: Lowering my CTS Coupe AWD!

bronik90
10-15-12, 06:58 PM
So I just traded in my 08 CTS for a 2011 AWD coupe. Unfortunately, as most of you AWD coupe owners know, there isn't much selection when it comes to aftermarket parts for the car. I want to lower my car, but I have a few questions.

I found the Eibach pro springs specifically for the car (38147.140), but I wanted to know if there were any other brands available (possibly with a little bit more drop), and should I replace the shocks??? It only has 22,000 miles on it, and I am not looking to seriously race an AWD CTS. But I figured new shocks may not be a bad idea, and if not, which ones. I still consider myself to be a newb, so that's why I come here haha.

Thanks!

bronik90
10-17-12, 10:54 AM

bronik90
01-16-13, 12:23 PM
Bump

X E Ryder
01-16-13, 09:13 PM
I'm theorizing here but I hope you'll prefer that to no answer at all...

Lowering an AWD is definitely going to be a far less traveled road than rwd cars.

The front suspension would have the most significant differences, but the springs do reside up on the top of the struts so in theory you could use other springs.

I would be most concerned about the the CV joints operating at much higher negative angles all the time.

I can't be the only one wondering why you want to lower an AWD - it might help to know what you plan to do with the car or is it strictly aesthetics?

Cheers!

bronik90
01-18-13, 12:23 AM
I'm theorizing here but I hope you'll prefer that to no answer at all...

Lowering an AWD is definitely going to be a far less traveled road than rwd cars.

The front suspension would have the most significant differences, but the springs do reside up on the top of the struts so in theory you could use other springs.

I would be most concerned about the the CV joints operating at much higher negative angles all the time.

I can't be the only one wondering why you want to lower an AWD - it might help to know what you plan to do with the car or is it strictly aesthetics?

Cheers!

Strictly aesthetics. Not looking for any performance advantages. The Eibach kit (item # in original post) is apparently just a prototype and shouldn't even be on store websites. Turns out the demand is super low, it's still in R&D, and isn't expected to hit shelves til April 2013.

I just wasn't sure if anyone knew of other brands possibly manufacturing a set. I definitely can't be the first one wanting to lower an AWD coupe.

HurstGN
01-18-13, 12:18 PM
PM SLICKNICK54, he was looking at springs from H&R, but apparently those aren't for an AWD. Maybe he has found something in his looking.

bronik90
01-18-13, 11:04 PM
PM SLICKNICK54, he was looking at springs from H&R, but apparently those aren't for an AWD. Maybe he has found something in his looking.

Thanks! Will do. So far, I've researched for hours and hours with absolutely zero luck lol.

I guess the demand doesn't exist, so companies aren't risking the money to start full production.

*CTS*
04-21-14, 09:17 AM
I just purchased a 10 AWD CTS Wagon and also plan on lowering it. Definately want more of a drop than the Eibach springs offer

MD_Coupe
04-22-14, 12:33 PM
Well you aren't gonna get any drop at all unless you cut the springs since no one has an application for awd. Eibach scrapped the prototype and has no plans to start over.

leroy_ctscoupe
04-22-14, 07:45 PM
Just purchased my 2012 CTS Coupe AWD. Looking to lower it as well.. Anyone do this before? Tips? Thoughts? Thanks, Leroy

Karlvein song
04-27-14, 12:20 AM
Just purchased my 2012 CTS Coupe AWD. Looking to lower it as well.. Anyone do this before? Tips? Thoughts? Thanks, Leroysame here.. i want to change sway bars as well.. can anybody provide some info pleeeeeseeee

Wolfster
04-27-14, 01:00 PM
amazing! Everyone I know thinks the car is already low enough in front.
With an AWD like I have myself anything more than 6" of snow and you're already in trouble.

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad122/wolfman_030/Funny%20Stuff/39ef02daa2cfe1d7bc2edfc883465df8_zps053ac8d7.jpg