 03 before this and didn't experience half the issues I get with this one. I got this truck 2 years Ago with 50k on the clock. Ever since day one it's been a headache. The truck pops the fuse for the rear glass and the rear wiper every time I open the lift gate, had it take in to get looked at. They took the whole back tailgate apart and found no broken wires or anything g obvious that is poppin fuses. My cruise control doesn't work either they said that's a seperate issue that mite be related to the main body computer. The truck sounds like my diesel when I first start it in the am. Just last week I get a service suspension light and had to replace the back right shock well I fixed that $600 later and ten minutes out the repair shop my truck loses reverse completely. It's at the dealer again. I'm havin a super bad experience with this truck the overall quality and craftsman ship of this truck is totally unacceptable. Even the exterior is fading away all the window jams are Faded and the emblems are fading to white. I'm just amazed At the shitty quality of this vehicle and the sad part is somebody paid 70k for this thing to fall apart in 3 years. Sorry to rant and rave but I just gotta get it off y chest. I could have bought a $5000 ford Taurus And had better luck. Just sayin. ::puts flame suit on lol::

Nice Ride
10-16-12, 02:51 PM
When you have a Lemon, make Lemonade, trade the truck in, with the lemonade sales you should be able to get something better. Possibly why it was for sale before you purchased it, lots of issues with the truck. Did you check car fax? Did you purchase from a GM dealer? Did you look the truck over very closely before you purchased it? Possible water damage veichle... :(

mikemjohnson
10-16-12, 03:02 PM
all relative, some of it due to maintenance, but many times luck of the draw. i have a 07 with 130k almost, besides usual stuff like ac and heated seat problems, it is doing great, and the truck's original owner had kids in and out of the car, who as a general rule wreak havoc
edit: mechanically solid as well/electronics

hannity
10-16-12, 03:13 PM
I understand what you are going through, I am sorry for your troubles. I bought a 2010 platinum brand new and it was the worst vehicle I ever owned. I see you are having electrical issues and those can be the worst. I would say that maybe it's been in an accident perhaps and some wires may have been cut or are exposed causing the issue with the tail gate. But if they took it apart and found nothing then it may be a bad computer (I hope not).

As far as the diesel sound, that is just piston slap which is a common gm issue that they deny and care not to fix. If you google piston slap and gm you will get the story on that.

There has to be a bad module or a lose connection some where that is affecting your cruise control and your tail gate operation.

As far as losing reverse it may have been something they did when they had it. I know they drive trains on these trucks are clunky and I had my share of issues that was only resolved after getting my radiator flushed off all things. But if it happened in their possession they may be responsible.

I understand about the quality, this was my first American car. I bought mine without researching and it was a nightmare. I am sorry for what you are going though, there are many people from gm on here and some people who may have had similar issues and can point you in the right direction as far as getting a fix. There are also customer reps on here that can help you if your service department is giving you the runaround.

So you know I don't think all of these trucks are problematic I think there are actually some that run right and have no issues. I can say this because after dumping my platinum I bought a brand new Range Rover Super Charged heavily discounted due to the new model coming in. I had some people on here wish me bad luck with the truck saying how bad RR's are. I know they have horrible reliability based on what I have read on them. But with all the issues with my caddy I was happy to get into anything else. Now I have 16,800 miles on my RR and have not had a single issue. A week after I bought my RR the dealer sent me a basket with wine, cheese, and fruit in it. Congratulating me and letting me know to contact them if I need anything. When I bought my platinum the caddy dealer didn't even call me. Anyway sorry for going on and on, I just remember when i was in your shoes. I hope you get these issues resolved, please keep us all updated.

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-16-12, 04:04 PM
Salvage, I'm making sure to document your feedback and am so sorry to hear about your frustrations so far. If you would like me to follow up with your dealership regarding your vehicle's status, please email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Rustico
10-16-12, 04:45 PM
threads like this scare me.

hcvone
10-16-12, 06:29 PM
Any car/truck can be a problem, I had a 80,000 dollar 2005 Range Rover HSE, the biggest POS ever made, it was at the dealership more times than my 12 Escalade combined, my 2011 Range Rover has only seen the dealership twice, a big improvement, but not as trouble free as my Escalade's. I would find a better shop that can fix your truck :)

mikemjohnson
10-16-12, 09:01 PM
^range rovers are truly, without a doubt, the biggest POS ever made. not being hateful to your vehicle, but they take the cake in every category.

DG2
10-17-12, 12:40 AM
Unfortunate no doubt and would trade in for a new one at this point. Not that this will make you feel any better but I purchased a brand new loaded V8 X5 that had many similar issues and tons more. It happens.

That said I have owned my 2011 Escalade for 14 months and 24,000 mikes and it has been perfect. I mean not one thing has gone wrong. No squeaks, rattles or anything. Best car/SUV I have ever owned.

Salvage101
10-17-12, 09:34 AM
Thanks for all your input guys. I carfaxed the truck when i purchased it the car fax was clean, 1 owner and no accidents, it also still had some time on the factory warranty and its still under a factory power train warranty. Had service records available for maintenance. I drove the truck and def had everything checked out when i bought it. Truck drove amazing and there was nothing mechanically wrong with it at the time, other than the fading window jams and emblems the exterior was in flawless condition, it just had a little scuff on the front passenger wheel that i could live with. The only thing the truck needed at the time was a new pair of tires and front brakes which i had done rite away along with a tranny flush. Problems didnt start till a few months later, and its been one after another, i have not had a break since. As far as the "GM piston slap" goes i guess theres nothing i can really do about that from what people are saying. Its looks like a hit or miss with some of these trucks, you either get a good one or a nightmare. Katie i will keep you posted on my truck for sure, I called them yesterday and they told me that the trans is out and they are waiting on parts and it will be done thursday. The question i have for you is, i dropped the truck off last thursday and monday i get a letter in the mail saying there is a recall for my motor running rough. At idle my truck can stir up a milkshake thats how rough it idles, but theres no check engine light or loss of power light on in my truck, and when i actually drive, the truck and motor run smooth as butter the issue is pretty much just at idle. Should i even bother addressing this issue to my dealer? I want to thank everybody for their time and input.

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-17-12, 03:03 PM
Katie i will keep you posted on my truck for sure, I called them yesterday and they told me that the trans is out and they are waiting on parts and it will be done thursday. The question i have for you is, i dropped the truck off last thursday and monday i get a letter in the mail saying there is a recall for my motor running rough. At idle my truck can stir up a milkshake thats how rough it idles, but theres no check engine light or loss of power light on in my truck, and when i actually drive, the truck and motor run smooth as butter the issue is pretty much just at idle. Should i even bother addressing this issue to my dealer? I want to thank everybody for their time and input.

Salvage, if you wouldn't mind sending me an email (email address above) with the last eight of your VIN, I can research to find any details on that recall for you. (For more immediate assistance, I would also recommend getting in touch with your dealer to consult with them on the recall specifics!)

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

blazen244
10-17-12, 05:18 PM
Wow! I have 70,000 miles on my 08 it had around 54,000 when I got it and so far the only thing I've noticed is the seat A/C and cooling, I can't feel it doing anything. I think I saw this mentioned earlier in the thread is this a known issue and if so what can be done about it?

ErikU19
10-18-12, 12:29 AM
Youre under warranty so you should be taken care of.

I have an 07 EXT for myself and an 07 ESV for my wife and they are great trucks. The window trim peeling/emblem fadings are annoyances but every vehicle has them.

Good luck, I promise these are awesome trucks!

bstiffmanofsteel
10-18-12, 10:39 AM
My daily driver is an 07 EXT 115k on it and it still rides great. Those dreaded pilliars are peeling, and I break dook handles way too often. But I'll address those in the spring assuming I don't buy a newer one.

felixgun
10-22-12, 05:49 AM
I have an 07 with 55k miles and only thing that has gone out is my AC compressor which I got fixed under my bumper to bumper warranty. The only thing I'm pissed about is the window sill trim that has cracked in two places and peeling alllll over the place. Other then that its been a great vehicle and drives like a brand new car.

Rolex
10-22-12, 03:33 PM
Ever wonder why the previous owner traded that Escalade off for another vehicle. :)

90limited
11-13-12, 05:27 PM
wow... I was looking for a 2004-2006 EXT and came across a good deal on an 2007 EXT. Based on what I am reading, seems older (02-06) had a lot less issues...

turbocobra
12-01-12, 01:09 AM
Wow! I have 70,000 miles on my 08 it had around 54,000 when I got it and so far the only thing I've noticed is the seat A/C and cooling, I can't feel it doing anything. I think I saw this mentioned earlier in the thread is this a known issue and if so what can be done about it? mine did the same thing and it ended up being a blown fuse.