: 35k on 2010 esv - brakes needed?

porscheconvert
10-16-12, 10:16 AM
Folks - my wife has been saying her truck is squealing upon braking...also getting
High pitch squeal just driving...indicator brakes are going. I called dealer and they are saying pads should last 80k! Seems ludicrous as most large SUVs in my experience go around 40k. What say you? Also should I do rotors too? I usually do my own pads and rotors.

No one seems to have agreed on brand, so I may just buy parts from dealer.

Any pics or videos of this replacement...searched and I didn't see anything.

Thanks!

ELUSIVE
10-16-12, 11:44 AM
It's all dependent upon how you drive and under what conditions.
35K highway miles shouldn't need new brakes, but 35K miles of city or mountain driving could easily need to be replaced.

For what it's worth, on my 2010 ESV I had all 4 rotors turned at 6K miles because they were warped. At 12K miles Cadillac replaced all 4 rotors because they were warped again.
I think they had a bad batch of rotors.

ridesguy
10-16-12, 12:15 PM
45k front went 70k rear went. I did ACDelco's from the dealer. Not too expensive and they came with new retaining clips and shims, very nice sets. Front rotors were replaced, warped and bad, rears were fine and reused after scuffing them up.

anhandrew
10-16-12, 12:42 PM
I recently did my front and rears with wagner thermo quiets ceramics. Works great. Also changed out to slotted and drilled rotors. As a combo it seem to stop better.

r1concepts
10-16-12, 04:04 PM
If you need help with rotors and pads just PM me and I'd be glad to help you out.

hcvone
10-16-12, 06:37 PM
I have many performance cars and I drive pretty fast, at 30k my brakes are about halfway, we have customers that do a lot of highway driving get over 75k miles out of their brake pads on their Escalade's. I have been happy with the ECB 6000 & 7000 for my pads with their rotors and ss brake lines, not like big brake kits, but so much bettter than stock and 17 feet faster stopping at 70 mph vs stock pads.