: 2005 STS radio sound goes back to default

wopolino
10-15-12, 11:28 PM
2005 STS with Nav and DVD. One nice and yet simultaneously annoying feature of the car is that each radio station, satellite station or CD has to be tuned to a unique sound field (bass, mid, treble). It's nice as each station can be setup for it's unique sound needs, but annoying that I have to set up each one. HOWEVER, Periodically they all seem to go back to the default or "neutral" sound. Does anyone have a reason why this happens? How can I stop it? or what am I doing to cause it?

carter's_sts
10-16-12, 01:25 AM
Mine do not go back to default (either of my STSs) even when I've disconnected the battery. I don't think you should have to do this, but you might try storing all driver settings periodically.

I just thought of this.......do you change Fobs? The settings are saved for each Fob separately to accommodate two drivers.

EChas3
10-16-12, 07:25 PM
Sometimes they do go bad this way. I think Chris at Rippy's had some ideas on getting refurb units. A failing battery can cause this, too.

wopolino
10-18-12, 10:58 AM
It usually occurs after my wife drives it with her #2 fob, so I'm thinking that it's just glitch and sometimes it keeps her settings on that part of the radio. Not worth changing out the unit and the battery is in great shape. So I'll call it annoying nuisance and live

carter's_sts
10-18-12, 01:05 PM
I think there is a mode where a FOB will work and start the car, but it's not really assigned as Driver 1 or 2.

You might want to go through the pain of the procedure to store the FOBs as 1 and 2 again from the user manual.

EChas3
10-18-12, 08:02 PM
If the car displays both yours and your wife's greetings on the DIC, it couldn't be a fob matching issue. (Fobs matched as 3 & 4 act more like a valet key.)