: Nav address entry

hollingass
10-15-12, 06:06 PM
i am a Cadillac newbie, just bought this 08 Escalade ESV couple weeks ago. going on a trip this week and i was going to put all my destinations in the address book. when i hit the DEST hard key the screen pops up with all the options, but when i press the add address soft key it just beeps but the screen does not change, it doesnt let me put a address in, same for POI. the previous used and map feature work when looking for a destination. tried it in park, engine running and shut off. while driving these soft keys are no longer highlighted and do not function.

what am i doing wrong?

thanks for any help i get in advance

MrHolland
10-15-12, 06:21 PM
Welcome to the forum hollin gass!!! Lots of good info and people in here. I'm sure someone will soon chime with the answer to your query. Enjoy your stay!!

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-16-12, 02:04 PM
Hollingrass, I'm sorry to hear about your frustration! I did some preliminary research, and you should indeed be able to view a state/province screen after selecting "Address" (see the section beginning on page 2-13 of your Navigation Manual for more details). Have you already considered taking your vehicle in to the dealership for a diagnosis? If you would like further assistance at any point, please contact me via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

hollingass
10-16-12, 05:47 PM
played with my nav unit some more today, still wont let me put in addresses, when i go into "config" and check map database it show's version 9.3, on the top it says "Coverage Area" but there is nothing on the screen, just the version and a GM number. could i have a problem with the disc?

48Dodge
10-17-12, 11:22 AM
Have you gone to the navigation screen and clicked through the warning screens? I know certain functions are blocked when that needs to be done. Sometimes I can't get into my phonebook unless I go directly to the nav screen and click through

hollingass
10-17-12, 08:33 PM
Warning screens came on today, clicked through, still won't let me put in an address. Took it to my dealer, they updated the software, checked for codes (none) and it still doesn't work

48Dodge
10-18-12, 07:30 AM
Do you have a lockpick installed? Have you unhooked the battery for 15 minutes?

jlawsonz
10-18-12, 10:12 AM
If you take it out and can live without it for a week, Factory Repair Services 972-690-8115 is where mine was repaired. My cd changer would not load CDs. Cost me nothing, my dealer paid $145 to fix it. They are online as well. They are located in the Dallas, TX area.

----------

Factory Repair Services 972-690-8115 is who my dealer used to repair mine. Cost them $145 to repair the Cd changer in my nav unit. They are in the Dallas area.

----------

Sorry for the dupe post. Thought I lost the 1st attempt to post. I am not affiliated with that company in any way, nor do I officially endorse them.

hollingass
10-20-12, 01:33 PM
I do not have lock pick installed, previous owner may have and removed it. I will try unhooking the battery when we get home. Nav works fine when imputing location from the map

hollingass
10-24-12, 12:09 AM
Dealer called today, said only half the update was done with their scan tool, have to wait for disc to come and Finnish the update

hollingass
10-24-12, 03:08 PM
Tried unhooking the battery for 30 minutes today. Still no address entry

hollingass
11-06-12, 09:07 AM
Dealer updated with a new disc today, still no address entry, they have ordered a whole new radio and are covering it!!!

Any quick way to figure out what trim level my escalade is?

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-06-12, 01:34 PM
Dealer updated with a new disc today, still no address entry, they have ordered a whole new radio and are covering it!!!
Any quick way to figure out what trim level my escalade is?
Glad you'll be getting a new radio, Hollingrass! If you'd like me to check my resources for your trim level info, please email me with the last eight of your VIN.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

hollingass
11-15-12, 06:22 PM
Wow!!! They fixed my power seat module, but get this the new Nav radio didn't fix the problem!!!
Still cannot enter an address into it! Now they think the Nav disc that is in it is not compatible, they have ordered a new one but they are back ordered. Are they unavailable everywhere?

hollingass
11-27-12, 11:27 PM
Just an update, the dealer has ordered the latest Nav disc for me, they said the disc that was in it when they sold it to me wasn't compatible, so far they have covered everything. Tonight I borrowed the disc I need from a buddy and tried it and it DID fix the problem, I could press Dest and enter an address. Where as before that didn't work but the rest of the Nav functions worked. Currently the disc they ordered is back ordered.

PeteKT
11-30-12, 11:34 AM
Did you try and make a copy of your buddies disc so you dont have to wait for the one they ordered?

MrHolland
11-30-12, 02:20 PM
No, I'm sure he didn't do that because of copyright laws.